+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

- Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said he is "extremely concerned" by the seizure of two tankers by Iran.

One is British-flagged while the other is Liberian-flagged but British owned. -

More: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49053383

Re: Iran seizes two UK tankers in Strait of Hormuz

Thank **** they did this, now we can start dropping a shit ton of bombs on some innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Thank **** they did this, now we can start dropping a shit ton of bombs on some innocent people.
    If the UK government turn to Trump to help, then heaven help us. IMO it was a huge mistake to intercept that Iranian tanker, giving the Iranians the perfect excuse to do what they have done. When I say a mistake I mean why on earth was it intercepted near Gibraltar rather than a few miles off Syria? Surely if you can (and you have a tip off) you arrest a burglar at the point of breaking and entering, not a few hundred miles away from his intended target? I presume there was enough evidence that the tanker was heading to Syria although it seems odd to me that a tanker from Iran goes all the way to Gibraltar first and then back to Syria - maybe I have missed something on the news.

Pity they sacked the armed forces and spent the money on transgender awareness really.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Pity they sacked the armed forces and spent the money on transgender awareness really.
    Is it that hard to remain rational?

THAT MADE ME GIGGLE

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    THAT MADE ME GIGGLE
    At least you can be In our army as a LBGT person
    Be gay
    Sing as a solo ladies artist
    Demonstrate
    Not get stoned too death

International

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    If the UK government turn to Trump to help, then heaven help us. IMO it was a huge mistake to intercept that Iranian tanker, giving the Iranians the perfect excuse to do what they have done. When I say a mistake I mean why on earth was it intercepted near Gibraltar rather than a few miles off Syria? Surely if you can (and you have a tip off) you arrest a burglar at the point of breaking and entering, not a few hundred miles away from his intended target? I presume there was enough evidence that the tanker was heading to Syria although it seems odd to me that a tanker from Iran goes all the way to Gibraltar first and then back to Syria - maybe I have missed something on the news.
    The reason it went the long way round and not through the canal was to try to hide its final destination, making a couple of pointless stops on the way. That is what made people suspicious.

American troops to Saudi

Don’t think it’s irrational to mention that we’ve let our forces ( and police) dwindle to a point where we can’t defend our interests abroad or at home . It’s kind of limited our options in dealing with this situation hasn’t it ?

Don’t think it’s irrational to mention that we’ve let our forces ( and police) dwindle to a point where we can’t defend our interests abroad or at home . It’s kind of limited our options in dealing with this situation hasn’t it ?
    It's all high tec now drones,missiles, hacking, and trade sanctions, freezing assets, and stop the shipment of fags .

Except you didn't say that did you.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The reason it went the long way round and not through the canal was to try to hide its final destination, making a couple of pointless stops on the way. That is what made people suspicious.
    Ah, ok, I thought there had to be more to it. But nevertheless, wouldn't it still make more sense to do the apprehending closer to Syria?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Ah, ok, I thought there had to be more to it. But nevertheless, wouldn't it still make more sense to do the apprehending closer to Syria?
    With hindsight...probably!! But maybe it had to be done there because of proximity to land, British territorial waters etc, although I don't know that far a fact, just guessing.

To be fair the only thing British is the bloody flag the ship is Swedish , crew Russians latvians, oooh Russia is quiet ??

Britain had no right to seize the Iranian tanker. It was another illegal act and more toadying to the Yanks, and we all know whose orders they follow. That's the country their politicians and corporate media never criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Britain had no right to seize the Iranian tanker. It was another illegal act and more toadying to the Yanks, and we all know whose orders they follow. That's the country their politicians and corporate media never criticise.
    yeh bugger sanctions , lets have a war

September 28 and October 28 are the fave dates for an Iran kick-off as they are those month's new moons. Iran's being strangled economically all supposedly because they seek a nuke or two and all while everyone pretends there's soft fluffy toys at Dimona that nobody needs to have a gander at.

International

Nothing to do with the yanks. It was deemed to be attempting to breach EU sanctions prevent oil being delivered to Syria .
    We are members the EU and I believe were supporting Spain in the action

Nothing to do with the yanks. It was deemed to be attempting to breach EU sanctions prevent oil being delivered to Syria .
    EU sanctions doesn't trump international law. Strait of Gibraltar is an international maritime route; UK had no business hijacking the vessel. They did so to please the Yanks. Tanker detained by Gibraltar on U.S. request to Britain, Spain says: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mi...-idUKKCN1TZ0ZJ

The Iranian tit for tat measures are justified because retaliation against illegal acts are permissible under international law. (Yes, those same international laws the UK keep ignoring.)

Stop it ,its the evil West v the good old Iranians, bloody saints all of them ,were so more in tune with Iran , why would we side with our own .

EU sanctioning one non-EU country for trading with another non-EU country. Spain not prepared to pirate Iran's ship so the Yanks gave London a bell knowing it'll comply with being a useful idiot. Iran retaliates, as it had to, Britain stamps its feet like a chastened 10-year-old. Johnson may be daft enough to do a Jimmy Carter by sending in the SAS or SBS to try and liberate a vessel that has no British crew.

EU sanctioning one non-EU country for trading with another non-EU country. Spain not prepared to pirate Iran's ship so the Yanks gave London a bell knowing it'll comply with being a useful idiot. Iran retaliates, as it had to, Britain stamps its feet like a chastened 10-year-old. Johnson may be daft enough to do a Jimmy Carter by sending in the SAS or SBS to try and liberate a vessel that has no British crew.
    I'd save a load of dosh and strip the ship of its British flag for being so naughty and sink the one held in Gibraltar , job done ,why wasn't I considered for the Defense Secretary role , Is it because I'm useless with comma's , and double spacing after full stops ?