+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EXTINCTION REBELLION, council conspiracy!!!!!!!!

International

Re: EXTINCTION REBELLION, council conspiracy!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I live 3 miles from the city centre and we get a bus every 10 minutes
    Yes But where does it go? :)

International

Where I livd there are 3 or r buses I can catch to town. The problem is the all arrive within 10 minutes of teach other then there is nothing for about 25 minutes. PPPPPP

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think it's any worse than someone stating a "fact" they've pulled out of their arse.
    You're the expert on that 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I think all the shops on St Mary’s street are closing down because of all the old white men. Don’t @ me.
    Can you explain????

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I have a friend who is a councillor and he maintains that Cardiff Council, willingly wanted to shut off Cardiff City centre, to judge the impact on traffic.

They, the council, have for years, wanted to treat Cardiff like London and stop traffic going through the centre.

By letting EXTINCTION REBELLION, shut it off, EXTINCTION REBELLION, take the flack and the council get 3 days to test the feeling, without getting it in the neck.

Council won’t be happy until Cardiff city centre is all bus and bike lanes (deliveries in the night)
    You've only gone and done it

International

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Can you explain????
    It cant be racist it's referring to white men

International

Can you explain????
    You're supposed to say "Have you got any PROOF of that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Amsterdam has a good transport network, whereas Cardiff's is shite
    Exactly, we are light years behind them but we need to emulate what they have....starting with cycle lanes, tram hubs and bann8ng cars

International

I do notice how the posters who argue that closing St Mary St was a good thing and the people demanding "proof" have all carefully avoided including the way it ****ed up the public transport they claim is the answer to the problem. Particularly when Westgate st is closed. Its typical. If it doesn't suit your argument ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Encouraging fewer cars to use the city centre is the only answer and the thing that always works best is charging money for the pleasure.
    Don't you mean discouraging fewer cars is the only answer, by bullying motorists again.

Charging motorists is another tax on the motorist, that didn't exist previously. It just brings more money to the Council coffers.

How about the Council massively increase car parking fees for 'all' of their staff at Council HQ. Same for the WAG.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Exactly, we are light years behind them but we need to emulate what they have....starting with cycle lanes, tram hubs and bann8ng cars
    Banning cars 'before' a solid and workable infrastructure is a recipe for disaster.

Also it's a postcode lottery.

The east of Cardiff has no rail links to the centre, yet most other areas have links.

It takes 10 minutes to into the centre from Pontyclun by train. It takes 30 minutes to get into the centre from Cardiff east by bus.

Supply and demand.

How many more buses are needed to increase to the appropriate frequency to make it worth motorists to change to buses?

Make it worth it for motorists because of the beneficial alternatives, NOT because of further punishment of previously non existent charges.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    you are such a know-all the only thing that needs pulling out of your arse is your head. I don't say things are "Fact" I just say what I believe based on my life experiences and the things I see hear and read. I don 't research every little detail of every post before I press 'send'. i have better things to do with my life.
    I don't give a toss what you think. you're a keyboard all perfect anti anything slightly not PC defender. In any post you and people like you look for the slightest thing they you can pic at particularly if you can play the race card.
    You are a non-entity. Get a life, you are silly! And I said if you did what you do here in the pub, picking at every thing that is said, demanding "Proof" every time someone said something, you wouldn't last 2 minutes. But I suppose that's why your not in the pub.
    Whereas you're a stupid tosser who is happy for people to allow prejudice to spread.

Proof is important. Lots of people are dull enough to support racism etc. Whenever I get into a debate with a bonehead who is incapable of being factual but intends on making my life hell for not supporting his ridiculous views I walk away. Rational debate is fine. Factual debate is great. Nonsensical debate with a retard who has no idea of either is a waste of effort.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whereas you're a stupid tosser who is happy for people to allow prejudice to spread.

Proof is important. Lots of people are dull enough to support racism etc. Whenever I get into a debate with a bonehead who is incapable of being factual but intends on making my life hell for not supporting his ridiculous views I walk away. Rational debate is fine. Factual debate is great. Nonsensical debate with a retard who has no idea of either is a waste of effort.
    Oh god another keyboard warrior, I didn't expect it of you.
    The point is I don't try to ram any opinions down peoples throats, I don't threaten, I don't insult people, unless like you they insult me first and I don't state things as fact in the first place. Indeed I am very careful not to. Demanding'proof' on every subject and not responding to what was actually said, you is what stifles debate. No one wants to get into conversation because they know they will be drowned out by the cacophony of noise from the usual people who insist their opinion is the only right one.
    you know as well as I do that for ever so called piece of 'proof' on the internet another can usually be found that states the opposite,
    Who are you anyway to call me a retard? I find that extremely offensive. Isn't that terribly un PC considering you know nothing about me or my life?
    Like the you sit there and call names and insults but you are the tosser, hiding behind a keyboard.
    I could now throw insults at you but it won't help this thread or any other. Look at the number of threads that descend to this level and see on percentage (you are the self proclaim stats expert) who ate the posters involved. I bet you don't need to because you already know, but you won't point the finger because you are birds of a feather.

