+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCFC kiosks go cashless

Re: CCFC kiosks go cashless

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    They have reworded their original website article about it now.
    I believe they have done this after certain things were pointed out to them at Wednesdays Fan & Travel meeting.

Shows, with some stadium matters, fans should always be consulted, as fans use the stadium, club officials, run the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Got to be good news. I tried to buy a pint last season with a £50. They refused to accept it. In the end I had to pay with two £20s and £10.

£50 a pint !!!!!!! What bar were you in

I'd have installed vending machines, just serving cans of cider , Mars bars and quavers for the kids, to overcome this issue.🤔

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd have installed vending machines, just serving cans of cider , Mars bars and quavers for the kids, to overcome this issue.🤔
    Kids would've had a feel day getting some dark fruits at half time with their dads credit card

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Kids would've had a feel day getting some dark fruits at half time with their dads credit card
    And the Quavers to give them a thirst. Like it. Good business plan.

Fortnight to start saving for a pint in the ground, phew, be some cutbacks in my house!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    The club have provided me with clarification on this , but have had to agree that the initial announcement was poorly worded which has led to the confusion.

The cashless facility at outlets in the ground will not be replacing cash but will be an ADDITIONAL facility , so cash will still be accepted everywhere.

Keith
    The Club website specifies that cash will be taken at some outlets which will be clearly signposted, but not at all outlets.
    Last year cashless payments could take a long time because there weren't enough 'card readers' around

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why is the method of payment which has existed for centuries now starting to be considered obsolete? Surely we haven't reached the stage where using actual money in transactions is being phased out because it's considered too expensive?
    When I went to Aus in March, I took £500 of ASD to get over the 1st couple of days, and after that ran out, never paid for anything else in cash for the rest of the holiday, I spend very little weekly, 'er' indoors puts a fiver in my wallet on Monday morning, £4 of that is for lotto on the Friday, Petrol is by card, did some shopping this morning, paid by card, was in the pub yesterday at 3.30 got home at 10.00, paid by card, I've never done the money bit in the 37 years that I've bin married and find it much more convenient to use cards, understand its not for everyone but I prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    When I went to Aus in March, I took £500 of ASD to get over the 1st couple of days, and after that ran out, never paid for anything else in cash for the rest of the holiday, I spend very little weekly, 'er' indoors puts a fiver in my wallet on Monday morning, £4 of that is for lotto on the Friday, Petrol is by card, did some shopping this morning, paid by card, was in the pub yesterday at 3.30 got home at 10.00, paid by card, I've never done the money bit in the 37 years that I've bin married and find it much more convenient to use cards, understand its not for everyone but I prefer it.
    So ‘I spend very little weekly’ isn’t true. This is the problem, you are being conned into thinking you’re spending very little. Petrol, shopping, pub mentioned, personally because I like having cash in my wallet that’s all I can spend. Paying by card all the time would take the brakes off in my case, with cash I know not to put more in the trolley, not to have the extra couple of pints, not to carry on to £25 if I overshoot £20 by a few pence on the petrol pump. Do you tot your weekly card spending up?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Bob, it's not an age thing. It's part of the remorseless march to a completely cashless society where every transaction a person makes is recorded. This and the vast numbers of cc cameras will result in a person's independence going.

StT.
    <><
    True.

How did this pan out ????

Queues seemed a BIT LONG on Saturday

The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e just gave up after 15 minutes. Only CCFC could introduce a cashless system that takes much longer

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    The queues for a pint on Saturday were diabolical w,e just gave up after 15 minutes. Only CCFC could introduce a cashless system that takes much longer
    Some kiosks in the family stand were accepting cash. I haven't got a contactless card and I find handing over the correct cash quicker than waiting for a machine to authorise after typing in a pin number.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Some kiosks in the family stand were accepting cash. I haven't got a contactless card and I find handing over the correct cash quicker than waiting for a machine to authorise after typing in a pin number.

I THANK YOU

Cash is STILL KING

In other words, your wife keeps a constant track on you. She puts a fiver in your wallet?
    Did you enjoy 'Love Island'?

You couldn't afford an affair.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Disney have had a " Magic Band " for a few years now ( they are on Mk 2 as it happens )

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.dis...o389795711.jpg

they are the size of a watch

They are your room key, cash, infact everything, you touch " Mickey to Mickey " at the park entrance or till's and you are good to go

They have a RIFD in them, so when you walk past a screen it will know your details and might say " good morning Matt " for example

with all these " pre paid Cards " ( i mentioned the Starling bank and Revoult card in another post, someone has mentioned monzo ) we really have no reason to not have a contactless card in our wallet

The amusement park of the future. Nothing could possi-blye go wrong.

Possibly wrong.

That's the first thing that's ever gone wrong

I spend very little, apart from the six hours in the pub, £500 in a couple of days on holiday, etc

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I spend very little, apart from the six hours in the pub, £500 in a couple of days on holiday, etc
    I went to Copenhagen last year , didn’t take any currency and just used my visa / contactless card everywhere!
    Which was great until you see the damage on the bank statement a couple of days later !