+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven figure bid for Oxford's Gavin Whyte.

Seven figure bid for Oxford's Gavin Whyte.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...ional-forward/

Don't know much about him, but I like the fact that we might net a profit on him if he did well here.

Re: Seven figure bid for Oxford's Gavin Whyte.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Don't know much about him, but I like the fact that we might net a profit on him if he did well here.
    Agree with the potential but do we really need another winger? We’ve got Mendez Lang, Murphy and Hoilett. I’d rather we focus our efforts on a strengthening central midfield and getting a striker in.

Healey/Harris replacement rather Zohore I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

He's been in the news fairly recently.

Decent prospect, I hate it that these bids make the media though. Why have agents got to let slip to drum up more interest? Just can’t keep their mouths shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Decent prospect, I hate it that these bids make the media though. Why have agents got to let slip to drum up more interest? Just can’t keep their mouths shut.

Good mate of mine is an Oxford fan and they absolutely love him. He was meant to be "one for the future"when he joined them from the Irish leagues. But by all accounts he's been impressive for them straight away. My only concern is that I don't think he's the goalscorer that's our priority at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Agree with the potential but do we really need another winger? We’ve got Mendez Lang, Murphy and Hoilett. I’d rather we focus our efforts on a strengthening central midfield and getting a striker in.
    3 wingers doesn't seem enough. Is there anyone from the list you're missing?

Probably nothing, but also left out of squad tonight against Fulham.

Last season it was suggested that we were buying players in case we ended up back in the championship , but at the moment we seem to be getting in players ready for League 1

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Last season it was suggested that we were buying players in case we ended up back in the championship , but at the moment we seem to be getting in players ready for League 1
    We’ve kept that Championship quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We’ve kept that Championship quality though.
    I'd say more than that. We've largely kept a lot of Premiership quality too, but I'm increasingly getting worried that we're picking up bargain basement players when we were promised some big signings

Wanna buy a cheap football team, Guv ?

I'd say more than that. We've largely kept a lot of Premiership quality too, but I'm increasingly getting worried that we're picking up bargain basement players when we were promised some big signings
    This summer has been very underwhelming.

This lad will be decent.
    Fully expect 2 very big signings/loans but maybe at last minute.

2 of our best players from the past decade are Mark Hudson and David Marshall - not only signed from clubs in league one but clubs who had just been relegated to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    You just answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    2 of our best players from the past decade are Mark Hudson and David Marshall - not only signed from clubs in league one but clubs who had just been relegated to get there.
    Not really "from league one" then. They were both signed on the strength of their performances in the championship

That said, I've got no issues with signing good lower league talent.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    3 wingers doesn't seem enough. Is there anyone from the list you're missing?
    I don’t think there is. Bobby Reid or Tomlin could potentially play wide, Joe Bennett could play further forward or we could play 3 at the back with wing backs. Just think we should be focusing our efforts on a striker.

There has not been a bid. In fact it sounds as if there hasn't even been an enquiry from Cardiff.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/o...urs-wide-mark/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16635846

Inconclusive , but I hope that's right

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There has not been a bid. In fact it sounds as if there hasn't even been an enquiry from Cardiff.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/o...urs-wide-mark/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16635846
    Oxford don't have a board at the moment. My mate supports Oxford and he says Whyte's the best player they've had in years. Last year was his first season as a pro and he's got better and better. I really hope this is true, and in fairness to Pete O'Rourke he's pretty good when it comes to us. He was the first to link us to NML and Etheridge.

What happened to that Lowe fella from Portsmouth?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    What happened to that Lowe fella from Portsmouth?
    Still involved in Pompey pre-season. Was tipped to move to Wigan, but that has gone cool - supposedly because Wigan won't match the asking price. Also linked to Leeds, WBA and Millwall. Link to Cardiff has fallen off most of the recent 'news' reports.

International

Oxford say they have had no offers for him

I'd say it's difficult to argue that we have kept premier quality players, when we never really looked like staying up, we've lost 2 strikers in zohore or niasse, who despite their faults either would be first choice this season, and we've arguably lost our best 3 central midfielders from last season in arter, camarasa and gunnarsson