+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sol Bamba coaching with the u23s

Sol Bamba coaching with the u23s

There was an interesting snippet on Cardiff City TV where Sean Morrison and Joe Ralls were talking to Sol via skype ('Better Call Sol')- and asking about him coaching down in Cornwall whilst he's recovering from his injury.

The last two u23 highlights clips (Bodmin and Plymouth Parkway) have shown Sol on the touchline with Andy Legg and Ronnie Jepson.

I thought he would be heading straight for the TV studios when he finally hangs up his boots, but maybe not!

Re: Sol Bamba coaching with the u23s

He can do both

I'm pleased to hear this.

He should be starting off with the Under 3's. I'm dead against fast tracking ex-players into coaching grown-ups.

Absolutely, he should spend 3 years minimum doing coaching badges , (then a year in burger king (other outlets available) to improve his people skills) worked out well for the premier league.

He's our next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Absolutely, he should spend 3 years minimum doing coaching badges , (then a year in burger king (other outlets available) to improve his people skills) worked out well for the premier league.
    What's the criteria for getting the badges anyway? I'd imagine there would be a lot of practical units on the course. If so, coaching the U23's would surely do it.

Best of luck to him.

Where are all the posters who were outraged a few weeks ago at the thought of an experienced pro training adults? They insisted he had to start with the young kids first, in order to gain some experience

The U23s are the kids in football terms aren’t they?

When someone gets sent to train with the kids they’re training with the under 21s or 23s not the 15 year olds.

It's a long, long time since someone who was coaching at Cardiff City at Development team level or lower has worked with anyone who was likely to be playing any meaningful (i.e. not aCup tie or a league fixture which was not a meaningless end of season encounter) first team football any time soon.