Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
I don't necessarily agree with that. I don't necessarily think that the bottom 3 teams in the Bundesliga were any worse than the bottom 3 in the premier league last season.

I know that the standard or at least style of football from the 2nd division in Germany matches the championship. If you watch teams like Holstein Kiel last season the football they played was unbelievable.

I know this wasn't your argument but some of the best up and coming manager certainly come from that league.
I’ve watched Hertha Berlin four times in recent seasons. On each occasion the teams they’ve played have been fellow mid-table Bundesliga sides. It’s been a great experience, but the standard of the football has been weak.

None of the sides I’ve watched would have avoided relegation from the Premier League and none would have been leading lights in the Championship either. That’s my opinion. If you believe otherwise then fair enough, but the evidence I’ve seen suggests the German leagues are relatively weak with the exception of the major sides. There’s no strength in depth, hence the fact that a player like Mark Grujic can operate comfortably in the German top flight.