Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

  1. #1

    Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Anthony Knockaert signs for Fulham. Brighton have let him go to Craven Cottage on a season long loan.

    WBA got Zohore to enhance their team, Leeds are expecting to be right up there, Stoke can't be as bad again can they? And Derby and Middlesbrough will be looking at play offs again.

    There's six teams I've mentioned that we are going to have to better than to see us in promotion contention.

  2. #2

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Anthony Knockaert signs for Fulham. Brighton have let him go to Craven Cottage on a season long loan.

    WBA got Zohore to enhance their team, Leeds are expecting to be right up there, Stoke can't be as bad again can they? And Derby and Middlesbrough will be looking at play offs again.

    There's six teams I've mentioned that we are going to have to better than to see us in promotion contention.
    I certainly don't think that we'll be able to play in a way that got us up to the premier league, We're going to have to be a bit more sophisticated this time. I can live with direct football although there has to be some method to it.

  3. #3

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

    WBA got Zohore to enhance their team

  4. #4

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    West Brom have lost Gayle and Rondon and replaced them with Zohore. They’ve gotten weaker

  5. #5

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Reckon Leeds will take time to recover fr9m last seasons capitulation too

  6. #6

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    West Brom have lost Gayle and Rondon and replaced them with Zohore. They’ve gotten weaker
    And Rodriguez

  7. #7

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Reckon Leeds will take time to recover fr9m last seasons capitulation too
    Would have thought losing Janssen will be a blow.

    Fulham also don’t seem to be doing anything about their shite defence either

    Brentford could be a good outside bet and at least one will come out of the pack. Maybe the likes of Forest or Preston, don’t write the Jacks off either, they had a very young side and have kept the nucleus of it. They finished pretty strongly last season too.

    New manager yes, but that is an unknown quantity

    Apart from about half a dozen sides everyone will fancy their chances for the top 6

  8. #8

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Anthony Knockaert signs for Fulham. Brighton have let him go to Craven Cottage on a season long loan.

    WBA got Zohore to enhance their team, Leeds are expecting to be right up there, Stoke can't be as bad again can they? And Derby and Middlesbrough will be looking at play offs again.

    There's six teams I've mentioned that we are going to have to better than to see us in promotion contention.
    Sheff. Wed. Forest. Huddersfield. 'On paper' we're mid-table... but you don't play football on paper..

  9. #9

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Sheff. Wed. Forest. Huddersfield. 'On paper' we're mid-table... but you don't play football on paper..
    Forest and Sheff Wed are absolute circuses.

  10. #10

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Leeds, Fulham should be good.
    Derby have upgraded their manager, so could also be decent.

    I think one to look out for could be Brentford. So far they've been turning down large bids for their players, which is a change in strategy for them. They've made a lot from the transfer market over the last few years and can afford to keep the side together and have a proper crack at promotion

  11. #11

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Leeds, Fulham should be good.
    Derby have upgraded their manager, so could also be decent.

    I think one to look out for could be Brentford. So far they've been turning down large bids for their players, which is a change in strategy for them. They've made a lot from the transfer market over the last few years and can afford to keep the side together and have a proper crack at promotion
    Derby have lost all of their loanees as well.

    This is why this league is the best, not one of us has a scooby doo what is going to happen.

  12. #12

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Unless we sign a quality striker - not that one mentioned at Hearts - we will struggle, Ward and Madine are not up to 20 goals a season that we need - NW was talking positive in the last interview - I'm hoping they have a good one lined up

  13. #13

    Re: Competetive Championship campaign coming up

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Unless we sign a quality striker - not that one mentioned at Hearts - we will struggle, Ward and Madine are not up to 20 goals a season that we need - NW was talking positive in the last interview - I'm hoping they have a good one lined up
    You don't need 20 goals a season from a striker to be successful (but it is nice)

    Fulham almost went down with 2 20 goal strikers in the same side a few seasons ago

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •