+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A4119 road closure

A4119 road closure

If you use the A4119 from Castell Mynach through to Radyr and on into Cardiff then change your route.

The road will be closed from Creigiau to Radyr at 9.30am tomorrow for the next three weeks as they work on the drainage system as they build more and more houses along the route.

Re: A4119 road closure

Going through fairwater way will be murder, llantrisant rd is shocking itself most days......need drains for all these new houses I guess, just no new roads as ever....

If you are coming from Llantrisant area the alternative route will be to go via M4 and come off at J33 to Culver or J32 Coryton and then feed into Cardiff that way or use the by-pass from Talbot Green to Upper Boat and down the A470.

Can you still get from St Fagans to Castell Mynach via Rhydlafa?
    Apologies for spelling.

Don't go via coryton, that's my way home. It's bad enough without extra cars.

Typical Welsh labour and Cardiff council, build all those new homes without a thought to an appropriate road network.
    I'm sure they will have a committee to have a look at it. Which will take until 2030 before anything is done to alleviate traffic by building a road.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Can you still get from St Fagans to Castell Mynach via Rhydlafa?
    Apologies for spelling.
    No.

Rydlafar residents will be allowed to get onto the St Fagans Rd but there will be no access from St Fagas to Rhydlafar and then onto the A4119 towards Castell Mynach.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    No.

Rydlafar residents will be allowed to get onto the St Fagans Rd but there will be no access from St Fagas to Rhydlafar and then onto the A4119 towards Castell Mynach.
    Thanks

It's going to make my cycle ride in to work from Danescourt much quieter

International

The thinking is that in the school holidays the traffic in the morning and evening reduces by about 50% (Its more than that in London in August) and so closing one road will only increase the traffic on the others to about normal school day volumes anyway.
    Lets see if it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Don't go via coryton, that's my way home. It's bad enough without extra cars.

Typical Welsh labour and Cardiff council, build all those new homes without a thought to an appropriate road network.
    I'm sure they will have a committee to have a look at it. Which will take until 2030before anything is done to alleviate traffic by building a road.
    Don’t think you’ll find ‘um working till half 8

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don’t think you’ll find ‘um working till half 8
    That's another thing that pisses me off. They are working on a main arterial road and they should be working 24/7 to get the road open as fast as possible. I had the misfortune to drive to London on the M$ yesterday. Around reading there is 20 miles of roadworks. There were offices open in the works area but not one single person working on the road.
    What ever you may thing of boris Johnson he had a good idea when he was London Mayor. He wanted to charge all contractors if the blocked or partially blocked any road. They could factor the time into their contract which would be assessed and approved. If they overran the time they would be fines for every day or part of a day the road remained impeded. That would have concentrated minds and made companies work in partnership instead of digging the same piece of road up 4 different times as I have see.

He was prevented from forcing the change, I think by the government, but it should be used everywhere.