+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bale in a bit of a state after China deal collapses...

Bale in a bit of a state after China deal collapses...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49156850

I'm a bit concerned about our boy...I think he needs to realise he's had a fabulous career and is adored by millions around the world.

Pick any club you like, Gareth, put your boots on and go play football, you'll be fine

Re: Bale in a bit of a state after China deal collapses...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49156850

I'm a bit concerned about our boy...I think he needs to realise he's had a fabulous career and is adored by millions around the world.

Pick any club you like, Gareth, put your boots on and go play football, you'll be fine
    It's probably not that easy though, Madrid will want a certain amount for him. He probably got himself well up for a move to China and now he's faced with another season at a club where it seems nobody likes him, not least the manager and fans.

China Crisis

They want a fee and they want him gone, they they they.....he should sit it out and play golf for a year.

Aw bless him. Bury FC don't know how lucky they are ...

Yeah hard to feel sorry for a guy earning £650000 a week playing professional football for a living. Real Madrid are well within their rights to demand a fee for him. The Chinese club were taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Yeah hard to feel sorry for a guy earning £650000 a week playing professional football for a living. Real Madrid are well within their rights to demand a fee for him. The Chinese club were taking the piss.
    We are such a sophisticated bunch aren’t we? When will we realise that having oodles of money must mean we are happy?

Bale isn’t exempt from criticism. He has been in Spain six years and not learnt the language. Can you imagine a player from Spain coming here and not be able to speak English after six years

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Bale isn’t exempt from criticism. He has been in Spain six years and not learnt the language. Can you imagine a player from Spain coming here and not be able to speak English after six years
    Sergio Aguero springs to mind and the man city fans don't seem too bothered. Though I actually agree with your point as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Sergio Aguero springs to mind and the man city fans don't seem too bothered. Though I actually agree with your point as well!!
    Antonio Valencia was Man Utd captain and doesn't speak a word of English. Doesn't make it right though.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They want a fee and they want him gone, they they they.....he should sit it out and play golf for a year.
    He said that a long time ago. He's made a mockery of himself. Clubs haven't come in for him for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    He said that a long time ago. He's made a mockery of himself. Clubs haven't come in for him for a reason.
    That wasn't a genuine quote but I suspect you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We are such a sophisticated bunch aren’t we? When will we realise that having oodles of money must mean we are happy?
    When did I say anything about money and happiness? Loads of people are in jobs they don't like. None of them get any sympathy. They just get on with it. I'm sure he'll be ok. And to reiterate my point Real Madrid are perfectly within their rights to demand a fee for Bale. The Chinese club were taking the piss big time.

Not learning the local language must be a considerable hindrance to integrating into another culture/team/environment - and it's curious as to why someone who can afford to have someone by their side every day tutoring them both in formal and informal situations doesn't make the effort.

A tip for those making the effort when playing abroad: don't literally translate football terminology into another language as I did when I played for an amateur team abroad many moons ago. I still cringe thinking about a faux pas or two of mine in that department, in particular 'in the air' and 'on the wing'. Literal translations of both terms were non-sensical to my understanding team mates. I am just thankful that I didn't try 'square ball'.............
    By the way, a penalty in German is known as an 'Elfmeter' i.e. an eleven metre.

agreed

Look at any high street and see the poor buggers living in tents, i do find it hard to feel sorry for Bale

Aguero speaks English fluently

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not learning the local language must be a considerable hindrance to integrating into another culture/team/environment - and it's curious as to why someone who can afford to have someone by their side every day tutoring them both in formal and informal situations doesn't make the effort.

A tip for those making the effort when playing abroad: don't literally translate football terminology into another language as I did when I played for an amateur team abroad many moons ago. I still cringe thinking about a faux pas or two of mine in that department, in particular 'in the air' and 'on the wing'. Literal translations of both terms were non-sensical to my understanding team mates. I am just thankful that I didn't try 'square ball'.............
    By the way, a penalty in German is known as an 'Elfmeter' i.e. an eleven metre.
    Indeed it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Aguero speaks English fluently
    My bad I must have missed him doing his Mickey Flanagan and Stephen Fry impersonation videos!!

My bad I must have missed him doing his Mickey Flanagan and Stephen Fry impersonation videos!!
    No need to apologise kidda, we all make mistakes

They were in effect, buying him out of his contract, which would have saved RM over £90M.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They were in effect, buying him out of his contract, which would have saved RM over £90M.
    No one seemed to tell Real Madrid then because they wanted a fee. Which they are well entitled to do for a player who has years left on his contact.

A mercenary like tevez perhaps....I’m sure bale can speak some Spanish, I mean I pick up a bit every time I go for a few weeks and prob been 15 times or so, it’s not a difficult language. As for money making you happy, can’t believe anyone is stupid enough to believe that in this day and age. I guess booze does too

No one seemed to tell Real Madrid then because they wanted a fee. Which they are well entitled to do for a player who has years left on his contact.
    They're not "entitled" to anything. They can charge a fee if someone will pay one. However, Bale is entitled to £90M if he stays at RM and Zidane has made it known that Bale is not wanted there. Pretty good leverage for a team trying to sign him without paying a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're not "entitled" to anything. They can charge a fee if someone will pay one. However, Bale is entitled to £90M if he stays at RM and Zidane has made it known that Bale is not wanted there. Pretty good leverage for a team trying to sign him without paying a fee.
    As he is under contract they are entitled to a fee if that is what they want.

As he is under contract they are entitled to a fee if that is what they want.
    But do you seriously think that Real didn't know the full financial details of the deal from the very start ? To pull the plug at the last minute citing something they knew from the very beginning is the problem.