+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 million on Brexit advertising

100 million on Brexit advertising

Gets better this Brexit lark doesn’t it
    https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/bori...zWOsRTKwea3vUA

No downsides only sunlit uplands 😂😂😉

Re: 100 million on Brexit advertising

Wales gets 100, scotland gets 100, northern ireland gets 100 and everybody collectively gets 100 worth of bullshit propaganda shoved down their throats offline and online.

Maybe this is the kick up the arse that the Tory rebels need.

I think we might have reached a turning point with Boris.

People never liked the messages of doom from Project Fear or they'd have voted for them in the referrendum , and no one expected them to go on and on after the music stopped for three years.

It's great to hear a bit of optimism and self belief from a Prime Minister actually

A particularly manic-looking Adam Price there!

Great seeing Remoaners squirm as Halloween looms large.

Today Britain took the lead in the currency devaluation war to the bottom. Soon the usual crew will bemoan that a pint of piss in Benidorm will cost a few percent more.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Great seeing Remoaners squirm as Halloween looms large.

Today Britain took the lead in the currency devaluation war to the bottom. Soon the usual crew will bemoan that a pint of piss in Benidorm will cost a few percent more.
    Whilst the same dull ***** will be eulogising leaving the EU and unaware of the irony of living an ‘ex pat’ in an EU country.

Nobody in government will say it but Britain is winning the the race to devalue its currency versus competitors and is what the state wants. A weaker pound helps exports of course but imports will cost more and as Britain imports more goods from the EU than it exports to it we pay more for goods and for foreign hols. Overall it's a negative.

When I was a kid five bob (25 pence) was often referred to as a dollar by older people due to when a pound was worth 4 dollars. Today the same pound is worth 1.22.

Nobody in government will say it but Britain is winning the the race to devalue its currency versus competitors and is what the state wants. A weaker pound helps exports of course but imports will cost more and as Britain imports more goods from the EU than it exports to it we pay more for goods and for foreign hols. Overall it's a negative.

When I was a kid five bob (25 pence) was often referred to as a dollar by older people due to when a pound was worth 4 dollars. Today the same pound is worth 1.22.
    I've never been quite clear on your logic, despite you repeating this once a week. Why is Britain secretly so keen to crash it's currency?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I've never been quite clear on your logic, despite you repeating this once a week. Why is Britain secretly so keen to crash it's currency?
    Because of the globalist communist banker conspiracy

Do keep up

One way Britain is trashing its currency is by leaving the EU.

But Organ wants that.

I guess he likes pain.

Should Britain leave for real in a clean break there'd very likely be some short term pain before a glorious new era dawns.

It's called competitive devaluation. Your crash remark is a deliberate misinterpretation of what I wrote.

As stated in another recent post, all's required to return the pound's value versus the euro and US dollar to what it was before the Brexit vote in 2016 is to normalise the BoE base rate... increase it from its current 0.75% to 2% which is where CPI inflation is at then watch those chasing yield pile in. They won't because they prefer to continue to punish savers and reward debtors.

It's called competitive devaluation. Your crash remark is a deliberate misinterpretation of what I wrote.

As stated in another recent post, all's required to return the pound's value versus the euro and US dollar to what it was before the Brexit vote in 2016 is to normalise the BoE base rate... increase it from its current 0.75% to 2% which is where CPI inflation is at then watch those chasing yield pile in. They won't because they prefer to continue to punish savers and reward debtors.
    Why is Britain so keen to competitively devalue its currency? That was my question.

Exports. Said so in post 7 of this thread.

Exports. Said so in post 7 of this thread.
    Let me get this straight. You're saying that a country that has seen pretty much all its manufacturing industries shrink over the last few decades is purposely devaluing it's currency in order to help exports?

Let me get this straight. You're saying that a country that has seen pretty much all its manufacturing industries shrink over the last few decades is purposely devaluing it's currency in order to help exports?
    Well yes if the value is £616 billion

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well yes if the value is £616 billion
    Given that Lardy clearly referenced the export contribution of the UK's manufacturing industries what do you think the £616 billion value represents?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Given that Lardy clearly referenced the export contribution of the UK's manufacturing industries what do you think the £616 billion value represents?
    Our biggest export is fuel and Tthere is a manufacturing process for "synthetic fuel gases" (also known as "manufactured fuel gas", "manufactured gas" or simply "gas") typically consisted of the gasification of combustible materials, usually coal, but also wood and oil.

I'm sorry lifeonmars, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Our biggest export is fuel and Tthere is a manufacturing process for "synthetic fuel gases" (also known as "manufactured fuel gas", "manufactured gas" or simply "gas") typically consisted of the gasification of combustible materials, usually coal, but also wood and oil.
    Probably need a dualingo course to best understand what you are talking about. In the meantime I understand that we had £616b of exports of goods and services worldwide in 2017 of which £339b were goods. As you seem to be pointing out about 12% (the largest element) were petroleum products (essentially residual reserves of North Sea oil).

Lardy's key point was that manufacturing (a proportion of the more general classification, goods) would be an odd basis on which to trigger the kind of currency devaluation we have seen since 2016.

Even more so when you look at the no deal scenario being touted by your latest heroes since St Theresa fled the scene. The overall benefit of our devalued currency to our manufacturing base is something along the lines of:

+ benefit of weaker £ - increased cost of any imported parts or raw materials - WTO tariffs applicable to importing country - WTO tariffs applicable on any imported parts or raw materials - increased customs/administration/border/transport delay costs.

Obviously this is just manufacturing. The services industry that along with non-manufactured goods makes up the rest of the £616b figure you bandied about has to manage the loss of financial passporting rights to the EU sector happening in 12 weeks time.

The Yanks embarked on an interest rate cut yesterday, its first for 10 years, in an attempt to weaken its currency but instead its value increased as the markets had expected and priced in a bigger cut. Trump had urged them to do more than they did and he didn't take long to tweet his anger and disappointment. All currencies are intrinsically worthless. The US dollar, due to its world reserve status, is the best smelling turd in the toilet bowl but one day after faith is lost in the others by way of hyperinflation it too will perish when a million of them will be required to purchase a tin of beans.

Germany endured the most infamous bout of hyperinflation that begun a century ago. Adam Fergusson's book - When Money Dies: The Nightmare of the Weimar Collapse - that documents the period is the most comprehensive. There's some handy tips within it for those seeking to protect their wealth. It can be read or downloaded for nowt here: http://socioline.ru/files/5/315/when%20money%20dies.pdf

The Yanks embarked on an interest rate cut yesterday, its first for 10 years, in an attempt to weaken its currency but instead its value increased as the markets had expected and priced in a bigger cut. Trump had urged them to do more than they did and he didn't take long to tweet his anger and disappointment. All currencies are intrinsically worthless. The US dollar, due to its world reserve status, is the best smelling turd in the toilet bowl but one day after faith is lost in the others by way of hyperinflation it too will perish when a million of them will be required to purchase a tin of beans.

Germany endured the most infamous bout of hyperinflation that begun a century ago. Adam Fergusson's book - When Money Dies: The Nightmare of the Weimar Collapse - that documents the period is the most comprehensive. There's some handy tips within it for those seeking to protect their wealth. It can be read or downloaded for nowt here: http://socioline.ru/files/5/315/when%20money%20dies.pdf
    I expect I'll get a similar nonsense reply that you'll refuse to elaborate on (for obvious reasons), but why is the US attempting to weaken its currency?

You may wish to refer to the remarks made by Federal Reserve Chairman which he made yesterday at a press conference for an insight into what their official reasoning is. You had my take in the post directly before yours.

You may wish to refer to the remarks made by Federal Reserve Chairman which he made yesterday at a press conference for an insight into what their official reasoning is. You had my take in the post directly before yours.
    Your views didn't include "why". Is it groundhog day?

Startling chart below that demonstrates how crazy and perilous the world's financial system is beyond the shop windows of stock markets in major economies many of which are at or near all-time highs thanks to all kinds of machinations such as stock buybacks (and ever more debt, of course) that's designed to give the misleading appearance that all is well. It shows there's now $14 trillion of negative yielding debt today when there was nil, zilch, nada, feck all just six years ago. It means as an example pension funds and the like purchasing German debt are paying 1.02 euros to get 1 euro in return. In other words they are guaranteed to lose money. Why? Because they are more concerned about the return of most of their money instead of getting a return on top of the money they've loaned.