+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Arter?

Harry Arter?

Rumours. We are looking to resign him. Cant see it myself, but what do i know?

Re: Harry Arter?

I’d love it if we could get him back, would be great at this level

If we give him the money , he will come I'm sure .

Would be great in the Championship and put us in the driving seat .

Are we waiting this out .

I thought he would go to Fulham , think he a London boy ,probably doesn't want up up sticks to the blades , perhaps the Canaries or Brighton ,that puts him in a relegation battle again though ? , so why not us ,who else does who he fit ?

According to this, having a medical.

https://twitter.com/tombarclay_/stat...758233089?s=21

In 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    According to this, having a medical.

https://twitter.com/tombarclay_/stat...758233089?s=21

In 2018
    And this one

https://twitter.com/NotOfficialCCFC/...449012224?s=19

I'd love him to sign. I miss his 25 yarders into the top row of the family stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd love him to sign. I miss his 25 yarders into the top row of the family stand.
    Tom Barclay on Twitter now saying we definitely are interested in Arter...

https://twitter.com/tombarclay_/status/1155599094150258688

Tom Barclay
    @TomBarclay_
    · 2h
    Few people seem to be retweeting my Harry Arter to Cardiff tweet from LAST summer. As far as I'm aware, it's just Sheff Utd, Stoke and Fulham interested this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Tom Barclay
    @TomBarclay_
    · 2h
    Few people seem to be retweeting my Harry Arter to Cardiff tweet from LAST summer. As far as I'm aware, it's just Sheff Utd, Stoke and Fulham interested this summer
    https://twitter.com/TomBarclay_/stat...150258688?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Hes on the right page now, finally .

Interest is strong, perm deal. If Sheff interest is genuine could chuck a spanner in the works.

His brother in law manages Fulham. Could swing it. If the living in Fulham didn’t already swing it.

I think this would be a coup for a Championship side to get him. I would still like another centre mid and a striker as well though if we are serious about going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    His brother in law manages Fulham. Could swing it. If the living in Fulham didn’t already swing it.
    Being managed by your brother in law could go very wrong couldn’t it... not sure if it’s a good idea

But yeah there seems a few better options for him. Particularly location and finances wise

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Being managed by your brother in law could go very wrong couldn’t it... not sure if it’s a good idea

But yeah there seems a few better options for him. Particularly location and finances wise
    imagine the barbeque fighting and Xmas dinner spats ,come on Hairy Artery , come be a god at the City , not a cosmetic add on at Fulham ,we will only end up doing em up like a kipper , as we did last time .

I think his wife in!sists on living in London near her family following the tragic death of their child, and that's the sticking point .
    You can't object to that, but she put up with him travelling last year so maybe the money would help.
    Fulham will only do a loan and Bournemouth want an £8m permanent move. He'd be worth that money.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think his wife in!sists on living in London near her family following the tragic death of their child, and that's the sticking point .
    You can't object to that, but she put up with him travelling last year so maybe the money would help.
    Fulham will only do a loan and Bournemouth want an £8m permanent move. He'd be worth that money.
    The £40k a week would be a problem.

Well I'm not sure whether he'd get that anywhere, but in my opinion he'd be worth it to us.
    It's looking just a little bit more possible and it'd be a great thing

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Hes on the right page now, finally .

Interest is strong, perm deal. If Sheff interest is genuine could chuck a spanner in the works.
    Eventually I get something right. Law of averages I guess!
    😛

Yea just can't see this being permanent given transfer fee and more importantly wages. Would love to be wrong, think he would be a valuable player, even more so this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The £40k a week would be a problem.
    Not if Bournemouth pay a bit, we pay most of it and maybe a bonus if we go up.....

I thought he was great for most of last season and would be good to have him. However, apart from Tomlin, should he be kept, (and with Warnock’s recent comments I am not entirely sure he will be) we don’t have anyone who is truly gifted at threading a pass. We need to spend some money on the more creative sort, I feel.

Two-footed genius

Part of the motivation to look at this was the search for that most elusive of player: a two footed genius, for which every pass is a decision made by the unconscious mind and for whom the balance of footedness is entirely natural. To my surprise, it turns out that idyllic vision is inhabited currently by just one player in the Premier League, Cardiff’s Harry Arter:

We’ll see some different scales on these as we go along so stay alert, but here we can see that although Arter doesn’t make a ton of passes (around 25 per 90), there’s a fair split between each foot. He also completes passes at the highest rate for his team at 78%. No player in the league comes close to his 48% : 52%, left to right split (sounds familiar…) and his range of mid to long passes forward with either foot have been a useful pressure release as Cardiff looked to remain in the Premier League this season.

https://statsbomb.com/2019/04/pass-f...remier-league/