Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
There's a chance that we've seen the best from Bale. The injuries he sustains are muscle strains i believe? They're sometimes caused by a players style and build. Bale is an Athlete, he's like a 200m runner, it could be because of that accelaration that he keeps getting these injuries and that could play on his mind when he is in a position to run in the way that he does. I hope that we see the Bale of old, although i have my reservations, i don't think that he'll be able to sustain the way he plays, especially with the injuries that he gets. Michael Owen relied on 20-30 yard bursts of pace but suffered terible injuries that were down to his running, he became conscious of this and stopped making those runs, in short he was never the same player.
We've definitely seen the best of the old Bale. Whether he can reinvent himself, who knows? I hope so!

Real's treatment of him is an absolute disgrace however. 100 goals, 2 CL winners, 4 CLs won (they hadn't won since 2002 either), and his stats make Zidane's look rubbish . Obviously more than stats to football but makes me laugh anyway. The media would like you to believe he's fallen flat on his arse at Madrid, he hasn't, at all. (this isn't directed at you, Tuerto!)