+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boris tops poll in Wales really ??

Boris tops poll in Wales really ??

Boris Johnson's Conservatives top 'extraordinary' opinion poll in Wales as Labour support plummets to lowest ever level.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bori...19-7?r=US&IR=T

Re: Boris tops poll in Wales really ??

Every bookmaker out there, apart from one I've never heard of, make 2019 odds-on fave for the year of the next General Election. This Johnson love-in increases the chances of a poll before October 31st.

The Tories had a 10 point lead in Wales in April 2017, this isn't as astonishing as being made out

The Labour manifesto will include £10 an hour minimum for over 18s and pension age drop to 63 or even lower,Student loans scrapped.
    People will vote on their financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    The Labour manifesto will include £10 an hour minimum for over 18s and pension age drop to 63 or even lower,Student loans scrapped.
    People will vote on their financial situation.
    Yes we saw that in last election with the triple lock pension issue , as you say sometimes it's bugger all to do with politcs and just me me me .

If Labour do promise on student loans this time best they fund and see it through it got backtracked last time .

Like Boris thier spending promises are in the worrying trillions.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes we saw that in last election with the triple lock pension issue , as you say sometimes it's bugger all to do with politcs and just me me me .

If Labour do promise on student loans this time best they fund and see it through it got backtracked last time .

Like Boris thier spending promises are in the worrying trillions.
    It didn't get backtracked at all. They just didn't seem to have thought through whether the fee free further education would be backdated (and if so how the feck they would do that). I think the current system is shit and a complete fee free system would be shit (now that there are so many degrees that are practically no use to the wider country). We should be using the fee system to funnel youngsters towards the kind of things we want them to learn.

You are right about one thing though, people vote based on self interest (and often they get it completely wrong not taking into account every potential change to their circumstances).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It didn't get backtracked at all. They just didn't seem to have thought through whether the fee free further education would be backdated (and if so how the feck they would do that). I think the current system is shit and a complete fee free system would be shit (now that there are so many degrees that are practically no use to the wider country). We should be using the fee system to funnel youngsters towards the kind of things we want them to learn.

You are right about one thing though, people vote based on self interest (and often they get it completely wrong not taking into account every potential change to their circumstances).

The last two sentences can apply to Welsh Farmers and Brexit....