+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oli McBurnie

Oli McBurnie

looks like hes going to end up at Sheffield Utd for around £15m.

Worth a cheeky last minute bid just to annoy the jacks?

Re: Oli McBurnie

I think it shows the cost, one excellent season. Not sure who we are supposed to sign, think it has to be one or two punts on overseas players. Hope one works out.

The yanks will be buzzing even more, strange the debts are still the same mind......hello league 1

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think it shows the cost, one excellent season. Not sure who we are supposed to sign, think it has to be one or two punts on overseas players. Hope one works out.
    Blades should be worried

Summer 2019

Luke Freeman from Queens Park Rangers
    Phil Jagielka from Everton 36 now ??
    Ravel Morrison From Ostersunds FK ?????????????
    Lys Mousset From Bournemouth
    Ben Osborn From Nottingham Forest
    Callum Robinson From Preston North End

Not very inspiring , could be deemed as half decent top end Championship players , some may even struggle to get into some sides in our league

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Lee View Post
    looks like hes going to end up at Sheffield Utd for around £15m.

Worth a cheeky last minute bid just to annoy the jacks?
    I thought it was going to be "easy" when he played us for the Jacks

I can't see where their goals are gong to come from with James and McBurnie gone

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Blades should be worried

Summer 2019

Luke Freeman from Queens Park Rangers
    Phil Jagielka from Everton 36 now ??
    Ravel Morrison From Ostersunds FK ?????????????
    Lys Mousset From Bournemouth
    Ben Osborn From Nottingham Forest
    Callum Robinson From Preston North End

Not very inspiring , could be deemed as half decent top end Championship players , some may even struggle to get into some sides in our league
    Sheffield United went up with what many would describe as a League One team, arguably much like ourselves, and seem to be relying on playing style rather than big names, arguably much like the Jacks in that first year, to keep them up. I don't think they're that worried.

Seems as if Jacks are determined to get things right off the pitch, and to ease any pressure on their young team by starting from League One in a similar way to Roberto Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Sheffield United went up with what many would describe as a League One team, arguably much like ourselves, and seem to be relying on playing style rather than big names, arguably much like the Jacks in that first year, to keep them up. I don't think they're that worried.

Seems as if Jacks are determined to get things right off the pitch, and to ease any pressure on their young team by starting from League One in a similar way to Roberto Martinez.
    The jacks have a very good young dynamic team and unfortunately are going to be up there this season - whether their squad depth is there I'm not so sure about

£20m for McBurnie is bloody lunacy though - he's alright and is pretty mobile but he's not exactly polished! They'd be mad to turn that kind of money down as he's no better (or worse) than Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    The jacks have a very good young dynamic team and unfortunately are going to be up there this season - whether their squad depth is there I'm not so sure about

£20m for McBurnie is bloody lunacy though - he's alright and is pretty mobile but he's not exactly polished! They'd be mad to turn that kind of money down as he's no better (or worse) than Zohore
    He scored as many goals last season as Zohore did in his entire time with us

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

I think the same.

Their squad looks a bit thin now though and if McBurnie goes then who plays up front ?

£20m is ridiculous- he looks good with the Jacks as they create a lot of chances, but I just can’t see him doing anything in the prem. He’s not quick , skilful or particularly good in the air and for a team who are going to struggle it’s not really enough to be a poacher as you don’t get many chances and need to be able to make your own.

If it sorts their financial issues it’s a good move for them.
    Might even allow them to bring a couple of players in, if it’s not too late.

The £20m might be heavily loaded with add ons mind and that may be why it’s taking so long to sort

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think the same.

Their squad looks a bit thin now though and if McBurnie goes then who plays up front ?

£20m is ridiculous- he looks good with the Jacks as they create a lot of chances, but I just can’t see him doing anything in the prem. He’s not quick , skilful or particularly good in the air and for a team who are going to struggle it’s not really enough to be a poacher as you don’t get many chances and need to be able to make your own.

If it sorts their financial issues it’s a good move for them.
    Might even allow them to bring a couple of players in, if it’s not too late.

The £20m might be heavily loaded with add ons mind and that may be why it’s taking so long to sort
    He is not a £20m player

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He is not a £20m player
    Also the Jacks are not a very good young dynamic team. Mid table Championship outfit with Dan James. Hes gone and McBurnie will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Also the Jacks are not a very good young dynamic team. Mid table Championship outfit with Dan James. Hes gone and McBurnie will follow.
    Not only those 2, Matt Grimes is also now a target for another Championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agreed, McBurnie aside I think only Grimes and Roberts get into our team

Runs around like he's got a broom handle up his arse!
    Freak.

A young dynamic team? Really?

£17 Million plus add on's