+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Glatzel

Re: Robert Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't necessarily think that the bottom 3 teams in the Bundesliga were any worse than the bottom 3 in the premier league last season.

I know that the standard or at least style of football from the 2nd division in Germany matches the championship. If you watch teams like Holstein Kiel last season the football they played was unbelievable.

I know this wasn't your argument but some of the best up and coming manager certainly come from that league.
    I’ve watched Hertha Berlin four times in recent seasons. On each occasion the teams they’ve played have been fellow mid-table Bundesliga sides. It’s been a great experience, but the standard of the football has been weak.

None of the sides I’ve watched would have avoided relegation from the Premier League and none would have been leading lights in the Championship either. That’s my opinion. If you believe otherwise then fair enough, but the evidence I’ve seen suggests the German leagues are relatively weak with the exception of the major sides. There’s no strength in depth, hence the fact that a player like Mark Grujic can operate comfortably in the German top flight.

Seems like a good signing to me. We can never tell but he looks like a player who could do great things in the right setting

I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't necessarily think that the bottom 3 teams in the Bundesliga were any worse than the bottom 3 in the premier league last season.

I know that the standard or at least style of football from the 2nd division in Germany matches the championship. If you watch teams like Holstein Kiel last season the football they played was unbelievable.

I know this wasn't your argument but some of the best up and coming manager certainly come from that league.

You know the standard matches the championship? It doesn’t from anything I've seen or read in recent seasons. The you tube video backs up some poor defending

However hopefully Bob can settle, create space and goals

The most reliable /truthful news source in the world now running with it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49166389

Robert Glatzel was born on Jan. 8, 1994. He is currently 25 years old and plays as a Striker for Heidenheim in Germany. His overall rating in FIFA 19 is 71 with a potential of 74. Glatzel has got a 2-star skillmoves rating. He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / Medium. Glatzel's height is 193 cm cm and his weight is estimated at 85 kg kg according to our database. Currently, Robert Glatzel is playing with number 9. His best stats are: Strength: 82, Finishing: 77, Att. Position: 73, Shot Power: 73, Heading: 72.

Thing is that he appears to have the knack of finding the net in that instance when the chance appears, and that's something which we've sometimes lacked. He'll be keen to make his mark and of course, unlike Ken, will obey orders without question .

Just hope he doesn't make any embarrassing mistakes when they ask him for the photo dong the Ayatollah

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’ve watched Hertha Berlin four times in recent seasons. On each occasion the teams they’ve played have been fellow mid-table Bundesliga sides. It’s been a great experience, but the standard of the football has been weak.

None of the sides I’ve watched would have avoided relegation from the Premier League and none would have been leading lights in the Championship either. That’s my opinion. If you believe otherwise then fair enough, but the evidence I’ve seen suggests the German leagues are relatively weak with the exception of the major sides. There’s no strength in depth, hence the fact that a player like Mark Grujic can operate comfortably in the German top flight.
    Let’s hope he’s a stand out player in his league amongst the lesser lights, does make you think though why a Bundesliga club hasn’t taken a punt on him if he is. Are City’s terms that much more attractive? Or maybe his agent sees us as a stepping stone to the Premier League & it’s riches. Very interesting signing in my opinion and am looking forward to seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Just hope he doesn't make any embarrassing mistakes when they ask him for the photo dong the Ayatollah
    The photo dong would be more embarrassing in my opinion 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What's a 'photo dong'?

Seriously, there should be not problem for new signings who arrive during pre-season. There must be a few sessions scheduled every day for practising the Ayatollah. I heard a rumour that Jazz is in charge of them.

If anyone saw most of Cardiff's games vs the bottom half, they'd ask serious questions how any of those other sides survived. Burnley and Brighton are dreadful for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Let’s hope he’s a stand out player in his league amongst the lesser lights, does make you think though why a Bundesliga club hasn’t taken a punt on him if he is. Are City’s terms that much more attractive? Or maybe his agent sees us as a stepping stone to the Premier League & it’s riches. Very interesting signing in my opinion and am looking forward to seeing him.
    He’s had three seasons in Bundesliga 2. His league stats are 4 goals in 19 appearances in 16/17, 4 goals in 29 appearances in 17/18 and 13 goals in 26 appearances in 18/19. Last season was when he made his mark, so possibly a late developer and one good season in the second tier is probably why a Bundesliga team hasn’t picked him up.

