+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Search for missing teen Emanuela Orlandi leads to recovery of bones at the Vatican

Search for missing teen Emanuela Orlandi leads to recovery of bones at the Vatican

Bones were collected from the depths of the Vatican Saturday, the latest effort to solve the mystery of a 15-year-old girl who vanished 36 years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internati...32&id=64456432

Re: Search for missing teen Emanuela Orlandi leads to recovery of bones at the Vatican

What a strange affair , and funny club the Vatican is ?

Re: Search for missing teen Emanuela Orlandi leads to recovery of bones at the Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bones were collected from the depths of the Vatican Saturday, the latest effort to solve the mystery of a 15-year-old girl who vanished 36 years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internati...32&id=64456432

....but they've just found some bones in a graveyard, which isn't entirely surprising. They haven't identified any as belonging to this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    ....but they've just found some bones in a graveyard, which isn't entirely surprising. They haven't identified any as belonging to this girl.
    True, but you can't go around digging up random graves without good reason and the proper legal authority. It's also ABC who are reporting it, so it's unlikely to be a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    True, but you can't go around digging up random graves without good reason and the proper legal authority. It's also ABC who are reporting it, so it's unlikely to be a conspiracy theory.

Well I presume that they had a reason to think she might be in there with the other bones,( I think they mentioned a tip off), but 90% of such anonymous information turns out to be bollocks. DNA will be the test of course, but I expect they'll have forensic orthopaedics guy shuffling the bones on his table by now and he'll be able to pick out 36 year old ones from medieval princesses.
    I dare say they'll have a pretty good idea by now but they probably won't publicly announce a positive result immediately cause that'd compromise the investigation.
    Mind you, I don't think that we can jump to the conclusion that it's anything to do with the church just because the remains were concealed there ,( if they were). It's not uncommon for people to dispose of remains in graveyards and such for obvious reasons.

Well I presume that they had a reason to think she might be in there with the other bones,( I think they mentioned a tip off), but 90% of such anonymous information turns out to be bollocks. DNA will be the test of course, but I expect they'll have forensic orthopaedics guy shuffling the bones on his table by now and he'll be able to pick out 36 year old ones from medieval princesses.
    I dare say they'll have a pretty good idea by now but they probably won't publicly announce a positive result immediately cause that'd compromise the investigation.
    Mind you, I don't think that we can jump to the conclusion that it's anything to do with the church just because the remains were concealed there ,( if they were). It's not uncommon for people to dispose of remains in graveyards and such for obvious reasons.
    The bones were collected from the depths of the Vatican, so some kind internal burial area without public access. It's random or stuff that is alternative.

Yeah, when we say there's no public access, I'd guess that there are all sorts of people who've had access to it in the last 36 years who aren't directly connected with the Vatican - everyone from cleaners to archaeologists and I think the article mentions building work there. Then there's the very real possibility that someone without legitimate access broke in there.

I mean, I know absolutely bugger all about the case, but my experience is that very few murderers dispose of the remains permanently on their own property. Yeah, I know there are some high profile cases where that's happened but they're usually psycho serial killers and in those cases there is usually more than one body in the same place .

If these remains prove to be ident , I'd guess we're looking at someone who wanted to hide them in a place they're not connected with rather than someone who collects victims and " visits" them.

We're all pissing in the wind of course, but I do like a bit of a murder mystery thread !

Why haven't we got a Madeliene McCann one ?

Why haven't we got a Madeliene McCann one ?
    There is not much I could add to this one. I think the topic has already been exhausted barring the emergence of any new evidence.

Plenty of evidence , just no evidence of any abduction

I looked and there is a thread - I couldn't believe there was a message board without a McCann thread.
    I thought about resurrecting it but I think I know how that'd go. I see from your comments there that you're apparently more convinced than I am about the parents story though.

All very sad if these are young children , including Madeline and the nasty speculation mob back in the day .