+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit and trade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit and trade

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    A marketplace of 66 million comparitvely wealthy people with an economy which by necessity is going to expand is an attractive target for anyone, and a big loss to the EU.
    Without the EU we managed to create the industrial revolution , gain an empire which covered 1/3 of the Globe and remained one of the three super powers within my memory. We really need not doubt our ability to function independently.

Now , I address this subject reluctantly because I think all the arguments have been made to a point where it's unlikely that anyone is going to change their minds. Sadly it seems that it cannot be settled by voting since the minority refuse to accept the democratic outcome, and very sadly we know where that leads historically.

As far as your proposition goes, it's rather like discussing the outcome of a football match. We all love to do it and we all have our views, but in the end the outcome will be determined by what happens during the game and our predictions will count for nothing .

Can we , as a nation, go out into the world and compete without German supervision ?

I'm certain that we can, just as you seem certain that we cannot and we won't know till we try. Before that though, we must settle the question of whether the British People , who have voted for Home Rule and independence will be allowed to have their democratically expressed wish, and how much strife there will be before that is permitted.
    So nothing about the post I actually made then? Sounds normal W-B.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Been on the pop again EtHaB?

Is this wretched demi bee, who doesn't like democracy, a freak from some menagerie ?

It's got everything to do with what you posted. Specifically you mentioned Weatherspoons I think, but my reply covered the wider view, that's all.

I know you mean well and you probably think remain would be best - it's just a matter of judgement really.

Unfortunately of course, we must consider how wide of the mark you are on the Wales Bales thing in weighing your ability to make judgements mustn't we ?

Think of it like this, W-B and Ronnie B must -ipso facto - half NOT be....... You see ?

It's got everything to do with what you posted. Specifically you mentioned Weatherspoons I think, but my reply covered the wider view, that's all.

I know you mean well and you probably think remain would be best - it's just a matter of judgement really.

Unfortunately of course, we must consider how wide of the mark you are on the Wales Bales thing in weighing your ability to make judgements mustn't we ?

Think of it like this, W-B and Ronnie B must -ipso facto - half NOT be....... You see ?
    There's only two posters on here who know for certain whether you and Wales Bales are the same person, but most sane, "normal" people would conclude when reading a post in the name of Wales Bales that reads like it was posted by you that you are. That's the evidence that brought about these claims and so, in a matter which, let's face it, is not very important in the grand scheme of things, when it comes to cock up v conspiracy, people, hardly surprisingly, opt for a pretty funny versio of the former.

Aha! Poor, deluded fools that they are, they have fallen into your trap! According to the one or two of you, the whole thing is some sort of experiment designed to prove how gullible people are when faced with a subtle ploy laid by the master puppeteer (at least that's how he sees himself) that is Wales Bales, while you, who, as a great conjurer would say, have never met this man in my life, are perfectly happy to be his stooge.

Those are the two possibilities then - seems to me that either one of them amount to distinctly odd behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's only two posters on here who know for certain whether you and Wales Bales are the same person, but most sane, "normal" people would conclude when reading a post in the name of Wales Bales that reads like it was posted by you that you are. That's the evidence that brought about these claims and so, in a matter which, let's face it, is not very important in the grand scheme of things, when it comes to cock up v conspiracy, people, hardly surprisingly, opt for a pretty funny versio of the former.

Aha! Poor, deluded fools that they are, they have fallen into your trap! According to the one or two of you, the whole thing is some sort of experiment designed to prove how gullible people are when faced with a subtle ploy laid by the master puppeteer (at least that's how he sees himself) that is Wales Bales, while you, who, as a great conjurer would say, have never met this man in my life, are perfectly happy to be his stooge.

Those are the two possibilities then - seems to me that either one of them amount to distinctly odd behaviour.

Ah, but it's not fair to accuse me of anything in all this .

Yes I can see that Wales Bales is a bit more intelligent than his adversaries and so I can work out by reading the posts that he's taken their rather stupid conclusions and led them on - giving then the rope to hang themselves as we used to say.

