+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deji Oshilaja..............

Deji Oshilaja..............

joins Tom James and Semi Ajayi in earning an upward transfer this summer by joining Charlton. No doubt there will be those who say that this doesn't mean they are good enough for our first team, but when I see us signing twenty six year old defenders on Bosman deals and paying up to £6 million for thirty year olds, I do wonder about club policy through most of this decade.

Re: Deji Oshilaja..............

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    joins Tom James and Semi Ajayi in earning an upward transfer this summer by joining Charlton. No doubt there will be those who say that this doesn't mean they are good enough for our first team, but when I see us signing twenty six year old defenders on Bosman deals and paying up to £6 million for thirty year olds, I do wonder about club policy through most of this decade.
    Do I detect a little hint of the fact that you don’t think the club has enough focus on bringing through youth? 😂

I guess without that experience of playing first team football elsewhere they wouldn't have developed and now be getting those upward transfers. Would they have ever been given a first team opportunity here, should they have?

I think it shows the clubs youth system isn't a complete waste of time, it's providing young plays an opportunity to learn their trade and go ok to play at championship level in the future. Wish it helped us more but then I'm sure many clubs are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Do I detect a little hint of the fact that you don’t think the club has enough focus on bringing through youth? ��
    How could you think such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not sure I'd tar both our defensive additions with the same brush: one is a 26 year old who seems comfortable on the ball and ready to make the step up, the other is a 30 year old who is very similar to what we already have here and costing £6million. Ideally the club has a balanced approach between bosmans, older heads who can improve things and youth policy.