+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Super League gets closer

European Super League gets closer

Report from Keith Morgan from the Trust.

https://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=5567

You couldn’t make it up. Feck Europe but form a European League

Re: European Super League gets closer

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Report from Keith Morgan from the Trust.

https://www.ccfctrust.org/?p=5567

You couldn’t make it up. Feck Europe but form a European League
    Morgan is being dense. There are rules in the UK that prevent football matches being televised between 2:45 and 5:15 on Saturday afternoons.

You are also being dense. "Feck Europe", Brexit wasn't a decision made by football clubs.

Re: European Super League gets closer

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Morgan is being dense. There are rules in the UK that prevent football matches being televised between 2:45 and 5:15 on Saturday afternoons.

You are also being dense. "Feck Europe", Brexit wasn't a decision made by football clubs.
    I am unsure why you think I am being “dense”. Have you read the relevant FSA papers on the topic or discussed it with the FA, Premier League and other football bodies. The rules that you refer to are nothing more than the agreement between the football authorities and the t.v. and other media outlets under the current broadcasting deal. If that deal is no longer in place because the new deal if with a European Super League then it no longer binding..

Brexit may not be a decision made by football clubs but may well have an impact on them under freedom of movement of players restrictions over time. The FA are happy if restrictions were to be in place as it may lead to less non England qualified players playing at the top level.The Premier League have the opposite view as any restrictions on the ability to have the best players in the world would damage their “ product “