+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCFC kiosks go cashless

CCFC kiosks go cashless

Re: CCFC kiosks go cashless

Probably help speed the queues up. First few matches will be slow though as they explain to people.

They don't get my cash anyway.
    To expensive

A lot of German clubs have a chipped stadium card.

I am sure City could do this with the membership/season ticket cards seen as they can load them with tickets etc from the system.

The queues are a lot more rapid and the cards can be topped up at home using a cash card or at a cash point type point around the ground.
    Great idea and typically German.

Bit of a nuisance for us lot, we drink in rounds in town before & after the game at £2 a pint but because if the ridiculous prices at the ground we give the price of a pint individually to one lad who goes down five minutes before the half time whistle. More to stop sticky fingers in the till rather than speeding up matters perhaps, cash is always a temptation unfortunately. CCTV and computerised tills finished many a decent barmaid 😂😂😂😂

I send my kid when the game's on, can't do that now

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I send my kid when the game's on, can't do that now
    Just give him/her your card or phone, or you worried they will take advantage of the terrific value on confectionery

I can't remember ever getting anything from the kiosks, so it won't have effect me and yet I still find this news a little upsetting - I suppose it's an age thing.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I am sure City could do this with the membership/season ticket cards seen as they can load them with tickets etc from the system.

The queues are a lot more rapid and the cards can be topped up at home using a cash card or at a cash point type point around the ground.
    I worked at barclaycard for a few years when they were bringing in the wristband with a payment chip. I am sure that one of the early places to use it was Southampton, where they used it as the season ticket too so that fans didn’t need to bring a wallet to the game. I personally think the wearables thing is a bit daft and Apple Pay will have killed it but for specific things, like a band covering entry and payment (or say a gym membership and payment) it’s quite smart.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

The Bayern cards can only be loaded with cash at the ground, and only loaded in €5 multiples. You can't get the money off, and a pint costs about €4.20 and all balances are wiped at the end of the season. It's literally a way to make more money off fans. Perhaps you can sort it out online before but at the game, it is a real pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can't remember ever getting anything from the kiosks, so it won't have effect me and yet I still find this news a little upsetting - I suppose it's an age thing.
    Bob, it's not an age thing. It's part of the remorseless march to a completely cashless society where every transaction a person makes is recorded. This and the vast numbers of cc cameras will result in a person's independence going.

StT.
    <><

Shalke 04.....you pay for your card with cash at/outside the ground....when you leave (that day or after another game) you simply give the card back and get your unspent balance back in cash.

Loads of kiosks to deal with this. Means anyone can have a card.......I imagine groups of 13-16 year olds that go down the city together without adults may not have credit/debit cards etc

Not far for folk who dont like loading credit card debt.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Use a debit card

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    use a debit card or your phone then

What’s cash again? I think that’s the stuff I need to find to pay my window cleaner.

They’ll be an app realised soon though which means I don’t have to suffer this awkwardness though

The late film producer Aaron Russo warned what the agenda is back in 2006 when he told of his conversations with one of the Rockefeller clan. In the video below he explains that eliminating cash, and the financial privacy it affords, is a stepping stone to microchipping all humanity - the Biblical mark of the beast.

Does this tie in with us coming to the end of our contract with Compass? I may be wrong but I thought that was up this summer.

Maybe a rethink on this, after tonight’s meeting !!!!

How can a kid, on his own, buy a burger ?????

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit of a nuisance for us lot, we drink in rounds in town before & after the game at £2 a pint but because if the ridiculous prices at the ground we give the price of a pint individually to one lad who goes down five minutes before the half time whistle. More to stop sticky fingers in the till rather than speeding up matters perhaps, cash is always a temptation unfortunately. CCTV and computerised tills finished many a decent barmaid 😂😂😂😂
    I used to love to finish a barmaid 😉

Physical cash is more or less obsolete anyway. I never carry cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The late film producer Aaron Russo warned what the agenda is back in 2006 when he told of his conversations with one of the Rockefeller clan. In the video below he explains that eliminating cash, and the financial privacy it affords, is a stepping stone to microchipping all humanity - the Biblical mark of the beast.
    Does he mention the holy grail of negative interest rates, cos that's what it's really all about. No more bank runs, only spend it before you lose it! It's every governments wet dream

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Physical cash is more or less obsolete anyway. I never carry cash.
    I’m the complete opposite, I know where I am with cash in my wallet, when it’s gone I go home. Too easy placing a card on a reader, some folk must get a rude awakening on times when they realise how much they’ve spent when they aren’t using cash.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m the complete opposite, I know where I am with cash in my wallet, when it’s gone I go home. Too easy placing a card on a reader, some folk must get a rude awakening on times when they realise how much they’ve spent when they aren’t using cash.
    I agree totally, this is why so much youngsters are in so much debt. If they can physically see how much they spend, they will have second thoughts on spending 3.50 for a coffee, and 8 quid for a GnT.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Maybe a rethink on this, after tonight’s meeting !!!!

How can a kid, on his own, buy a burger ?????
    I think you’ll be surprised how many kids have cards. You only have to be 11 for a debit card.

I don’t see an issue with it but I don’t think an email would suffice. Should have been many notices around the ground before the end of the season