Can you explain????
    You're supposed to say "Have you got any PROOF of that?"
    I think that was the joke lads

you are such a know-all the only thing that needs pulling out of your arse is your head. I don't say things are "Fact" I just say what I believe based on my life experiences and the things I see hear and read. I don 't research every little detail of every post before I press 'send'. i have better things to do with my life.
    I don't give a toss what you think. you're a keyboard all perfect anti anything slightly not PC defender. In any post you and people like you look for the slightest thing they you can pic at particularly if you can play the race card.
    You are a non-entity. Get a life, you are silly! And I said if you did what you do here in the pub, picking at every thing that is said, demanding "Proof" every time someone said something, you wouldn't last 2 minutes. But I suppose that's why your not in the pub.
    how is wanting better tansport links in any way PC.

You cannot have a discussion without getting angry and shouting stupid buzzwords.

Oh god another keyboard warrior, I didn't expect it of you.
    The point is I don't try to ram any opinions down peoples throats, I don't threaten, I don't insult people, unless like you they insult me first and I don't state things as fact in the first place. Indeed I am very careful not to. Demanding'proof' on every subject and not responding to what was actually said, you is what stifles debate. No one wants to get into conversation because they know they will be drowned out by the cacophony of noise from the usual people who insist their opinion is the only right one.
    you know as well as I do that for ever so called piece of 'proof' on the internet another can usually be found that states the opposite,
    Who are you anyway to call me a retard? I find that extremely offensive. Isn't that terribly un PC considering you know nothing about me or my life?
    Like the you sit there and call names and insults but you are the tosser, hiding behind a keyboard.
    I could now throw insults at you but it won't help this thread or any other. Look at the number of threads that descend to this level and see on percentage (you are the self proclaim stats expert) who ate the posters involved. I bet you don't need to because you already know, but you won't point the finger because you are birds of a feather.
    Where have I insulted you though? People want a reasoned discussion with you, as soon as someone says maybe you aren't right you fly off the handle.

When you are discussing reasons for something like this surely facts are important rather than just believing your opinion is correct. No one even said you were wrong, they were just interested where you got your facts.

International

Where have I insulted you though? People want a reasoned discussion with you, as soon as someone says maybe you aren't right you fly off the handle.

When you are discussing reasons for something like this surely facts are important rather than just believing your opinion is correct. No one even said you were wrong, they were just interested where you got your facts.
    Croesy, I don't think I ever said that you personally have insulted me, but the person I was responding to did.
    I don't think I'm right and I don't fly of the handle but it becomes tedious when people (Rude is a prime example) answers every post with "Where's your proof" and if you question his post he just responds with a question that is designed to give him the opportunity to ask for proof again. It's browbeating. you tend to fall into the same mode yourself sometimes.
    When I post on here it is just like chatting for me. It is not supposed to be an intense political or dogma centered conference room. As I said i comment from my own life experiences not from something I read on the internet or from my entrenched political or social views. And as you well know for every piece of 'proof that can be found on the internet' there is normally another thing that says the opposite, so most of the proof on here is no more than someone elses opinion anyway, but because it is on the internet people tend to take it as gospel. It is nonsense..
    now I've had enough so please don't respond to this post because you won't get a reply.
    Have a nice day.

Do you have any proof of this? I wouldn’t think not being able to drive down st Mary’s has had a big affect on the number of people using the shops.
    I don't see anything wrong with saying this though? It's asking a question, you really need to chill out. You came in shouting that pedestrianisation was bad and someone asked why, if you can't take that maybe don't post your opinions on the internet.

Croesy, I don't think I ever said that you personally have insulted me, but the person I was responding to did.
    I don't think I'm right and I don't fly of the handle but it becomes tedious when people (Rude is a prime example) answers every post with "Where's your proof" and if you question his post he just responds with a question that is designed to give him the opportunity to ask for proof again. It's browbeating. you tend to fall into the same mode yourself sometimes.
    When I post on here it is just like chatting for me. It is not supposed to be an intense political or dogma centered conference room. As I said i comment from my own life experiences not from something I read on the internet or from my entrenched political or social views. And as you well know for every piece of 'proof that can be found on the internet' there is normally another thing that says the opposite, so most of the proof on here is no more than someone elses opinion anyway, but because it is on the internet people tend to take it as gospel. It is nonsense..
    now I've had enough so please don't respond to this post because you won't get a reply.
    Have a nice day.
    You pair wanna “GET A ROOM”

You’re like that pair in “Still Game”

Can you explain????
    What part of “don’t @ me” do you not understand

What part of “don’t @ me” do you not understand
    All of it and also in the context of it being after the previous sentence, in your earlier post.

All of it and also in the context of it being after the previous sentence, in your earlier post.
    You are dangerously dense

You are dangerously dense
    You've clearly finished school term and have the summer off.

Just explain as I think I know now, but want you to confirm for me.

Thanks

You've clearly finished school term and have the summer off.

Just explain as I think I know now, but want you to confirm for me.

Thanks
    We don’t give proof just opinions, don’t @ me

We don’t give proof just opinions, don’t @ me
    Would you care to elucidate as to what that is meant to mean?