Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
This is beginning to shape up like last season where we played Bamba in midfield and Decordova-Reid as a lone striker at Bournemouth because of our lack of squad depth. At the moment, we have lost important members of last season's squad and is anyone optimistic that the four players signed so far are an improvement on the people they were brought in to replace? Day is better than Murphy I would hope, but Smithies is seemingly on his way out as well.
Lots can happen in 7 days but I think we can all agree that we would have preferred Cardiff to have confirmed crucial signings well before the deadline date.

As I stated previously this was a concern of mine with Warnock staying. Yes Cardiff have kept a well liked manager at the club with a proven record at this level. But this is also a manager who has verbally confirmed that this is likely to be his last campaign. Hard to secure signing players if they are not aware which direction the club is heading down the road.

With that in mind I think Cardiff are pinning their hopes on securing 2-3 loan signings. At least then, that player will not have a concern of where their place is at Cardiff City in 12 months time.