+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bale close to leaving Real Madrid.

Re: Bale close to leaving Real Madrid.

I hope Bale holds out for a MASSIVE Pay Off ...... Best of Luck to the lad

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree with this. He did have his chance to shine once Ronaldo went though but I'm not sure what happened for the situation to become as bad as it is now.
    It could have been his injuries but his ambivalence on learning the lingo or just personality clashes were things he could control.

He has made a mint and won a lot of trophies but I suspect, no matter what he says publicly, he will look back at his time there with some regret.

One thing is for sure though, he needs to get off his arse, take the wage cut and get the hell out of there. He still has plenty to offer and has nothing to prove.
    I don't see him regretting the decision one bit. Money and trophies while playing for the biggest club in the world.

I'd imagine he may wish he did a few things differently along the way but there are few who wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't see him regretting the decision one bit. Money and trophies while playing for the biggest club in the world.

I'd imagine he may wish he did a few things differently along the way but there are few who wouldn't.
    Not many Welshman have achieved the same perhaps John Charles ,I 'm guessing unlike John there won't the be a Bale stature outside the Madrid stadium , his goals in that final were something else.

There's a chance that we've seen the best from Bale. The injuries he sustains are muscle strains i believe? They're sometimes caused by a players style and build. Bale is an Athlete, he's like a 200m runner, it could be because of that accelaration that he keeps getting these injuries and that could play on his mind when he is in a position to run in the way that he does. I hope that we see the Bale of old, although i have my reservations, i don't think that he'll be able to sustain the way he plays, especially with the injuries that he gets. Michael Owen relied on 20-30 yard bursts of pace but suffered terible injuries that were down to his running, he became conscious of this and stopped making those runs, in short he was never the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Keep up at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's a chance that we've seen the best from Bale. The injuries he sustains are muscle strains i believe? They're sometimes caused by a players style and build. Bale is an Athlete, he's like a 200m runner, it could be because of that accelaration that he keeps getting these injuries and that could play on his mind when he is in a position to run in the way that he does. I hope that we see the Bale of old, although i have my reservations, i don't think that he'll be able to sustain the way he plays, especially with the injuries that he gets. Michael Owen relied on 20-30 yard bursts of pace but suffered terible injuries that were down to his running, he became conscious of this and stopped making those runs, in short he was never the same player.
    We've definitely seen the best of the old Bale. Whether he can reinvent himself, who knows? I hope so!

Real's treatment of him is an absolute disgrace however. 100 goals, 2 CL winners, 4 CLs won (they hadn't won since 2002 either), and his stats make Zidane's look rubbish . Obviously more than stats to football but makes me laugh anyway. The media would like you to believe he's fallen flat on his arse at Madrid, he hasn't, at all. (this isn't directed at you, Tuerto!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've definitely seen the best of the old Bale. Whether he can reinvent himself, who knows? I hope so!

Real's treatment of him is an absolute disgrace however. 100 goals, 2 CL winners, 4 CLs won (they hadn't won since 2002 either), and his stats make Zidane's look rubbish . Obviously more than stats to football but makes me laugh anyway. The media would like you to believe he's fallen flat on his arse at Madrid, he hasn't, at all. (this isn't directed at you, Tuerto!)
    I tend to agree with you. I was reading an article somewhere which said that ZZ has the opinion that Bale doesn't understand how Real Madrid play, i don't exactly understand what that means, whether it's cultural or something else. The fact is that they've won a shit load since bringing him in, although i reckon that they have massive issues over Barca's domestic dominance and some of the spankings that they've dished los blancos.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Keep up at the back
    Bro I don't have time to be reading all these posts, I've spent most of the day transfixed by the moon landings, can't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I tend to agree with you. I was reading an article somewhere which said that ZZ has the opinion that Bale doesn't understand how Real Madrid play, i don't exactly understand what that means, whether it's cultural or something else. The fact is that they've won a shit load since bringing him in, although i reckon that they have massive issues over Barca's domestic dominance and some of the spankings that they've dished los blancos.
    He's played for Wales enough to understand how to lose . His biggest failing is not being Ronaldo.I hope he can go somewhere to fall in love with football again because the Bale Wales got in 18/19 was a shadow of his former self.

It's an easy point score for ZZ to slate Bale, I'm disappointed he's chosen to do so regularly. They really do not get on!

I hope he goes to Juventus. Ronaldo, Bale and Ramsey would be unstoppable, and not even Sarri could feck that one up

Bale is a legend in his own mind. You're only so precious about him because he's Cardiff born.
    He said if he didn't get his own way he'd see out his contract playing golf. Can you imagine if a City player said that?
    Fans don't turn without a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bale is a legend in his own mind. You're only so precious about him because he's Cardiff born.
    He said if he didn't get his own way he'd see out his contract playing golf. Can you imagine if a City player said that?
    It's all mind games. He knows he is leaving, so he is basically telling RM they have to take the loss, cos he's not coming out of it worse off over the next 3 years. Would you take a paycut to leave your job if you had a secured 3 year contract?

Yes but it’s not us, it’s the worlds most plastic club run by the Spanish government to try and see if anything Barca, and failing.....

Radio Wales saying he could be signing for a Chinese club!!

Yes £1m per week tax free

Bale at Madrid

220 appearances
    110 goals
    65 assists

At any other club he’d be seen as a legend. Just unlucky to be there the same time as Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Bale at Madrid

220 appearances
    110 goals
    65 assists

At any other club he’d be seen as a legend. Just unlucky to be there the same time as Ronaldo.
    And 4 champions league medals, what else did everyone expect from him if he's considered to not have been a success?

His biggest downfall seems to be he wasn't Messi or Ronaldo.

Off to China then. Good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Off to China then. Good luck to him
    Signing for Suning, who play in Naning, where Wales played in the China Cup. Wonder if feelers were put out at the time?

This definitely isn't true, especially of RM fans. They even booed Ronaldo!

Do we think he's going to take lessons in mandarin?

China? Oh dear. What next? International retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Do we think he's going to take lessons in mandarin?
    There are loads of languages in China, he could keep himself busy for years with all those.

A massive pay day for him and I don’t blame him for taking it.
    On a personal level though I was hoping he’d find another European team to try and get back to where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    A massive pay day for him and I don’t blame him for taking it.
    On a personal level though I was hoping he’d find another European team to try and get back to where he was.
    How much money does one need?

You have a finite amount of years playing football. Play at the highest level for as long as possible.

Disappointed to see him heading for China so early.