+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: STRIKERS

STRIKERS

Who would you like then that could be a possibility!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...saison_id/2018

Re: STRIKERS

I'd love to see us bid for Jarrod Bowen who is a good player.

I like both Maupay and Ollie Watkins but Watkins may be similar to some of the forwards we have.

Looking at the list I was surprised to see how young some of the established scorers are.

Kodja would be a good safe bet but I wouldn't mind us raiding Leeds for a player or two but as always with us, our system is becoming a bit isolated so we don't know if a player can look good for another club then struggle in our system with our managers demands. (See Bobby Reid)

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Kodjia

I’d be happy with that, or Gayle - but that one may be a long shot

Kodjia would be a good signing, Villa could be looking to sell as he is in the last year of his contract.

I remember Cardiff being linked with him last season and the same summer window he signed for the Wurzels.

Kodjia has become almost a winger in the last couple of seasons at Villa, we need someone to play down the middle for us and I'm a bit concerned his relative lack of goals during that time may mean that he'd just be another eight to ten goals man for us - I'd still say he'd be an improvement on what we've got though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I’d be happy with that, or Gayle - but that one may be a long shot
    Oooh Gayle.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Kodjia has become almost a winger in the last couple of seasons at Villa, we need someone to play down the middle for us and I'm a bit concerned his relative lack of goals during that time may mean that he'd just be another eight to ten goals man for us - I'd still say he'd be an improvement on what we've got though.
    Yes, that seemed strange, he also only started 22, so his scoring rate wasn’t that bad, but the season before he only played the start and end as he was badly injured .

Still think from what I’ve seen of him he can do a job for us

Bogle is going to be on fire this season I’ve heard...scored a good goal for us the other day. We could do with a helgerson type warrior who will bang in crucial goals now and then. With bobby, Mendez on fire bogle and Murphy we are going to rip it up man

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bogle is going to be on fire this season I’ve heard...scored a good goal for us the other day. We could do with a helgerson type warrior who will bang in crucial goals now and then. With bobby, Mendez on fire bogle and Murphy we are going to rip it up man
    And he's just scored again tonight against Valladolid. Didn't see it but WOL says he nicely tucked away a great ball from Cunningham.

I think that makes his goals per minute as a Bluebird very good indeed. Clearly needs to be given a chance, from the little I saw of him when he arrived it looked like he had all the attributes to make a go if it, no idea why Warnock turned against him, surely it can't just have been his rashness in the gamer against the Wurzels.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    And he's just scored again tonight against Valladolid. Didn't see it but WOL says he nicely tucked away a great ball from Cunningham.

I think that makes his goals per minute as a Bluebird very good indeed. Clearly needs to be given a chance, from the little I saw of him when he arrived it looked like he had all the attributes to make a go if it, no idea why Warnock turned against him, surely it can't just have been his rashness in the gamer against the Wurzels.
    IIRC he was given another chance after Bristol C, but was then dumped after dodging training

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

From the reports it appears he's doing well in pre season. And his half season spell at Portsmouth was a success with 5 goals from 12 appearances.

Would be great to see one of the existing bunch come good. But I still feel there needs to be the introduction of someone proven and consistent to help lead the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    IIRC he was given another chance after Bristol C, but was then dumped after dodging training
    He also wasn't good enough to get in the Portsmouth side at the back end of last season and yet he's probably a starter in our manager's strongest team at the moment - if anything underlines the need for at least one striker coming in before the window closes, it's this.

He also wasn't good enough to get in the Portsmouth side at the back end of last season and yet he's probably a starter in our manager's strongest team at the moment - if anything underlines the need for at least one striker coming in before the window closes, it's this.
    I also seem to recall that NW thought he had an “attitude” which was one of the reasons he was shifted out. NW doesn’t seem to be a very forgiving person so unless Bogle as changed radically It is difficult to see him as a first choice

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Who would you like then that could be a possibility!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...saison_id/2018
    I’d go for Niasse

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’d go for Niasse
    Thats a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Thats a joke right?
    Have people forgotten the rave reviews he was getting after his first 5 games for us??

He’d be a great Championship striker IMO.

He won’t come because he’s out of our league!

Niasse was a joke character in the Premier League. Great movement but froze in front of goal. However he might be OK in the Championship as his past record shows he can score but his wages would probably prevent us from signing him.

Bogle is nowhere near first choice - wouldn't read anything into the fact that he started a game on a plastic pitch in Canada.

Id rather give Bogle an opportunity than bring Niasse back.
    Im sure Warnock has someone lined up
    Was worried it may be Austin.
    Id take him over Niasse though.
    I think Hugill is available and probably in our price range.