Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Don’t read too much into friendlies. Especially against sides so far away that we know not about and games played in 40 degree heat

All about minutes and giving players a run.

Lovely move for our goal, Ralls’ pass took 2 defenders out- lovely bit of skill, then nice cross from Cunningham and tremendous desire from Bogle to win the header.

Nice to see the likes of Coxe and Damour get game time.

Waite and Bolger also came on.

Day the penalty hero

My only worry is that we may have undercooked it a bit and could have had an extra friendly or 2- especially after having a bigger turnover of players than expected
I agree with your last paragraph, but, because the club have said nothing about the behind closed doors game with Forest Green, we know very little about who played in that match - perhaps another such game could be arranged within the next fortnight?

Also, I think the reference to a crisis earlier in the thread is a bit over the top. The US tour has tended to mirror what has always been clear, in the Championship at least, that is, we're a low scoring side (most teams that finish up as runners up in the second tier score more than sixty nine goals) under Neil Warnock, but we're also solid defensively.

Although he finished his spell at Cardiff as something of a figure of derision, Oumar Niasse was our first choice striker for much of the second half of last season and did turn in some impressive performances despite his lack of goals. At the moment, we've lost him, Zohore and Healey without bringing in a striker, while three first team midfielders have left with only one new one bought in. We are definitely weaker than last season as of now and more first team quality players are needed, but the situation does not become a crisis until the window closes without further additions to our squad and, even then, there will be the opportunity to make loan signings for a while I believe (though I'm not 100 percent sure of that).