+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squad Numbers

Re: Squad Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I was just looking at the four u23s who went on the USA/Canada tour. Two have been given squad numbers; two haven't.

I assume Coxe has signed his contract - he's on the club u23 squad page (although that probably doesn't mean anything - the site is a dogs breakfast at the moment)
    Yes, I also think it's a bit odd but I'm guessing Coxe and Waite will be loaned out. Coxe absolutely has to get some first team football this season. Richards must be fitter than he seems...

1. Neil Etheridge
    2. Lee Peltier
    3. Joe Bennett
    4. Sean Morrison (C)
    5. Aden Flint
    6. Will Vaulks
    7. Leandro Bacuna
    8. Joe Ralls
    9. Robert Glatzel
    11. Josh Murphy
    12. Alex Smithies
    13. Callum Paterson
    14. Bobby De Cordova-Reid
    16. Curtis Nelson
    17. Lee Tomlin
    18. Greg Cunningham
    19. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
    20. Gavin Whyte
    21. Jazz Richards
    22. Sol Bamba
    23. Danny Ward
    24. Gary Madine
    25. Joe Day
    27. Omar Bogle
    30. Ciaron Brown
    31. Aaron Bolger
    33. Junior Hoilett

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, I also think it's a bit odd but I'm guessing Coxe and Waite will be loaned out. Coxe absolutely has to get some first team football this season. Richards must be fitter than he seems...
    In Warnock's interview this afternoon he said Jazz is going to be another 3-4 weeks out with a knee ligament injury!

He also said there had been a few enquiries about Loic Damour.

No mention of Matt Connolly - who is presumably now 6th/7th choice CB behind even Ciaron Browne.

The names he mentioned (or confirmed) who were pushing for football but may find it hard to force their way in are Cunningham, Smithies, Tomlin, and Madine.

He suggested Curtis Nelson or Leandro Bacuna as cover for Peltier if Jazz isn't fit. No mention of Coxe.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-16678032

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...bers-confirmed
    Announced

Damour and Connolly don't have squad numbers and we have no 10 or 15.
    Damour was the only unused sub against Nice. No surprise really.

International

When I was playing the team had 11 shirts numbered 1 to 11 and that's all. The shirt you wore depended on the position you were playing that day. SIMPLES

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    When I was playing the team had 11 shirts numbered 1 to 11 and that's all. The shirt you wore depended on the position you were playing that day. SIMPLES
    Could still field a team with 1-11 numbered on their back in we sign a number 10 who can play on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Should do it now for a laugh, Flint wearing Peltier’s shirt, long sleeves becoming short sleeves!

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should do it now for a laugh, Flint wearing Peltier’s shirt, long sleeves becoming short sleeves!
    Just roll them up ffs for the shorty and give the long armed one sun cream. easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In Warnock's interview this afternoon he said Jazz is going to be another 3-4 weeks out with a knee ligament injury!

He also said there had been a few enquiries about Loic Damour.

No mention of Matt Connolly - who is presumably now 6th/7th choice CB behind even Ciaron Browne.

The names he mentioned (or confirmed) who were pushing for football but may find it hard to force their way in are Cunningham, Smithies, Tomlin, and Madine.

He suggested Curtis Nelson or Leandro Bacuna as cover for Peltier if Jazz isn't fit. No mention of Coxe.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-16678032
    Who covers left-back if Cunningham leaves?

No 10, 15, 26 or 32

All very mysterious given that some players supposedly leaving do have numbers