+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deja Vu re signings

Deja Vu re signings

We headed into the Premiership underwhelmed by our summer signings and here we are again.

Last year it was to some degree explained by a strategy to avoid spend and bust based on our chances of survival. Some would say that was sensible, others that it was self fulfilling. The outcome was that we were close to survival but not close enough. What might have been?
    Players and agents might also have been less than enthusiastic about joining us given the above.

This season our strategy is supposedly promotion and as things stand we are still short of strikers who we are confident will score goals and of a creative midfielder known to be good enough to do the job at this level.

I suspect some players and agents remain less than enthusiastic about joining us. They don’t see us as forerunners and
    aside from having their own views on Marmite NW know that his time is limited. I understand that the mercenary won’t care about that but they are not necessarily the players that we want.

I had hoped for a new manager this season to create a new momentum, a new drive. I understood the club sticking with NW and see the sense in doing so.

But todate I don’t get the feeling that we are going into this season with the momentum that will achieve promotion or even challenge for it. I hope I am wrong.

Will clubs view playing us an easier task than Fulham and Huddersfield or say Leeds and Derby? I think they will.

Ultimately the points on the board will answer most questions.

Re: Deja Vu re signings

Difficult to disagree with any of that. I think you sum up the situation very well.

I think we are awful in the transfer market when money needs to be spent.

With around two weeks to go in a summer where the club went to the US for their pre season tour (their choice of course) we let what many believe to be our main striker leave without being close to finding a replacement. It is baffling.

Meanwhile we are close to signing yet another winger to add to the number already at the club. Could the time negotiating for players to bolster already strong positions within our squad be used to act on our depleted midfield and striker positions?

One bad summer under the recruitment people at the club is bad but we've had about three on the bounce now.
    A summer of doing diddly squat followed by hard luck stories and a suggestion that we are waiting on other clubs prior to doing our business.

Frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

With around two weeks to go in a summer where the club went to the US for their pre season tour (their choice of course) we let what many believe to be our main striker leave without being close to finding a replacement. It is baffling.

Meanwhile we are close to signing yet another winger to add to the number already at the club. Could the time negotiating for players to bolster already strong positions within our squad be used to act on our depleted midfield and striker positions?

One bad summer under the recruitment people at the club is bad but we've had about three on the bounce now.
    A summer of doing diddly squat followed by hard luck stories and a suggestion that we are waiting on other clubs prior to doing our business.

Both yours and BLUAWAY's are good posts. I feel that both our striker and midfielder (if in fact we do sign anyone! ) will now need to be marquee signings, in order to go straight into the team for Saturday's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Both yours and BLUAWAY's are good posts. I feel that both our striker and midfielder (if in fact we do sign anyone! ) will now need to be marquee signings, in order to go straight into the team for Saturday's game.
    I've been expecting a decent signing up top and a few in middle since the window opened given the fact we knew we would be losing Artur, Gunnar and Victor but all we have at present is Vaulks. I know we are playing in a league below but we're a lot weaker in there. I did not go to the Nice game but they had the ball for large periods apparently and it is no surprise. It seems to be a characteristic of a Warnock team to give up the lion's share of possession game after game. If we actually kept the thing who knows how much that would improve us.

We have known we need a striker for a ridiculous amount of time now and I know that we had torrid luck with Sala but it still doesn't excuse not actively getting deals over the line this summer. Even moreso now Zohore has been let go.

I've been expecting a decent signing up top and a few in middle since the window opened given the fact we knew we would be losing Artur, Gunnar and Victor but all we have at present is Vaulks. I know we are playing in a league below but we're a lot weaker in there. I did not go to the Nice game but they had the ball for large periods apparently and it is no surprise. It seems to be a characteristic of a Warnock team to give up the lion's share of possession game after game. If we actually kept the thing who knows how much that would improve us.

We have known we need a striker for a ridiculous amount of time now and I know that we had torrid luck with Sala but it still doesn't excuse not actively getting deals over the line this summer. Even moreso now Zohore has been let go.
    We are singing from the same hymn sheet.

That number being three. If Warnock has a preference for attacking down the wings then you'd expect him to have four wingers in the squad just to cover for any injury or drop in form. Compare to four players who can play at the base of midfield with one new signing who has been tried their in pre-season but is predominately a CB. Not replacing Zohore is a concern, at the moment.

Let me explain how dumb the people running this club is... We have our banker going on record saying they learned a lesson leaving it to late. They now have to plan ahead. Then Camarasa, Gunnarson and that little fella from Bournemouth came as a surprise not being at the club anymore. And the extremely difficult transfer market won once again 😂 Muppets.. Then they sell Zahore and Manga. What the actual feck!?? #warnockout

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Let me explain how dumb the people running this club is... We have our banker going on record saying they learned a lesson leaving it to late. They now have to plan ahead. Then Camarasa, Gunnarson and that little fella from Bournemouth came as a surprise not being at the club anymore. And the extremely difficult transfer market won once again 😂 Muppets.. Then they sell Zahore and Manga. What the actual feck!?? #warnockout
    Why are you pointing the finger at Warnock moreso than the other three on the transfer committee?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Why are you pointing the finger at Warnock moreso than the other three on the transfer committee?
    I'm not. Warnock is a dinosaur, but he would have picket out his tranfers by June. If the bankmans quotes are right. And if so, they failed in all aspects. Again..

