+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnson is Prime Minister.

Johnson is Prime Minister.

The Conservative members votes went more or less two to one in his favour.

You would have thought it was impossible for a new PM to be as bad as the previous two were, but I fear this one will turn out be worse.

Re: Johnson is Prime Minister.

Though this was a good journalist summary quote ,especially the last line :

""Boris Johnson will become our next prime minister.

A sentence that might thrill you. A sentence that might horrify you. A sentence that 12 months ago even his most die-hard fans would have found hard to believe.

But it's not a sentence, unusually maybe for politics, that won't bother you either way.

Because whatever you think of Boris Johnson, he is a politician that is hard to ignore.

With a personality, and perhaps an ego, of a scale that few of his colleagues can match. This is the man who even as a child wanted to be "world king".

Now, he is the Tory king, and the Brexiteers are the court ""

I feel uplifted already, and it only been just over an hour into his leadership , I may drop off my vitamin supplement intake , if I'm feeling this good .

Scrolling around my social media for positive comments about Johnson and the only ones I can find are promises of making us 'great' again. Are the electorate that thick that they support a total buffoon simply because he promises to make a country 'great' again?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Scrolling around my social media for positive comments about Johnson and the only ones I can find are promises of making us 'great' again. Are the electorate that thick that they support a total buffoon simply because he promises to make a country 'great' again?
    Don't worry. 0.14% of the population have taken back control.
    Alternatively (and realistically) be worried. He will be unprepared for meetings, arrive late, make jokes and spout "stirring" words that don't inspire confidence/make reference to someone Greek who died thousands of years ago, leave and effectively do nothing very well indeed. Still, he is entitled to be PM as he went to Eaton. Leaving the EU without a deal (withdrawal agreement) can't happen and he knows it. Just sounds good to spout that line to win the populist vote amongst a small minority of the UK (and Conservative members abroad) who have chosen a "jolly good chap" to be PM.

Congratulations PM Johnson, now do your job and get us out!

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Congratulations PM Johnson, now do your job and get us out!
    There we have it P.M.A.

Some people feel he's a loveable rogue, some people feel he's not afraid to say what people are feeling. He's not that though, he's got no sense of morality (he supported homophobia when it was cool to do so, he's supported LGBT right when it was cool to do so and he probably doesn't give a hoot either way) and wastes money with short-sighted, egotistical decisions (garden bridge, sauna busses, water cannons) that puts us all in debt while he gets paid a huge sum for slogan filled journalism. He may turn out to be an excellent Prime Minister but his name should never have been anywhere near the list in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There we have it P.M.A.
    Positively Mental Attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Positively Mental Attitude?

I get the impression that you don't think Britain is or ever was great. Am I correct in that ?

Why all the nastiness and demeaning of people whom you disagree with ?

Is it possible for anyone to disagree with you without being thick ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I get the impression that you don't think Britain is or ever was great. Am I correct in that ?

Why all the nastiness and demeaning of people whom you disagree with ?

Is it possible for anyone to disagree with you without being thick ?
    I'm a proud Brit, lots to get annoyed about ,much more to be very proud off though .

I'm a proud Brit, lots to get annoyed about ,much more to be very proud off though .

Yes I can tell that.
    Used to be a great country but I don't know whether we'll recover at this stage.

The most important battle is that which is raging in the USA because it's the very last bastion of Liberty and opportunity of the sort we used to believe in. It's a damned close run thing too - a Battle of Britain moment in history.

If Donald Trump and the constitution can hold out then it's still possible that the tide can turn and maybe we can recover here too in time. However , there are lots of evil people and even more gullible idiots attacking him and everything we believe in with the deadly desperation of a wounded beast.

Is it Trenton or the Alamo ? I don't know, only time will tell, but we can't underestimate the danger of the enemy ,and that even includes some of the more unpleasant brainwashed drones we witness spitting out their ignorant self hating negativity right here.

That's why it's important to challenge and defeat them whenever and wherever they pop up. I find that I can't even chat about football now without these dumbed down political fanatics bush whacking me and telling me what I think so I'll stop trying to be polite or logical with them.
    They don't like my country, my culture or my people and they certainly don't like my religion, well so be it then - let's be honest, I don't much like them or their sort either .

They can't wait to meet him. I wonder why?

The cull of the cabinet is ongoing, stay tuned tonight .

11 out of 21 gone.

Dominic Raab as Foreign Secretary (hard core Brexit for wimps) and Priti Patel (the new face of hang 'em and flog 'em Toryism) as Home Secretary - two of the most right wing senior cabinet ministers in a generation or more.

Will they be loyal BoJo followers (i.e. all over the place) or has he just created a new set of problems for himself?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yes I can tell that.
    Used to be a great country but I don't know whether we'll recover at this stage.

The most important battle is that which is raging in the USA because it's the very last bastion of Liberty and opportunity of the sort we used to believe in. It's a damned close run thing too - a Battle of Britain moment in history.

If Donald Trump and the constitution can hold out then it's still possible that the tide can turn and maybe we can recover here too in time. However , there are lots of evil people and even more gullible idiots attacking him and everything we believe in with the deadly desperation of a wounded beast.

Is it Trenton or the Alamo ? I don't know, only time will tell, but we can't underestimate the danger of the enemy ,and that even includes some of the more unpleasant brainwashed drones we witness spitting out their ignorant self hating negativity right here.

That's why it's important to challenge and defeat them whenever and wherever they pop up. I find that I can't even chat about football now without these dumbed down political fanatics bush whacking me and telling me what I think so I'll stop trying to be polite or logical with them.
    They don't like my country, my culture or my people and they certainly don't like my religion, well so be it then - let's be honest, I don't much like them or their sort either .
    Will keep this short as it reads like satire. But if serious, can you tell me why Trump has scoured the phone book to hire every ex-Goldman Sachs employee and neocon he could find?

The cull of the cabinet is ongoing, stay tuned tonight .

11 out of 21 gone.

It'll take until 31 October to clear all the blood off the floor. Think it's17 now, I've lost count!

McMillan's night of the long knives is a vicarage tea party by comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Williamson isn't the new defence secretary

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Williamson isn't the new defence secretary
    He is education I think. Even Boris isn't mental enough to trust Williamson with the current Iranian situation.

Great moments in his maiden speech, as a minimum, he's bloody good entertainment .

He is very quick minded , funny moment , when he referred to his health Secretary , he turned and saw he wasn't there, he very quickly said ,, ooh he's off already to fix social care .

This is going to be fun ,nothing may happened we may end up in chaos of politics , hang on it is chaos ,lol .