+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The island of Ireland

The island of Ireland

Vomitsville

It's Northern Ireland. Part of a totally different country than Ireland.

Comments.

Re: The island of Ireland

Never visited Northern Ireland but been to the ROI. Had a brilliant time in Dublin and I’m off to Cork in December.

The best country in the world 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

It's probably the most beautiful. I will conceed that. The island of Ireland. 😂

There is an island of Ireland, whether there were 1, 2 or 100 countries present on it

The North of Ireland.

There's only one Island and it's called Ireland, Belfast is a great city to visit , as is Dublin and Cork

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    It's probably the most beautiful. I will conceed that. The island of Ireland. 😂
    Think you’ve had a ‘mare tbh.

I've no idea what this thread is about or what people are trying to say .

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Really

This is a great video that explain the geography side of the UK. He also does a wonderful one on The Netherlands. https://youtu.be/rNu8XDBSn10

Bin to the norf and to the souf, not my type of place either of them, wouldn't go back unless for a specific reason work etc. I'd rather have a weekend in Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    This is a great video that explain the geography side of the UK. He also does a wonderful one on The Netherlands. https://youtu.be/rNu8XDBSn10
    Very good

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Is it bollocks. Overpriced, lower quality version of mid Wales.

I'm from Cardiff, living in Dublin these umpteen years. I really like it there.

And obviously, yes, there is an island called Ireland (which even the most delusional Brexiteer surely would struggle to deny). Moreover, although NI and ROI have different identities, there certainly is a sense of Irishness shared by people in the whole island. And of course there is a lot of trade between the 2 parts & a lot of people living on one side of the border & working on the other. So a hard border would be painful for people on both sides (remember, Northern Ireland voted to remain in 2016), and that's without starting to discuss the men with guns.

OP, what was your point again? Trolling?

Visited the southern part of the country a number of times and really enjoyed myself. Talking to a chap from Belfast in a Dublin pub and was persuaded to visit the Province.

It wasn't an enjoyable experience, on a number of occasions I was made to feel not welcome. Can only think they didn't like my 'English' accent. I'm a valley boy BTW.

Never been but plan to go one day, possible in my campervan around the coast. Probably give the cities a miss

Vomitsville

Comments.
    What about The Free State and The Occupied North? Does that work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I've no idea what this thread is about or what people are trying to say .
    It's about a British Imperialist who doesn't even live in Britain maintaining the right of an occupying state.

Vomitsville

Comments.
    It will soon be part of a united Ireland, and you wont have long to wait. Changing Demographics will see to that, culturally a rock cake majority will identify more with republican Euro friendly Dublin than the UK..."A totally different country" what bollocks.

Makes sense to make it united again, all that church guff is a bit old hat these days anyway isn’t it? They are all just Irish to most folk anyway.....

Vomitsville

Comments.
    Are you totally retarded? A completely different different country? Ffs you lot can't even claim Wales as a country, you're a principality that most of you identify more with England. Talk about an inferiority complex.
    You made a semi final and for a short while half of you gave up following England.
    You can only dream of being a country.
    In reality you spend half of your time telling each other why you aren't capable of managing yourselves.
    Grow a pair of balls like the Scots .

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Are you totally retarded? A completely different different country? Ffs you lot can't even claim Wales as a country, you're a principality that most of you identify more with England. Talk about an inferiority complex.
    You made a semi final and for a short while half of you gave up following England.
    In reality you spend half of your time telling each other why you aren't capable of managing yourselves.
    Wrong.

How come you, someone who doesn't seem to particularly like the Welsh, have over 1,500 posts on the messageboard of a Welsh football club?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Hard to ague with that, Brexit voting Principality valley boy unionists make me sick.

Welsh not British