+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signings

Re: Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    We need some quality in the middle not just work horses.

I suggest teams will better defend against the Warnock way than 2 seasons ago. We’ll struggle to score.

I hope I’m wrong.
    However lets not forget our last promotion was built on , guile , effort , togetherness ,long throws ,corners , and toughening it out

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I see no problems with this squad. Front line is great. Defence looks good. Keepers, nice. Midfields - sufficient. With one or two additions we'll spank this league.
    I'll start from where we are weakest and work my way down.

Cardiff are currently reliant on strikers who whilst at the club are yet to have shown any consistent quality. Before his sale, Zohore was the only player to have a purple patch of goalscoring form in a City shirt. And now the selection available to Warnock, needs to start firing.

As for the midfield, compared to players who played the full championship promotion season Cardiff are missing Gunnarsson, Harris, Bryson and Pilkington. Additionally Cardiff also secured Grujić, Jamie Ward, Wildschut and Feeney on half season loans.
    At this stage the new additions are Reid, Murphy, Bacuna and Vaulks. So you can consider Cardiff having Reid replacing Pilkington, Murphy replacing Harris, Vaulks replacing Bryson and Bacuna replacing Gunnarson. So there is justification to suggest that the midfield has overall improved (not saying Bacuna is better than Gunnars). However there is the nagging doubt of central midfield, I don't believe anyone is star struck by Bacuna, but there is optimism with regards to how Vaulks will perform in a City shirt.

As for defence, versatility has been lost with the departure of Manga. But the obvious position that everyone would like to see addressed is right back. Peltier is a seasoned professional but not quality, and Richards is sadly injury prone so offers little competition for that position. The only other option seemingly at the moment is Coxe, but it's not clear what chances he will get to make a mark in the first team.

And we can all agree that the situation between the sticks at Cardiff is fine.

In my opinion Cardiff are 3 signings away from having a really strong competitive squad this season. A striker to lead the line, a box to box midfielder and a right back.

[QUOTE=dml1954;4989852]we went up on the cheap, got relegated on the cheap. Do you really think lightening can strike twice with this squad, not a chance.

is Bacuna a right back or midfielder? If a decent champoinship midfileder was available then thats where i would spend my money. Right back is covered with Peltier, Richards, and Coxe. Bacuna and Paterson can also play there if needed. Centre mid we got Vaulks and Ralls.

Only a week or so to go and by 2pm on a Friday I'd expect at least a few leaks if we were in negotiations with any big signings.
    It's looking a bit as though the best hope is a couple of loans , which as we know tend to be last minute stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Cmon, spill the beans

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Give us something mate. It’s torture how boring this pre season has been!

striker nqai

Shit owner. Shit manager and shit club.. This should be textbook.. Keep the strong core and invest in talent.. But no..