+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rutger Hauer

Rutger Hauer

Rutger Hauer has died - age 75.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49098435

He was in some right turkeys at times, but was brilliant in the original Blade Runner and a lot of the early Paul Verhoeven films (Soldier Of Orange, Flesh And Blood...etc).

In some ways he was getting better as he got older - and the film budgets got smaller. Sad loss.

Re: Rutger Hauer

The Hitcher is good, he was very menacing in that and I enjoyed Flesh and Blood. He did appear in a few dodgy productions over the years mind

Is this how you first took up hunting replicants ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

Is this how you first took up hunting replicants ?
    Ah... but that is the point: Roy Batty, Rachael, Leon Kowalski and Pris were 'replicants'.

They weren't 'multis'.

Equally obsessive I grant you.

Well, if you want to split hairs, they were just fictional really. I don't know whether I should tell you that because it might spoil it for you, but it's important to understand what's real and what's just in your imagination.

He was really good as the Russian soldier Sasha in Escape from Sobibor.

Well, if you want to split hairs, they were just fictional really. I don't know whether I should tell you that because it might spoil it for you, but it's important to understand what's real and what's just in your imagination.
    Philip K Dick's imagination if we're splitting hairs. But one of those rare examples of the film surpassing the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    The Hitcher is good, he was very menacing in that and I enjoyed Flesh and Blood. He did appear in a few dodgy productions over the years mind
    Menacing is the right word - I've always tended to watch even films I like and then they go to the back of my mind pretty quickly, but that film, and his performance in particular, was one where that process took quite a lot longer than normal.

Great actor. Bladerunner is in my top 10 and a lot of that is down to Roy. His death scene is one of the great movie moments.

Was he gay ?

Don't think so. He was married and had kids

Just to explain this to Jon 1959, we're talking about the actor here, not the replicant. He was only pretending to be a replicant you see Jon....... this is only going to confuse you isn't it ?

Just to explain this to Jon 1959, we're talking about the actor here, not the replicant. He was only pretending to be a replicant you see Jon....... this is only going to confuse you isn't it ?
    I have no idea what you are trying to say. But it seems you have decided to turn a thread about a dead actor with an interesting career into a discussion about your own identity on this board. Most of your recent posts have done the same. I'm more interested in other people's views about Rutger Hauer and his films. That is why I started the thread.

Oh alright then. He seemed to me to be a competent actor. I think I saw him in some knights in Armour thing in German some years back and I assumed that he was German, but it turns out that he was Dutch.