+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Glatzel

Re: Robert Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Being tall does not necessarily mean he is good in the air. I recall Ken Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Being tall does not necessarily mean he is good in the air. I recall the last player we got from Germany. About 6ft 7 ins and the bloke was too scared to head the ball and only lasted at the club for a couple of months.
    Ahhhh the "great" Schwinkindorf!! Didn't he only play one game in total for us, and that was a home game! Once ever seen in "action" playing for us, never ever forgotten!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Middlesbrough flew in Forlan to sign, and he went to Man Utd. Maybe we're flying him in only for Boro to poach him

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Odd that we both made the same comment within an hour of each other! And I didn't take it as an accusation either!
    I think that you are me using a second account on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think that you are me using a second account on here!
    I think you will find I am not Pedro de la Rosa, I am Taunton Blue Genie.

I think you will find I am not Pedro de la Rosa, I am Taunton Blue Genie.
    I challenge you to a duel, you impostor! However, if only one of us turns up I will have to re-think...

Once the first goal came for the hosts, the rest swiftly followed, with impressive substitute Robert Glatzel bagging a hat-trick. Woodgate expects the striker to go for big money this summer.

"They've got a good centre-forward in Glatzel, who's going to cost a few quid in the transfer window whoever signs him," said the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Looks good on t'internet no honestly, he does

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Not exactly the marquis signing we expected. Cheap at around €2m. Probably no better than Zohore.
    On what grounds to you conclude "probably"?

Looks YouTube verified. Think this sort of deal is our best shot. Decent enough record, good age, not quite the inflated fee he would were he at a club here.

HSV didn't bounce back from Bundesliga 2, so it is certainly a decent standard.
    It isn’t. The Bundesliga itself isn’t a great standard with the exception of a small handful of teams, let alone Bundesliga 2. There are obviously plenty of good players in Germany but the leagues aren’t strong.

He won't be cheap. €6m apparently. He scored a hattrick vs a very strong Bayern in the quarter final of the German cup.

https://www.dfb.de/dfb-pokal/spielta...ches%2F2261368

OT Germans calling penalties "elfmeters" because it is elf (11) metres away is the most German thing that's ever happened.
    I disagree.

Their word for glove is handschuhe.
    Tickled me when I saw that while over there.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    He looks to make time for himself which is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Ahhhh the "great" Schwinkindorf!! Didn't he only play one game in total for us, and that was a home game! Once ever seen in "action" playing for us, never ever forgotten!!
    I remember a mazey run against Reading that cut through them like butter and he let loose a shot that cannoned off the post in front of a very wet Grange End. Nugent might have got the winner late on.

Big Jorn not really noted for much else while here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I remember a mazey run against Reading that cut through them like butter and he let loose a shot that cannoned off the post in front of a very wet Grange End. Nugent might have got the winner late on.

Big Jorn not really noted for much else while here.
    Cheers, forgotten our opponents that day were Reading

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    He looks to make time for himself which is a good thing
    Movement looks decent, and fairly calm in front of goal.

What we haven't seen is what he's like with the ball launched towards his head from our own half

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

What we haven't seen is what he's like with the ball launched towards his head from our own half
    hmmm that might be important

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Our number one summer target apparently and there could be another striker to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49166389

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It isn’t. The Bundesliga itself isn’t a great standard with the exception of a small handful of teams, let alone Bundesliga 2. There are obviously plenty of good players in Germany but the leagues aren’t strong.
    Indeed. I saw two Bundesliga 2 games last season and although they were fun to watch the standard wasn't great.
    Patrick Joosten of Venlo impressed me though.

He is currently having his medical so you'd think this one will go ahead. If we can get a tidy CM in now we should have enough to challenge top 6.

Our number one summer target apparently and there could be another striker to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49166389
    I assume that would be Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't necessarily think that the bottom 3 teams in the Bundesliga were any worse than the bottom 3 in the premier league last season.

I know that the standard or at least style of football from the 2nd division in Germany matches the championship. If you watch teams like Holstein Kiel last season the football they played was unbelievable.

I know this wasn't your argument but some of the best up and coming manager certainly come from that league.