+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 7 day passport service

7 day passport service

Anyone used this service before? How quickly did the new passport arrive?

Its for my daughters first passport.... realised today, heading to france on the ferry next friday. Appointment booked for Sunday in bloody London.... praying I'll get it back before the 7 day window!

:(

Re: 7 day passport service

They’re pretty rapid when they want to be ��

International

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post

Its for my daughters first passport.... realised today, heading to france on the ferry next friday. Appointment booked for Sunday in bloody London.... praying I'll get it back before the 7 day window!

From my experience you'd be better off going to Peterborough. Easy to get to, great staff, no queues and a fast and efficient service.
    When I had a serious problem with mine and London wouldn't let me get an immediate replacement i went to Peterborough and they did it in about 3 hours. Well worth the couple of quid train fair from Kings Cross and none of th stress of the London office.
    If your life allows you could probably get an appointment earlier there too. Why not give them a call?

As for the 7 day thing, if you're in in time it is guaranteed, and if it doesn't turn up on the 7th day they will issue you one direct. But watch out for weekends.

International

Wouldn't it be quicker and easier for her just to get an ID card? She does HAVE to have a passport for France.

I did look at Peterborough but the earliest they could see me was Wednesday! Newport was Tuesday.... I'm just going to pray to any god that will listen!
    When I called the helpline yesterday I was told that nothing can be changed now as my appointment is within 2 days.
    What a bloody stress....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Wouldn't it be quicker and easier for her just to get an ID card? She does HAVE to have a passport for France.
    The passport office couldn't tell me... they told me to contact the French authorities and Brittany ferries told me to contact the passport office but they also said they always ask for a passport!

I did look at Peterborough but the earliest they could see me was Wednesday! Newport was Tuesday.... I'm just going to pray to any god that will listen!
    When I called the helpline yesterday I was told that nothing can be changed now as my appointment is within 2 days.
    What a bloody stress....
    I did it at Newport and it came before the 7 days. From memory, it took 2 or 3 days so was very impressed. I think it can depend on the time of year though as peak holiday season may slow things down a bit.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I know this isn’t very helpful but On the way to play golf in France. One of the guys had forgotten his passport. All he had on him by way of ID was his membership of Blackwood golf club. The ferry people accepted that and we went (and came back) without a problem
    PS I don’t know how quickly Blackwood golf club can get a membership card sorry

The point is they (the ferry people) can be very flexible and helpful if they are inclined

International

I thought you could get an ID Card in a post office that has the photo machine like in the old central PO in Queens arcade. (Now is WH Smiths)

so it now longer you go itnt summer period tougher its gets cant you still go to Newport passport office to pick up, not sure if this exist still

https://www.britishpassportservices....rt-office.html

"""With the Premium service you turn up in person at a Passport Office in London, Liverpool, Peterborough, Durham, Newport, Glasgow or Belfast. ... You can pick up a form at the Passport Office, but to save time on the day get one from a branch of the Post Office and fill it in beforehand""

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I know this isn’t very helpful but On the way to play golf in France. One of the guys had forgotten his passport. All he had on him by way of ID was his membership of Blackwood golf club. The ferry people accepted that and we went (and came back) without a problem
    PS I don’t know how quickly Blackwood golf club can get a membership card sorry

The point is they (the ferry people) can be very flexible and helpful if they are inclined
    This will be equally unhelpful - but in September 2017 we were doing the Anglesey coastal walk and used our free day for a day trip to Dublin (from Holyhead - £5 each return!). We realised that morning that we'd both forgotten our passports, but I went there and back using a driving licence as ID, and my partner used a gas bill she found on her phone. No problem with the ferries or the Guarda at the other end (they laughed and waved us through). The only temporary difficulty was trying to get back into the UK on a gas bill - the border and customs staff were armed and keen on our return at 1.00 am (and at least 4 times as many as on the Irish side, and with dogs), and looking for drugs, weapons and people traffickers.

Thanks for the replies... fingers crossed we will get it before we travel.

I wonder if Blackwood golf club will accept my 1 year old as a member..... ;)

Tell ‘em he plays mini golf👍

Don't tell them you like a decent walk , without being knocked out by some fancy dandy dressed chap , with a big stick , little balls and a butler