Bloody hell! we are a moaning lot aren't we? have a bit of faith ffs 2 weeks to go yet!

It's a worry of course but as I see it we :
    Lost Ken (who let's be fair was not scoring and going backwards ever since the alleged 17 million Brighton bid )
    Lost Gunnerson ( who at times was seen as some as fading anyway and injured a lot,Vaulks replaces him ?)

Lost Arter ( he was thought soley to play in Premiership, Tomlin perhaps replaces him ? )

Victor(as Arter ,no replacement do we need Victor type skills in the rough and tumble of the Championship ? )

Manga ( is the only loss that effects our Championship need ,but Flint is very able replacement)

Cunningham, Bacuna , Bennett ,Ralls ,NML, Reid ,Pelts ,Murhpy , Ward will be so much better in this league, than they were last year where they looked out of depth .

3 good goalies

I think it's a better squad than we had when we went up last time .

Couple of signings up front in midfield would place us in a very nice spot.

Warnock is not a dinosaur, he' s a very capable experienced manager . He does though suffer from poor scouting, measured investment, no real financial muscle to get deals over the line .

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Bloody hell! we are a moaning lot aren't we? have a bit of faith ffs 2 weeks to go yet!
    Dejavu right there 😂

If one of our targets come off it'll def be deja vu...!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's a worry of course but as I see it we :
    Lost Ken (who let's be fair was not scoring and going backwards ever since the alleged 17 million Brighton bid )
    Lost Gunnerson ( who at times was seen as some as fading anyway and injured a lot,Vaulks replaces him ?)

Lost Arter ( he was thought soley to play in Premiership, Tomlin perhaps replaces him ? )

Victor(as Arter ,no replacement do we need Victor type skills in the rough and tumble of the Championship ? )

Manga ( is the only loss that effects our Championship need ,but Flint is very able replacement)

Cunningham, Bacuna , Bennett ,Ralls ,NML, Reid ,Pelts ,Murhpy , Ward will be so much better in this league, than they were last year where they looked out of depth .

3 good goalies

I think it's a better squad than we had when we went up last time .

Couple of signings up front in midfield would place us in a very nice spot.

Warnock is not a dinosaur, he' s a very capable experienced manager . He does though suffer from poor scouting, measured investment, no real financial muscle to get deals over the line .
    This is how sure I am Warnock being an idiot an a dinosaur! I’ll bet you 100£ Cardiff will not finish above 8 place! Up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    This is how sure I am Warnock being an idiot an a dinosaur! I’ll bet you 100£ Cardiff will not finish above 8 place! Up for it?
    There is no need for anyone to take that offer. The satisfaction of knowing that you have been proved to be an idiot again on here by your own words will be payment enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    This is what I have been saying on here for the last four years.

Its really easy finding a good striker nowadays isnt it. Thats assuming that the club he is already at wants to sell and the player wants to come here in the first place. How much do you want us to pay out - £20m, £30m ? Give us a list of the players that you think would be good enough. Then tell us how we are going to force his club to sell him and pursuade him to come here. Its all a load of hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There is no need for anyone to take that offer. The satisfaction of knowing that you have been proved to be an idiot again on here by your own words will be payment enough.
    I’ve been dead on for a few years now. So if your defense mechanism makes me the idiot, and give you any satisfaction, so be it.

Exactly. What was your point again? 🤔

What were you saying before that��

Its really easy finding a good striker nowadays isnt it. Thats assuming that the club he is already at wants to sell and the player wants to come here in the first place. How much do you want us to pay out - £20m, £30m ? Give us a list of the players that you think would be good enough. Then tell us how we are going to force his club to sell him and pursuade him to come here. Its all a load of hot air.
    Nobody is saying it is easy.
    That doesn’t change the fact that some fans might feel underwhelmed by our signings.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    If one of our targets come off it'll def be deja vu...!
    Fek, it’s not Rudy is it?

Nobody is saying pay 20-30m are they? Where did you get that from?

If it was that difficult then nobody would sign any would they? We know it is difficult to sign a striker but we fail time and again. How long have we needed one for now?

As for players who want to come here, maybe somebody who wants a tilt at a promotion?

Do you suggest we don't go for anybody? You haven't said that but if we're putting words in people's mouths I might as well be as ridiculous as you have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Fek, it’s not Rudy is it?
    No ,no ,no its a French striker called Freddie Defbedejavu , his strike pattern is very similar each time he enters the box ,its like he's already seen the move, and repeats over and over again