+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - Photo editing/ Filter help

OT - Photo editing/ Filter help

Long shot I know but does anyone have any idea what filter or effect has been used on this pic?
    and if so where I find it.

hazard.jpg

Re: OT - Photo editing/ Filter help

Probably psp 6 watercolour or something very similar except that the colours are a bit vivid for that so I'd guess that it's been split into layers and processed separately then merged again. Perhaps the front layer has been processed with the charcoal filter them remerged or just cut out and processed separately .
    In fact looking at it perhaps the player is cut and pasted into the background altogether.

I googled the image and from typing in 'Hazard Madrid' the first result on images is the original pic (with the same background) so the player and background are defo from the same pic. Thanks for the other info though.

I very quickly experimented with PhotoPlus using 'cartoon' and 'brightness/contrast' filters and produced this (from not exactly the same image - but same game)

hazard 2.jpg

De fringe it

I mean that's if you want it more like the original

PSP is so last year, Affinity Photo is the way to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Lee View Post
    I googled the image and from typing in 'Hazard Madrid' the first result on images is the original pic (with the same background) so the player and background are defo from the same pic. Thanks for the other info though.

Yeah I found the image.
    What I meant was that in your version someone has removed the player from the background by copying it as a selection then processed the background and the player separately to get different effects, then pasted the player back in. That's why it doesn't look like one straightforward filter.
    Actually , I'll adapt my original thought to say that someone's used a much later Corel version because you can see under his forearms that they've pasted it onto a green screen ( badly ) with too much feathering , so when he's put it back he's captured some green .
    It's a crap job in fact. Why do we care incidentally ?

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    PSP is so last year, Affinity Photo is the way to go now.
    You gotta be kidding! Why would anyone trust Serif after dumping their support and leaving their customers in the lurch? I bought and used several of their programs - but will never use them again - and will take every opportunity to diss them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yeah I found the image.
    What I meant was that in your version someone has removed the player from the background by copying it as a selection then processed the background and the player separately to get different effects, then pasted the player back in. That's why it doesn't look like one straightforward filter.
    Actually , I'll adapt my original thought to say that someone's used a much later Corel version because you can see under his forearms that they've pasted it onto a green screen ( badly ) with too much feathering , so when he's put it back he's captured some green .
    It's a crap job in fact. Why do we care incidentally ?
    Bit of a random one really. My lad wanted a pic of Josh Murphy (his current fav player - don't ask lol) to take to get signed then eventually framed and put on his wall so I said id knock something together for him.

I liked the kind of effect on the hazard pic and wanted to make something similar, called it a day last night - this is what I came up with ...

Gonna print and take to the game sat, hopefully be framed and on his wall by Sunday

JoshMurphy.jpg

Never had any problems with them. Shame you're missing out on some great non subscription software.