I've done nothing to encourage any of this except unwittingly express opinions which are apparently similar to his, and do so in a similar language and style . I've posted an app which anyone could use to establish whether I'm Wales Bales, and in fact I've pm'd the moderator asking that he check and post the result . I can do no more, and I've never taken any part in any " schemes" or acted as anyone's " stooge".

I've no idea who Wales Bales is, but perhaps he is the product of a similar education or background to me. Such commonalities sometimes result in similar styles and even similar views.

I wonder whether you'd be kind enough, then, to withdraw your statement that I have taken part in " distinctly odd behaviour ", or explain why ANY of this is my fault.

Ah, but it's not fair to accuse me of anything in all this .

Yes I can see that Wales Bales is a bit more intelligent than his adversaries and so I can work out by reading the posts that he's taken their rather stupid conclusions and led them on - giving then the rope to hang themselves as we used to say.

I've done nothing to encourage any of this except unwittingly express opinions which are apparently similar to his, and do so in a similar language and style . I've posted an app which anyone could use to establish whether I'm Wales Bales, and in fact I've pm'd the moderator asking that he check and post the result . I can do no more, and I've never taken any part in any " schemes" or acted as anyone's " stooge".

I've no idea who Wales Bales is, but perhaps he is the product of a similar education or background to me. Such commonalities sometimes result in similar styles and even similar views.

I wonder whether you'd be kind enough, then, to withdraw your statement that I have taken part in " distinctly odd behaviour ", or explain why ANY of this is my fault.
    All I'll say about that lot is that if I was a new poster on a site and, within a day or two of me starting to post someone had posted something like Wales Bales did, I would be asking what on earth is going on, not praising the person who used my name in vain for being so clever. As I say, distinctly odd behaviour by Wales Bales either way (but I've become used to that) and distinctly odd behaviour by you if you really aren't him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All I'll say about that lot is that if I was a new poster on a site and, within a day or two of me starting to post someone had posted something like Wales Bales did, I would be asking what on earth is going on, not praising the person who used my name in vain for being so clever. As I say, distinctly odd behaviour by Wales Bales either way (but I've become used to that) and distinctly odd behaviour by you if you really aren't him.
    duck.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Okay.... And may we regard this as a test of your judgement in other matters you might comment upon from time to time ?

No it didn't. It was just vague, irrelevant waffle about the British empire then drivel about democracy and acceptance that people have different views.

However, mine aren't views. Wetherspoon's ability to buy cheaper goods from outside the EU is as a result of EU membership. That's not a view. That's fact. You seem confident the UK can get better deals than the EU. Economists, educated people in these fields and many politicians don't share that confidence. Yours seems to be built on the former building of the British empire, which was built up by force, attacking other countries, genecide and terror. Those days are gone. Thankfully.

Last question - what can the UK offer to other countries that would give them better deals with those countries than we currently have through EU membership? Specifics would give this answer credibility, but they will be fact checked. Over to you.

No it didn't. It was just vague, irrelevant waffle about the British empire then drivel about democracy and acceptance that people have different views.

However, mine aren't views. Wetherspoon's ability to buy cheaper goods from outside the EU is as a result of EU membership. That's not a view. That's fact. You seem confident the UK can get better deals than the EU. Economists, educated people in these fields and many politicians don't share that confidence. Yours seems to be built on the former building of the British empire, which was built up by force, attacking other countries, genecide and terror. Those days are gone. Thankfully.

Last question - what can the UK offer to other countries that would give them better deals with those countries than we currently have through EU membership? Specifics would give this answer credibility, but they will be fact checked. Over to you.

Ignoring all the silly abusive crap, I'll answer the question briefly.
    Language, cultural and colonial links , less red tape and regulation and perhaps tax inducements. The ability to offer such inducements without EU approval.
    Case in point would be, as I mentioned before, Jamaican bananas which are cheaper and of higher quality but effectively banned because the EU have agreed to instead import crappy South and Central American bananas via Germany thus closing down a big South Wales industry and crapping on the heads of a former colony which has had its own economy wrecked by the EU too. In turn perhaps they'd return to importing UK goods instead of American one's and there's be a small but helpful market.
    I could give 100 examples of a similar nature where we could and would benefit from putting British interests first, rather than what the EU bureaucracy considers most beneficial to their project to create a superstate there.