+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bale close to leaving Real Madrid.

Re: Bale close to leaving Real Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Off to China then. Good luck to him
    I can’t see it myself, he’s rich enough already so money won’t motivate him. He’s a home bird, he’s back here all the time, can’t see his misses taking a young family to China......it’s not like he’s at the very end of his career or shite like all the others who go there is it?
    He’s got a few years left at the top table....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I can’t see it myself, he’s rich enough already so money won’t motivate him. He’s a home bird, he’s back here all the time, can’t see his misses taking a young family to China......it’s not like he’s at the very end of his career or shite like all the others who go there is it?
    He’s got a few years left at the top table....
    I could see it at 32. Probably not at his age.

It's not just the massive wages they are giving him, he would be a huge star in the league and the merchandising potential is incredible.
    Wherever he goes in Europe it is a step down. He isn't going to win another 4 European cup so why not take the money.

A mill a week they said on the radio earlier. I don't care who you are, if that's accurate it's not getting turned down. He's won the champs league multiple times, played for one of the worlds greatest clubs.

Just trying to think where else he could go that would be worth turning down such ludicrous money. Where could he go that will be able to compete with what he has already achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Yes £1m per week tax free
    Its all about the dosh.

What about our sell on clause

Scored for Real Madrid last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bale is a legend in his own mind. You're only so precious about him because he's Cardiff born.
    He said if he didn't get his own way he'd see out his contract playing golf. Can you imagine if a City player said that?
    Fans don't turn without a reason.
    he didn't actually say that louth..it was made up by the media..fake news

Would you go to China to work, if you were guaranteed 4 or 5 times your salary here?
    I would definitely be thinking about it

Would you go to China to work, if you were guaranteed 4 or 5 times your salary here?
    I would definitely be thinking about it
    But for you or me it'd mean financial security. For him it's purely just for more money.

It seems his agents are in talks with Jiangsu Suning about deal which will earn him £1million-a-week in China.

This blows. If he does this, all the best to him and I'm extremely grateful for what he's done for Wales, but he needs to be dropped from the Welsh team. Let's get the youngsters in that are hungry and want to play football at the highest levels they can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    But for you or me it'd mean financial security. For him it's purely just for more money.

It seems his agents are in talks with Jiangsu Suning about deal which will earn him £1million-a-week in China.

This blows. If he does this, all the best to him and I'm extremely grateful for what he's done for Wales, but he needs to be dropped from the Welsh team. Let's get the youngsters in that are hungry and want to play football at the highest levels they can achieve.
    Yea we aren't dropping our best player let's be honest. Crowds will soon dwindle again.

He could rock up with an eye patch, a limp and be calling himself captain balo and still be our best player by far.

Perhaps though he himself will soon call time on his international career.

I'd rather him go to a better league but I've said before no one is really turning down that money. It's ok to say how much does he want, but the more you make the more you become accustomed to it, he has opened businesses off the back of his time at real, I guess he doesn't want to now half his wages.

It would be quite easy to turn down that sort of money when you are already ridiculously rich, and could continue to earn a huge salary, albeit less than the current one, whilst still playing at a very high standard.

Such a shame that a player who had the potential to achieve true legendary status, like Messi or Ronaldo, is now effectively entering into obscurity and retirement. He’ll simply go down as being remembered as just another very good footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Signing for Suning, who play in Naning, where Wales played in the China Cup. Wonder if feelers were put out at the time?
    Not quite. Easy to confuse the two cities, but Wales played in Nanning, Guangxi. Bale looks like he might be heading to Nanjing, Jiangsu.
    I wish he were going to Nanning, it's just one hour by train from where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    It would be quite easy to turn down that sort of money when you are already ridiculously rich, and could continue to earn a huge salary, albeit less than the current one, whilst still playing at a very high standard.

Such a shame that a player who had the potential to achieve true legendary status, like Messi or Ronaldo, is now effectively entering into obscurity and retirement. He’ll simply go down as being remembered as just another very good footballer.
    Bale has fulfilled his potential. He's one of the few British players to have done so. I'd much rather he stayed in Europe for a different challenge, but let's not pretend he could have reached Messi/Ronaldo/all-time great levels.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Bale has fulfilled his potential. He's one of the few British players to have done so. I'd much rather he stayed in Europe for a different challenge, but let's not pretend he could have reached Messi/Ronaldo/all-time great levels.
    That’s a fair summary but I’m very disappointed that he is going to China. It’s a very poor move.

There are loads of languages in China, he could keep himself busy for years with all those.
    True, there are lots of regional languages in China, however, he needs 'only' to learn Putonghua (Mandarin) and he'll be fine (except perhaps in those areas of southern China where they speak Guangdonghua (Cantonese).

I know it is pre season but getting thrashed by your rivals 7-3 isn’t clever ! Looking at highlights , Real defence still on holiday !
    A couple of more defeats and the Real fans and board will start questioning Zidane and letting players like Bale go !

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I know it is pre season but getting thrashed by your rivals 7-3 isn’t clever ! Looking at highlights , Real defence still on holiday !
    A couple of more defeats and the Real fans and board will start questioning Zidane and letting players like Bale go !
    I really hope this happens. Would like to see Zidane coming under fire.

He's been playing at Championship or above now for 13 years. I don't think we can begrudge him a pay-day because of what he's done for Wales and Welsh football, and I'm not writing him off from making more of a contribution seeing as Carrasco was part of Belgium's 2018 World Cup squad while playing in China. Hope it goes really well for him and he does good work with the huge amount of money he'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s a fair summary but I’m very disappointed that he is going to China. It’s a very poor move.
    I think China and, maybe, America are the only places where he would be paid what he and his agent think he is still worth. Sadly, his recent form has probably meant that none of the big European clubs believe he is worth the huge expense of having him on their books - Bale has always been a dynamic, instinctive player who would find it hard to cope with declining physical standards.

I'm very disappointed with him. He doesn't need the money but it seems obvious he'd rather be on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think China and, maybe, America are the only places where he would be paid what he and his agent think he is still worth. Sadly, his recent form has probably meant that none of the big European clubs believe he is worth the huge expense of having him on their books - Bale has always been a dynamic, instinctive player who would find it hard to cope with declining physical standards.

I remember sitting in a bar here in China a few years ago. The bar was quite crowded, they had football on the big screen but no sound. I had no idea who was playing and not much interest to be honest. Then I caught sight of a player who absolutely tore through the opposition defence as if they were going backwards! I hadn't seen anyone move so fast with a ball at their feet (Ronaldo being an honourable exception!).. it was a young Gareth Bale almost singlehandedly destroying Inter Milan!

At his peak, he was explosive and almost unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Perhaps it's not what they think he's worth rather thinking about retirement fund? I can see how people are disappointed but there have been a number of players now who have still contributed on the international stage (BBC did an article mentioning Oscar and Hamsik), and while injuries have stopped Bale winning the Ballon D'or he's still been a great player rather than just another very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I'm very disappointed with him. He doesn't need the money but it seems obvious he'd rather be on the golf course.
    Same here....looks like he’s done with football as a few have mentioned. Million a week to do almost nothing.....rightio

Good luck to him. I'd prefer him in China (hopefully) fit and available for Wales when needed rather than joining a European team which tries to protect him from injuries (and say what you like about Real's treatment of him but their policy of 'the best players play for their countries' has helped Wales a lot with that). Him and Rambo must have a combined paypacket to rival many a small country now.