+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Four year contract for Zohore at West Brom.

Four year contract for Zohore at West Brom.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/july...n-sign-zohore/

I still have this lingering feeling that we could end up regretting this, but good luck to him at his new club.

Re: Four year contract for Zohore at West Brom.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I still have this lingering feeling that we could end up regretting this, but good luck to him at his new club.
    Same in the short term, I suspect he'll get off to a good start and absolutely bang them in up until about Christmas then will score 1 one by August

"He's not the finished article". You can say that again, Slaven! I'd say there's a good chance we'll regret this but considering he's in the last year of his deal, I'm not sure I'd have been in a massive rush to offer him a new contract either! If the contract talks did stall (as suggested), perhaps the club had no choice but to cash in. Either way, good luck to him.

Been really disappointed with Zohore always frustrated thinking that he will turn into something special that will go down in city folklore. But unfortunately I don’t think he can cut the mustard, well happy with £8m
    Good luck ken go prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Same in the short term, I suspect he'll get off to a good start and absolutely bang them in up until about Christmas then will score 1 one by August
    +1

On the WBA KZ player profile it states he played at the highest level for Cardiff City last season. They have ommited the "scored once" bit. As we know...that was a bit of a scuffed shot. Welcome as it was. It will be interesting to see how long the Baggies fans put up with him. He needs a blistering start. So long as they remember he can't win a ball in the air and misses open goals they should be alright with him. I wonder if he will score more than ex WBA Ricky Lambert did for us?

I think he has all the tools to be a good player in the right team and with the right attitude. If he plays to his best I think we could live to regret it.

If West Brom play to his strengths this signing could come good for them. But if the ball is just lofted to him above waist height time and time again they'll find a player who doesn't have the stomach to battle centre back pairings in the air.

Zohore always looked his best with ball to feet and running at defenders. He is deceptively quick, but Cardiff never played to those technical strengths, the focus was always on his physical presence and he failed to thrive. That type of role does not suit him.

Be interested to see how it pans out for him at the Hawthorns, hope it works out for him personally but not to the detriment of Cardiff.

What's the betting he'll score with his head, or even his right foot?

If Zohore finally decides to play to his potential I’ll be a bit peeved. I’m a fan he’s a very skilful player but ultimately I think he lacks the bravery and desire a forward needs to make it in the Championship or Premier League

22 goals in 89 matches since he signed for us permanently.

10 goals in 59 matches since we extended his contract.

I don't think you can blame the club for cashing in.

Sorry to see KZ go but we took a chance on him last year only to be let down.
    I suspect NW tried his damnedest to get the best from him but thought better to cut his losses and try elsewhere, fingers crossed he has a replacement lined up.

Billic spent a lot of money on dross at West Ham and his squad were widely regarded as some of the unfittest in the premiership.
    Assuming his coaching skills haven't changed much since, then Zohore with his laid back style won't have to do a lot to fit in.

Just thinking of his finishing, in recent times I can't think of a forward who has scuffed more shots for us, including in that a few air shots which he missed (almost dummied) for another to hit in.

On the other hand when on it he is more than a handful. A fit and fully motivated Zohore rips the division to shreds. Unfortunately for Ken, for us and possibly more long term for WBA I'm not sure he has the right mental attributes to allow him to be quite the player he otherwise could.

Not even all about motivation, at times I wondered if it was also a question of determination, aggression, composure and perhaps less thought of, but I still think for a striker it's essential, concentration.

Bit sad to see him go, he has great potential but with a year left on the contract it's not awful business.

On his day unplayable. But since last season and I believe the birth of his child he has been very poor. Would normally wish him all the best, but a she's gone to a rival , I won't be doing that this time.

Seems a strange signing for a team that -one would imagine- has greater long term aspirations than just getting promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    On the WBA KZ player profile it states he played at the highest level for Cardiff City last season. They have ommited the "scored once" bit. As we know...that was a bit of a scuffed shot. Welcome as it was. It will be interesting to see how long the Baggies fans put up with him. He needs a blistering start. So long as they remember he can't win a ball in the air and misses open goals they should be alright with him. I wonder if he will score more than ex WBA Ricky Lambert did for us?
    "I'm back!". Aye, well he's gone now...

If we had exchanged him for Rondon last season, we would still be in Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    If we had exchanged him for Rondon last season, we would still be in Premier League?
    Probably but then you'll never know.

Right decision to let him go in my opinion.

Clearly has the attributes to be a decent Championship player, but we cannot afford to be losing players like this for nowt, and I’m not sure he’s done enough to earn a good new contract either.

We’ve lost too many players for free in recent years. We have to know when the time is right to say goodbye.

First player we’ve made a profit on since.....?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Right decision to let him go in my opinion.

Clearly has the attributes to be a decent Championship player, but we cannot afford to be losing players like this for nowt, and I’m not sure he’s done enough to earn a good new contract either.

We’ve lost too many players for free in recent years. We have to know when the time is right to say goodbye.

First player we’ve made a profit on since.....?
    TOSHACK ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Seems a strange signing for a team that -one would imagine- has greater long term aspirations than just getting promoted.
    They're have major financial constraints and want to maintain their historic tight financial controls. They are releasing quite a lot of people, particularly in their academy and peripheral roles. I understand his low wages was one of the key decision points that attracted West Brom & that they have to put the £16M from Rondon's sale has to go back into the clubs finances.