Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Eammon Brophy being linked

  1. #1

    Eammon Brophy being linked

    I’ve done a bit of research

    He’s a Kilmarnock striker

    £1m bid

    Age 23

    About 5 ft 10 ish

    11 goals in 29 last season- however 6 were from the spot


    Hopefully ‘one for the future’, rather than the guy who we are going to rely on for the goals to send us up

  2. #2

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    doesnt fill me with hope.

  3. #3

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Link

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nn-Brophy.html


    Mailonline seem to get the inside track on our transfers too

  4. #4

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Did this guy terrorize the Conners Quay defence the other day.

  5. #5

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Fills me with despair to be honest! Goals win games! C'mon Neil pull your finger out. Killie were knocked out by Connah's Quay Nomads in the week, was he in their team?

  6. #6

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I’ve done a bit of research

    He’s a Kilmarnock striker

    £1m bid

    Age 23

    About 5 ft 10 ish

    11 goals in 29 last season- however 6 were from the spot


    Hopefully ‘one for the future’, rather than the guy who we are going to rely on for the goals to send us up
    Hey ,he might win us a Brophy or two ?

  7. #7

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Did this guy terrorize the Conners Quay defence the other day.


    Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw Kilmarnock.
    Didn't they finish third in the Scottish prem last season and got beat by a bunch of Welsh part-timers?
    That league really is a joke.

    No thanks! There must be better strikers closer to home Shirley? Even in the Welsh league.

  8. #8

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Fills me with despair to be honest! Goals win games! C'mon Neil pull your finger out. Killie were knocked out by Connah's Quay Nomads in the week, was he in their team?
    Played in both legs, scored a pen in first.

  9. #9

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Played in both legs, scored a pen in first.
    Wouldn’t write him off just because of that game.

    Kilmarnock did well last season under Clarke who’s gone on to manage Scotland.

    We’ve had a few decent players from up there.

  10. #10

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Wouldn’t write him off just because of that game.

    Kilmarnock did well last season under Clarke who’s gone on to manage Scotland.

    We’ve had a few decent players from up there.

    I agree actually,just couldn't resist the dig.

  11. #11

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Wouldn’t write him off just because of that game.

    Kilmarnock did well last season under Clarke who’s gone on to manage Scotland.

    We’ve had a few decent players from up there.
    I really hope I'm wrong, but he appears to be another Rhys Healey? We really, really need a first class striker to fire us out of this division! Surely if he was any good Rangers or Celtic would be sniffing around?

  12. #12

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post


    Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw Kilmarnock.
    Didn't they finish third in the Scottish prem last season and got beat by a bunch of Welsh part-timers?
    That league really is a joke.

    No thanks! There must be better strikers closer to home Shirley? Even in the Welsh league.
    How many players have to go from the WPL to League Two or higher before we stop saying "Even the Welsh League"? The Nomads won on merit over the two legs against last year's third best SPL team and not because the SPL "is a joke" either.

  13. #13

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    At 23 I’d expect more than just ‘one for the future’

  14. #14

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I’ve done a bit of research

    He’s a Kilmarnock striker

    £1m bid

    Age 23

    About 5 ft 10 ish

    11 goals in 29 last season- however 6 were from the spot


    Hopefully ‘one for the future’, rather than the guy who we are going to rely on for the goals to send us up
    23, easily the “young player of the year” next season

  15. #15

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How many players have to go from the WPL to League Two or higher before we stop saying "Even the Welsh League"? The Nomads won on merit over the two legs against last year's third best SPL team and not because the SPL "is a joke" either.
    Well. That's told me!!

  16. #16

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well. That's told me!!
    https://steeplejackview.blogspot.com/

    Other nations are giving respect (starting to give respect) to the WPL. Why not us as well?

  17. #17

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I really hope I'm wrong, but he appears to be another Rhys Healey? We really, really need a first class striker to fire us out of this division! Surely if he was any good Rangers or Celtic would be sniffing around?
    Looks like they already are https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/0...get-eamonn-br/

    Rangers, Leeds & Derby according to this

  18. #18

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looks like they already are https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/0...get-eamonn-br/

    Rangers, Leeds & Derby according to this
    The fact that other clubs are sniffing around him, does fill me with more confidence:

    We do though, really need an experienced striker at this level to get us the goals to get us out of this division. It's going to take a lot more than Vaulks aiming his throw ins at Flint's bonce, and hoping he scores

  19. #19

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    He would be a replacment for Healey you would presume.

    We will spend the Zohore money and then some.

  20. #20
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,134

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    He would be a replacment for Healey you would presume.

    We will spend the Zohore money and then some.
    Well the incoming money is presumable in addition to the reported 25 million initially available. I don't know how much of that initial amount is left but if you add the sales on there must be a fair amount still available for a striker, even if Vinny has to reach a little further into his pocket to secure one.

  21. #21

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Well the incoming money is presumable in addition to the reported 25 million initially available. I don't know how much of that initial amount is left but if you add the sales on there must be a fair amount still available for a striker, even if Vinny has to reach a little further into his pocket to secure one.
    I think it was initially reported that there was £15m available and even then it was WOL guesswork

  22. #22

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    He would be a replacment for Healey you would presume.

    We will spend the Zohore money and then some.
    Like your confidence

  23. #23
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,134

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think it was initially reported that there was £15m available and even then it was WOL guesswork
    I seem to recall only in the last week or two the 25 Mill figure being used by someone in the club. don't know if it was NW or someone else. If it is true and we add the sales money then we should have enough to find some kind of a striker. (or maybe half of one)

  24. #24

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://steeplejackview.blogspot.com/

    Other nations are giving respect (starting to give respect) to the WPL. Why not us as well?


    The majority of players in the Welsh league teams are part timers with jobs and one of those teams beat a side who finished third in the top tier of the Scottish league, players who play football day in day out.

    It's not a case of me disrespecting the Welsh league at all, I am asking why we seem intent on going north of the border recruiting players who are playing at a "poor" level week in week out.
    It seems asking a lot for them to make the step up to championship level and if we were going down that route, have a look closer to home.

  25. #25

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Wiki has him down as only 5’9”. A Warnock striker ?

  26. #26

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Every single report I see says something new about his unsuitability. It's a pity because he's a really good little player, but I don't think he's a fit for us. He seems overall like a lower quality Bobby Reid , and if we want a small poaching style prolific striker, we've already got one of the best in Bobby.
    It's frustrating that we don't use Bobby Reid properly, although I understand why, so unless we're going to change our shape I can't see that we need a similar player.

  27. #27

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    There are reports bouncing around all over the place ( albeit the usual WO quoting someone then someone else quoting them and WO re quoting them etc) that we're on the verge of signing this guy, but he's no use to us at all as far as I can see. I hope it's baseless

  28. #28

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index...id-for-brophy/

    Scroll down to the poster "jimrv" ...it sounds a bit familiar with some of our past and current strikers.

  29. #29

    Re: Eammon Brophy being linked

    Conner's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •