+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you change your boozer because of the Beer?

Would you change your boozer because of the Beer?

?

Re: Would you change your boozer because of the Beer?

Only if it went cashless

Depends what the beer was.

If it only sold Fosters and Carling then yes I would.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Only if it went cashless

Makes you spend too much in a pub

Birra Moretti at the New Inn, very nice

Definitely. There are a few no-go pubs in Canton which I won't use as they only serve creamflow and the like. If one of the ones I do use stopped selling real beer I'd move on.

All brains pubs stopped selling Guinness....hardly go out to pubs these days, full of old drunks......

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Definitely. There are a few no-go pubs in Canton which I won't use as they only serve creamflow and the like. If one of the ones I do use stopped selling real beer I'd move on.
    I only drink in pubs that do sell beers like creamflow. I have been working all over the country for years and with keg beers at least you know exactly what you're getting.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    All brains pubs stopped selling Guinness....hardly go out to pubs these days, full of old drunks......
    That was because the brought out their 'black' so-cslled equivalent and nobody was buying it. I wonder why?

Great response from The Bloop it's an insult to decent beers to mention Fosters and Carling .

Bloody chemically created drinks viewed as beers and even allowed to sit alongside other beer taps ,is criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I only drink in pubs that do sell beers like creamflow. I have been working all over the country for years and with keg beers at least you know exactly what you're getting.
    Oh I agree you know what you are getting

International

Oh I agree you know what you are getting
    lol it may be pish but at least its consistent pish

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    lol it may be pish but at least its consistent pish

Am I missing something yer,what does cream flow differ from in terms of beer ,I like craft ales never tried a creamy one

Yes.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If it only sold Fosters and Carling then yes I would.
    I second both posts.

Real, hand-pumped ale or I ain't avin it!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I second both posts.

Real, hand-pumped ale or I ain't avin it!
    I enjoy trying different stuff. If theres something for sale I've never tried before I'll have that. Micro breweries / craft ale brewers need support and I'm more than happy to help them out.

Yes but never had to. I've had the good fortune over the years to live near pubs serving very acceptable pints.

So what's the story behind the question Nelson?

So what's the story behind the question Nelson?
    Nothing sinister

I've been having a sup in the three arches for going on 28 years but have recently favoured the New Inn because they serve Birra Moretti, it's a longer walk home prolly 4x the distance but I do find Moretti an enjoyable drink, drink Peroni in the Arches.

For many years I’d drink at the Griffin in Lisvane when in Kairdiff but now it’s Green King which is not beer imho.

When you can buy 500ml of different craft ales for between £1.20-£1.50 who wants to go to a crap pub and pay upwards of £4.50 a pint for p1ss! Stupid prices round here in the Thames Valley. Best pub is the Nag’s Head, Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Nothing sinister

I've been having a sup in the three arches for going on 28 years but have recently favoured the New Inn because they serve Birra Moretti, it's a longer walk home prolly 4x the distance but I do find Moretti an enjoyable drink, drink Peroni in the Arches.
    The arches is just a big restaurant now, remember when it had three bars (what seemed like it) the old tory duffers at one end, the loonies from the estate and the crystals at the other and semi normal people in between. I've only been in the New Inn twice and on each occassion somebody has wanted to fight me! Do you get in the Birch at all? can't say that i like that place, the Landlord has his favourites who stand at the bar blocking evertone who wants to get served even though there's loads of spare tables and seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The arches is just a big restaurant now, remember when it had three bars (what seemed like it) the old tory duffers at one end, the loonies from the estate and the crystals at the other and semi normal people in between. I've only been in the New Inn twice and on each occassion somebody has wanted to fight me! Do you get in the Birch at all? can't say that i like that place, the Landlord has his favourites who stand at the bar blocking evertone who wants to get served even though there's loads of spare tables and seats.
    Doris works across the road from the Birch, she finishes at 14.00 on Fridays so we go out for a beer early, not fussed with the Birch only go in there to watch some sport when they put the big screen on, with the weather at the moment we like to sit outside the new inn for a few pints then go inside around 18.00 for a bite to eat, it has been lively on occasions but have managed to avoid getting into any bother with anyone although we did move location in the pub last week as it was getting a bit boisterous where we were sat, they have a band on sometimes as well, I think the worst pub I've come across for standing at the bar making getting a beer a challenge is the butchers in Rhiwbina.

My favourite beer is double hopped Proper Job , it's a top ale, very strong .

Then Erdinger ,Estrella,
    followed by the American ales Shipyard and Goose , unfortunately very dear to comsume in big quantities .

To be fair Wetherspoon's can serve some decent craft ales at excellent price , around three bucks range .