Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

  1. #1

    Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    - Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said he is "extremely concerned" by the seizure of two tankers by Iran.

    One is British-flagged while the other is Liberian-flagged but British owned. -

    More: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49053383

  2. #2

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz


  3. #3

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Thank **** they did this, now we can start dropping a shit ton of bombs on some innocent people.

  4. #4

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Thank **** they did this, now we can start dropping a shit ton of bombs on some innocent people.
    If the UK government turn to Trump to help, then heaven help us. IMO it was a huge mistake to intercept that Iranian tanker, giving the Iranians the perfect excuse to do what they have done. When I say a mistake I mean why on earth was it intercepted near Gibraltar rather than a few miles off Syria? Surely if you can (and you have a tip off) you arrest a burglar at the point of breaking and entering, not a few hundred miles away from his intended target? I presume there was enough evidence that the tanker was heading to Syria although it seems odd to me that a tanker from Iran goes all the way to Gibraltar first and then back to Syria - maybe I have missed something on the news.

  5. #5

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Pity they sacked the armed forces and spent the money on transgender awareness really.

  6. #6

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Pity they sacked the armed forces and spent the money on transgender awareness really.
    Is it that hard to remain rational?

  7. #7

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Pity they sacked the armed forces and spent the money on transgender awareness really.
    THAT MADE ME GIGGLE

  8. #8

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    THAT MADE ME GIGGLE
    At least you can be In our army as a LBGT person
    Be gay
    Sing as a solo ladies artist
    Demonstrate
    Not get stoned too death

  9. #9
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,136

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    If the UK government turn to Trump to help, then heaven help us. IMO it was a huge mistake to intercept that Iranian tanker, giving the Iranians the perfect excuse to do what they have done. When I say a mistake I mean why on earth was it intercepted near Gibraltar rather than a few miles off Syria? Surely if you can (and you have a tip off) you arrest a burglar at the point of breaking and entering, not a few hundred miles away from his intended target? I presume there was enough evidence that the tanker was heading to Syria although it seems odd to me that a tanker from Iran goes all the way to Gibraltar first and then back to Syria - maybe I have missed something on the news.
    The reason it went the long way round and not through the canal was to try to hide its final destination, making a couple of pointless stops on the way. That is what made people suspicious.

  10. #10

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    American troops to Saudi

  11. #11

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Donít think itís irrational to mention that weíve let our forces ( and police) dwindle to a point where we canít defend our interests abroad or at home . Itís kind of limited our options in dealing with this situation hasnít it ?

  12. #12

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Donít think itís irrational to mention that weíve let our forces ( and police) dwindle to a point where we canít defend our interests abroad or at home . Itís kind of limited our options in dealing with this situation hasnít it ?
    It's all high tec now drones,missiles, hacking, and trade sanctions, freezing assets, and stop the shipment of fags .

  13. #13

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Donít think itís irrational to mention that weíve let our forces ( and police) dwindle to a point where we canít defend our interests abroad or at home . Itís kind of limited our options in dealing with this situation hasnít it ?
    Except you didn't say that did you.

  14. #14

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The reason it went the long way round and not through the canal was to try to hide its final destination, making a couple of pointless stops on the way. That is what made people suspicious.
    Ah, ok, I thought there had to be more to it. But nevertheless, wouldn't it still make more sense to do the apprehending closer to Syria?

  15. #15
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,136

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Ah, ok, I thought there had to be more to it. But nevertheless, wouldn't it still make more sense to do the apprehending closer to Syria?
    With hindsight...probably!! But maybe it had to be done there because of proximity to land, British territorial waters etc, although I don't know that far a fact, just guessing.

  16. #16

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    To be fair the only thing British is the bloody flag the ship is Swedish , crew Russians latvians, oooh Russia is quiet ??

  17. #17

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Britain had no right to seize the Iranian tanker. It was another illegal act and more toadying to the Yanks, and we all know whose orders they follow. That's the country their politicians and corporate media never criticise.

  18. #18

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Britain had no right to seize the Iranian tanker. It was another illegal act and more toadying to the Yanks, and we all know whose orders they follow. That's the country their politicians and corporate media never criticise.
    yeh bugger sanctions , lets have a war

  19. #19

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    September 28 and October 28 are the fave dates for an Iran kick-off as they are those month's new moons. Iran's being strangled economically all supposedly because they seek a nuke or two and all while everyone pretends there's soft fluffy toys at Dimona that nobody needs to have a gander at.

  20. #20
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,136

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Britain had no right to seize the Iranian tanker. It was another illegal act and more toadying to the Yanks, and we all know whose orders they follow. That's the country their politicians and corporate media never criticise.
    Nothing to do with the yanks. It was deemed to be attempting to breach EU sanctions prevent oil being delivered to Syria .
    We are members the EU and I believe were supporting Spain in the action

  21. #21

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Nothing to do with the yanks. It was deemed to be attempting to breach EU sanctions prevent oil being delivered to Syria .
    We are members the EU and I believe were supporting Spain in the action
    EU sanctions doesn't trump international law. Strait of Gibraltar is an international maritime route; UK had no business hijacking the vessel. They did so to please the Yanks. Tanker detained by Gibraltar on U.S. request to Britain, Spain says: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mi...-idUKKCN1TZ0ZJ

    The Iranian tit for tat measures are justified because retaliation against illegal acts are permissible under international law. (Yes, those same international laws the UK keep ignoring.)

  22. #22

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Nothing to do with the yanks. It was deemed to be attempting to breach EU sanctions prevent oil being delivered to Syria .
    We are members the EU and I believe were supporting Spain in the action
    Stop it ,its the evil West v the good old Iranians, bloody saints all of them ,were so more in tune with Iran , why would we side with our own .

  23. #23

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    EU sanctioning one non-EU country for trading with another non-EU country. Spain not prepared to pirate Iran's ship so the Yanks gave London a bell knowing it'll comply with being a useful idiot. Iran retaliates, as it had to, Britain stamps its feet like a chastened 10-year-old. Johnson may be daft enough to do a Jimmy Carter by sending in the SAS or SBS to try and liberate a vessel that has no British crew.

  24. #24

    Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    EU sanctioning one non-EU country for trading with another non-EU country. Spain not prepared to pirate Iran's ship so the Yanks gave London a bell knowing it'll comply with being a useful idiot. Iran retaliates, as it had to, Britain stamps its feet like a chastened 10-year-old. Johnson may be daft enough to do a Jimmy Carter by sending in the SAS or SBS to try and liberate a vessel that has no British crew.
    I'd save a load of dosh and strip the ship of its British flag for being so naughty and sink the one held in Gibraltar , job done ,why wasn't I considered for the Defense Secretary role , Is it because I'm useless with comma's , and double spacing after full stops ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •