+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Apologies to any Mauve and Yellow Army readers.

Apologies to any Mauve and Yellow Army readers.

Since Thursday I have been unable to use my PC (although I'm waiting on some new discs that could sort things out, I'm not too hopeful - the PC is pretty old and, if I'm honest, I was surprised it survived the move of house last year
    ) and so am limited to using my IPad and phone. I've just spent nearly three hours typing up a weekly review piece, switched tabs on Safari to check something and then found Wordpress reloading itself when I switched back to that tab with the result that I'velost all of my work.

So, sorry, but there won't be anything on the blog this weekend - I've learned a lesson that I need to write my blogs on Pages from now on and then paste it onto Wordpress when I'm using my IPad, while the last few days have proven how reliant I was on my old PC.

Re: Apologies to any Mauve and Yellow Army readers.

Three hours of work.. pffff, gone just like that! That must have been so frustrating!

Hurry back

I know it's obvious, but why don't you use voice input instead of typing the draft draft copy. It's quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I know it's obvious, but why don't you use voice input instead of typing the draft draft copy. It's quick and easy.
    trump tired that and was banned for the world of literature within the hour

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Three hours of work.. pffff, gone just like that! That must have been so frustrating!
    I've always worked with Wordpress on my PC where there is an auto save facility and so I assumed it would be the same on Safari., Therefore, I wasn't too bothered when I saw it reloading for some reason when I clicked on its tab. I've lost work before through making a cock up and figured I had to take that on the chin, but what happened yesterday wasn't down to me at all.

Also, I've tried voice input before and ended up taking ages doing it that way.

Oh hell, sorry to hear that. I thought the Wordpress sites automatically saved drafts (maybe I just set it up that way).

A journalist once gave me a tip about writing - he said that a good technique is to work hard & write something you're really proud of - then delete it. Then write it from scratch again, and it'll be loads better. I tried this once or twice & found it worked... so I look forward to reading your next piece!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've always worked with Wordpress on my PC where there is an auto save facility and so I assumed it would be the same on Safari., Therefore, I wasn't too bothered when I saw it reloading for some reason when I clicked on its tab. I've lost work before through making a cock up and figured I had to take that on the chin, but what happened yesterday wasn't down to me at all.

Also, I've tried voice input before and ended up taking ages doing it that way.
    It works like a charm on Android devices, maybe it's a Google thing and they have better technology.

Will there be a match report from yesterday, Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Will there be a match report from yesterday, Bob?
    Here you are, just posted it.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Thank you, already commented.