+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ex City defender signs for Wrexham

Ex City defender signs for Wrexham

Defender Jazzi Barnum-Bobb has joined Wrexham on a one-year contract. Definitely has one of the best names of a City player, ever!

Can't ever recall him playing first team football for us tho. No doubt someone, possibly Bob Wilson, will recall the nightlights of his City career though. Bob?

Re: Ex City defender signs for Wrexham

I’m sure he played in an fa cup or league cup match against Northampton or Coventry. Can’t remember him getting much other game time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Defender Jazzi Barnum-Bobb has joined Wrexham on a one-year contract. Definitely has one of the best names of a City player, ever!

Can't ever recall him playing first team football for us tho. No doubt someone, possibly Bob Wilson, will recall the nightlights of his City career though. Bob?
    He played in the league cup v Port Vale, away. Put in a good performance too.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    He played in the league cup v Port Vale, away. Put in a good performance too.
    I was there and witnessed the best goal I’ve ever seen in 1000+ games of football watched live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

He always struck me as a neat and efficient all round footballer when I saw him play for the Development team and he was able to carry that sort of standard into the televised League Cup tie with Coventry back in 14/15. He also did well at Port Vale apparently. When that season dribbled away to two months of nothingness, he was the sort of player who could have been given some league games to see how he coped with the Championship, but that was never going to happen under Russell Slade's management and I must admit that, this time, he may have been right in his judgement, because Barnum-Bobb couldn't hold down a regular place in a struggling Newport team.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I was there and witnessed the best goal I’ve ever seen in 1000+ games of football watched live.

I was there too. Sadly, I don't remember that goal. Must be old age. I think Macheda scored that night. I do recall making a quick getaway from their car park, via a hole in the wall, and nearly (accidentally) ran a female PC over crossing the pavement. One of the supporters coaches got bricked and the M6 was being closed from 10.00pm onwards, for repairs. Hence the need to get away quick. We won 3-2. Strange how some things stick in the memory and others don't.

He played in 2 League Cup games for us , that's all. To be fair he looked quite good, calm and assured on the ball but that was all we saw of him. I think both games were away from home.

Thanks for all the replies folks! If all he played was a couple of meaningless away Cup games, it's no wonder it didn't register in my mind that I had seen him play for us

Anybody know who the last player was to play for Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Anybody know who the last player was to play for Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham?
    Just wrote this and thought of Mark Harris lol.

Two facts about Jazzi Barnum-Bobb that you can use to break the ice with at parties (women go crazy for this kind of stuff I've always found).

Jazzi got 11 A-star GCSE passes.

His sister's name is Calypso.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Two facts about Jazzi Barnum-Bobb that you can use to break the ice with at parties (women go crazy for this kind of stuff I've always found).

Jazzi got 11 A-star GCSE passes.

His sister's name is Calypso.
    I'll try it out on the weekend Loramski, and let you know how many ladies I end up bedding with this knowledge

I knew I'd seem him play somewhere but didn't go to either Coventry or Port Vale. Realised that I'd seen him play when hed gone to Newport on loan, where he wore the number 27 shirt 👍