Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

  1. #1

    Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?


  2. #2

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    I really dislike it, and I typically don't change my mind once it's made up.

    I think the away kit looks cheap and the home kit looks dirty.

    I'd go as far as saying that they're the worst kits I've seen City have for years and years, with the re-brand kit being the very worse.

  3. #3

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    I don't like the away kit and am very underwhelmed by the home

  4. #4

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    The away kit is a pleasant change and looks quite nice. The home shirt is dreadful. It looks cheap.

  5. #5

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The away kit is a pleasant change and looks quite nice. The home shirt is dreadful. It looks cheap.
    I bought the home shirt. Felt nice and looked nice close up (even though it's an off the shelf design).

    If I can lose a stone I'll be able to wear it

  6. #6

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    I like the away kit.

  7. #7

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Last years white kit is my favourite... is that this seasons 3rd kit?

  8. #8

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    The white one looked a bit worn when it see people out and about in it.

    I wasn’t fussed on the home one from pics, but seen someone wearing it and thought it looked pretty sharp. The orange kit would be better with blue shirts surely:..

  9. #9

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Don't like it but at least it's not red

  10. #10

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Like the home kit. Do not like the away. Worst away we've had since the red one. Pity because last year's silver kit was one of the best.

  11. #11

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    I like it.
    Awsy kit is shhhite, though.

  12. #12

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Lacks imagination , however aimed at the younger audience, cant understand when you look at the many over 50's in the crowd they don't aim their marketing at them , via the 3rd kit , by reinventing some of the retros kits for the 70's

  13. #13

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Blue shirt, white shorts. Isn't this what we've all wanted? I think I like it, though I haven't seen it "in the flesh".
    Orange kit is shite.

  14. #14

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I bought the home shirt. Felt nice and looked nice close up (even though it's an off the shelf design).

    If I can lose a stone I'll be able to wear it
    You need to lose a stone? What happened? You were doing so well.

  15. #15

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lacks imagination , however aimed at the younger audience, cant understand when you look at the many over 50's in the crowd they don't aim their marketing at them , via the 3rd kit , by reinventing some of the retros kits from the 70's
    +1, an excellent idea.

  16. #16

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Like both kits

  17. #17

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Not a fan of the kits this season.

    The darkened blue pixelated spots patched all over the home shirt are a poor design choice. Just keep it plain blue, would look far better.

    The all orange away strip is horrendous.

    Just wish they would employ a simpler approach. Torquay United's kit this season is super simple and looks great.

  18. #18

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lacks imagination , however aimed at the younger audience, cant understand when you look at the many over 50's in the crowd they don't aim their marketing at them , via the 3rd kit , by reinventing some of the retros kits for the 70's
    Over 50s don't buy football kits. Although I hate yellow on our kits as it has bugger all to do with Cardiff City so I'm biased.

  19. #19

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Not a fan of the kits this season.

    The darkened blue pixelated spots patched all over the home shirt are a poor design choice. Just keep it plain blue, would look far better.

    The all orange away strip is horrendous.

    Just wish they would employ a simpler approach. Torquay United's kit this season is super simple and looks great.
    Is it dark blue or black?

  20. #20

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Not a fan of the kits this season.

    The darkened blue pixelated spots patched all over the home shirt are a poor design choice. Just keep it plain blue, would look far better.

    The all orange away strip is horrendous.

    Just wish they would employ a simpler approach. Torquay United's kit this season is super simple and looks great.
    An all blue Nike shirt with plain white shorts would be lush. If they were available without the sponsor, I might even wear one.

  21. #21

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Always think white socks look better with white shorts so its either: blue-white-white or blue-blue-blue for the first kit for me. However I'm not a fan of the dark pixels on the blue shirt.

    The orange second kit is ok. I wonder whether it will feature with either navy or white shorts this season?

    StT.
    <><

  22. #22

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Always think white socks look better with white shorts so its either: blue-white-white or blue-blue-blue for the first kit for me. However I'm not a fan of the dark pixels on the blue shirt.

    The orange second kit is ok. I wonder whether it will feature with either navy or white shorts this season?

    StT.
    <><
    It's all orange in the pic.
    Can't think of a club where we'd need to change shorts.

  23. #23

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It's all orange in the pic.
    Can't think of a club where we'd need to change shorts.
    There are many games, across the divisions, when clubs have no need to change from their first choice kit but they do.

    Now don't get me started on games where combinations of red, gold or orange are seen with clashes featuring outfield players and/or keepers.

    StT.
    <><

  24. #24

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    We haven't got any blue shorts this year .
    We could see orange shorts with the blue shirt though.

  25. #25

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    I quite like the orange away kit. The home kit would look much better with white socks.

  26. #26

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    We haven't got any blue shorts this year .
    We could see orange shorts with the blue shirt though.
    Nice one, I've just been sick in to my coffee.

  27. #27

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    After the red fiasco as long as the shirt is blue I don't care.

    The orange isn't that bad really.

  28. #28

    Re: Thoughts on the new kit now we've seen it in action?

    The home one looked quite nice in the shop but looks a bit damp on the players. I don't mind the away except it's hardly brimming with imagination.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •