+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stoke supposedly want £20m+ for Butland. We are supposedly willing to sell Etheridge for £8

Stoke supposedly want £20m+ for Butland. We are supposedly willing to sell Etheridge for £8

Assuming the figures to be right does that make sense?
    We read that Villa have been rebuffed by Stoke and now want Etheridge.
    I say take it to the last hour of the transfer window and make them pay a lot more or not at all.
    IMO selling NE for £8m seems too little.

Re: Stoke supposedly want £20m+ for Butland. We are supposedly willing to sell Etheridge for £8

Where’s it come from that we are considering £8m??

Re: Stoke supposedly want £20m+ for Butland. We are supposedly willing to sell Etheridge for £8

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Assuming the figures to be right does that make sense?
    We read that Villa have been rebuffed by Stoke and now want Etheridge.
    I say take it to the last hour of the transfer window and make them pay a lot more or not at all.
    IMO selling NE for £8m seems too little.
    I agree totally, the only thing Butland has in his favour is that he's 3 years younger. He's never fulfilled the early hype from his Birmingham days. I can't see a single thing that makes Butland worth 3x Neil's valuation. Personally, I think it's a barometer on our intent, he has to stay (unless Villa offer 20M+)

Barometer of our intent... is the intent now to sell assets, bank parachute payments, profit and sell the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Barometer of our intent... is the intent now to sell assets, bank parachute payments, profit and sell the club?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I agree totally, the only thing Butland has in his favour is that he's 3 years younger. He's never fulfilled the early hype from his Birmingham days. I can't see a single thing that makes Butland worth 3x Neil's valuation. Personally, I think it's a barometer on our intent, he has to stay (unless Villa offer 20M+)
    Twice as long as Etheridge in the Premier League.
    International career in Europe and travelled to the World Cup.
    English.

Arguably two out of the three shouldn't matter but we all know they do.

I’m sure we turned £8m down.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we sold him if an offer over £10 maybe £12m came in

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Mmmmm nope

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

yes 12 is the number for me

Club says we didn’t get a £ offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Butland is an England international, we all know they go for far more than they should

Warnock says we haven't had any bids. I believe him over third hand agent talk.

That was the story a couple of months ago, but City denied it at the time - I think you're probably right about the sort of fee we'd sell for though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That was the story a couple of months ago, but City denied it at the time - I think you're probably right about the sort of fee we'd sell for though.
    Who knows what to believe these days 😂