Definitely an interesting signing but I certainly wouldn’t equate the second tier in Germany to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If anyone saw most of Cardiff's games vs the bottom half, they'd ask serious questions how any of those other sides survived. Burnley and Brighton are dreadful for starters.
    Sure. They’re not good. Better than anything I’ve seen in Germany, though. The game over there doesn’t appear to be nearly as physical as it is over here and although it can be fun to watch and there are plenty of good players dotted around the clubs it’s not a great standard overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    You know the standard matches the championship? It doesn’t from anything I've seen or read in recent seasons. The you tube video backs up some poor defending

However hopefully Bob can settle, create space and goals

Some of Swansea's defending last season was laughable at set pieces. I watched a bit of Paderborn and Holstein Kiel last season and they were very attractive to watch and Holstein in particular played some revolutionary stuff.

I'm no expert on that league however and the league I watch most other than our own is La Liga.

The German second tier is the most watched second tier in the world, and as others have said when you watch games over here more objectively and look at some of the quality of lower premier league teams, you realise how shite they area and how poor championship defending is responsible for most goals at this level

If I'm honest I've never even heard of the guy we're about to sign so I'll reserve any judgement for when I see him but like you just said in a recent post there are plenty of good footballers dotted around in most leagues.

I used to watch a lot of Ligue 2 in France and I'd often see good players but the pace of the game there was so slow it was hard to see if it would translate to the championship.

Definitely an interesting signing but I certainly wouldn’t equate the second tier in Germany to the Championship.
    Definitely not, the standard of our second tier has improved dramatically with the influx of overseas players in the Premier League. 25/30 years ago the vast majority of second tier players now would have been top flight. Not sure but I doubt the Bundesliga has as many non nationals. If it is £5.5 million as reported, by today’s prices, it’s run of the mill for a striker.

Sure. They’re not good. Better than anything I’ve seen in Germany, though. The game over there doesn’t appear to be nearly as physical as it is over here and although it can be fun to watch and there are plenty of good players dotted around the clubs it’s not a great standard overall.
    I'm not a german football expert but I watched Koln last season and I was impressed, while Frankfurt took Chelsea to pens over two legs and played Inter off the park. It's probably the third best league in the world, admittedly its behind PL and Spain but I think the overall quality in Bundesliga 2 won't be miles off the Championship. He's scored against some of the better sides in there too.

If I'm honest I've never even heard of the guy we're about to sign so I'll reserve any judgement for when I see him but like you just said in a recent post there are plenty of good footballers dotted around in most leagues.

I used to watch a lot of Ligue 2 in France and I'd often see good players but the pace of the game there was so slow it was hard to see if it would translate to the championship.
    Always a gamble signing foreign players with the frenetic pace of the game over here! It took great players like Pires and Henry ages to adapt, they'll admit that themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Definitely not, the standard of our second tier has improved dramatically with the influx of overseas players in the Premier League. 25/30 years ago the vast majority of second tier players now would have been top flight. Not sure but I doubt the Bundesliga has as many non nationals. If it is £5.5 million as reported, by today’s prices, it’s run of the mill for a striker.
    As a matter of interest, the entirety of FC Heidenheim’s squad is German.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm not a german football expert but I watched Koln last season and I was impressed, while Frankfurt took Chelsea to pens over two legs and played Inter off the park. It's probably the third best league in the world, admittedly its behind PL and Spain but I think the overall quality in Bundesliga 2 won't be miles off the Championship. He's scored against some of the better sides in there too.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree as I think the standard is indeed miles off. However, as I’ve already said, that’s not to say there aren’t good players dotted around the clubs as there undoubtedly are. Norwich signed one or two last year.

As a matter of interest, the entirety of FC Heidenheim’s squad is German.
    And one player from DR Congo according to Wikipedia

Well I know how some like to take pre season friendlies seriously. This guy scored a hattrick in a 5-1 win over Middlesbrough recently.

Serious hat on, I don't see it being considerably below the standard of the championship, footballing gods of this league like Swansea, Fulham and Bristol city are ten a penny over there.

We’ll have to agree to disagree as I think the standard is indeed miles off. However, as I’ve already said, that’s not to say there aren’t good players dotted around the clubs as there undoubtedly are. Norwich signed one or two last year.
    And Huddersfield the season before that!

He’s had three seasons in Bundesliga 2. His league stats are 4 goals in 19 appearances in 16/17, 4 goals in 29 appearances in 17/18 and 13 goals in 26 appearances in 18/19. Last season was when he made his mark, so possibly a late developer and one good season in the second tier is probably why a Bundesliga team hasn’t picked him up.

If you look at per 90 minutes, instead of per appearance then his goal stats are considerably better.

16/17 4 goals in 6.6 x 90 minutes
    17/18 4 goals in 17 X 90 minutes
    18/19 13 goals in 22 X 90 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well I know how some like to take pre season friendlies seriously. This guy scored a hattrick in a 5-1 win over Middlesbrough recently.

Serious hat on, I don't see it being considerably below the standard of the championship, footballing gods of this league like Swansea, Fulham and Bristol city are ten a penny over there.
    I'd say it was worse than the championship, but better than league one.