+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Robert Glatzel

Re: Robert Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Thanks, you continue to stand erected, time soon catches up with us all though. I am more confused now than I was at the start of this .
    Points deduction looming for playing a player in suspenders perhaps 😱😱😱

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think he might be suspended on Saturday?
    Cheers Paul, soulsurfer & I are in a right f*cking state since you posted this!!!!! 🤪🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Cheers Paul, soulsurfer & I are in a right f*cking state since you posted this!!!!! ������
    Let`s just hope he signs and can do a job for us, whenever his suspension is up.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Is he expected to sign today ? As you say fingers crossed, season starts Saturday.
    I wasn't referring to when he signs but Warnock's record in signing quality strikers .

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    I wasn't referring to when he signs but Warnock's record in signing quality strikers .
    I was simply asking the question dicey, we all know Warnock and strikers are not straightforward , The Warnock way et al.

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    What does that mean? Does that mean strikers who do well at other clubs or strikers that are effective for Warnock? I think whether he signs quality strikers is perhaps different to whether he signs effective strikers.

If this player makes the impact we're hoping for, coming in as presumably our imagined starting striker, then it's a very good price and a great find.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What does that mean? Does that mean strikers who do well at other clubs or strikers that are effective for Warnock? I think whether he signs quality strikers is perhaps different to whether he signs effective strikers.

If this player makes the impact we're hoping for, coming in as presumably our imagined starting striker, then it's a very good price and a great find.
    Also Zohore was nowhere until Warnock came and 8m for him I'm sure will prove the best bit of business since Joe Masson.

The spelling on this page is atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Your correct in pulling me up on this.. I used the word quality which is generally defined as fitness for purpose.
    However a striker is generally judged by how many goals he bangs into the back of the net.

Quick, two footed, tall, can head a goal and can take a decent penalty - liking this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is he a striker?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFLA View Post
    17 in 55 in the German 2nd division.
    So, no.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    So, no.
    Seemed to have a poor 17/18 season.

Scored 17 with 6 assists in 29 league and cup appearances last season.

Paul Abbandonato is saying on Twitter that they’ve been told it’s a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    So, no.
    A goal every three games is better than average for most strikers. Chopra averaged one every three and a half games over his career.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A goal every three games is better than average for most strikers. Chopra averaged one every three and a half games over his career.
    A more accurate stat is how many goals per minute on the pitch- and his figures look much better then.

Although I’d be interested as to why he was sub so often and also how many goals were penalties

This goals per game shit is so misleading and lazy without looking at how many were sub appearances and penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    This goals per game shit is so misleading and lazy without looking at how many were sub appearances and penalties
    Yep. Years ago I remember many moaning about Ross McCormack, yet when played as a striker, even stripping away penalties, he had a marginally better scoring ratio than Chopra.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    A more accurate stat is how many goals per minute on the pitch- and his figures look much better then.

Although I’d be interested as to why he was sub so often and also how many goals were penalties

Goals per minute can be misleading too as I believe the goal scoring rate generally increases in line with time elapsed so substitutes often have inflated scoring figures compared with regular starters on this measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Goals per minute can be misleading too as I believe the goal scoring rate generally increases in line with time elapsed so substitutes often have inflated scoring figures compared with regular starters on this measure.
    That’s a fair point, although nowhere near as bad as where people count 5 minutes off the bench equal to someone who’s had 90