+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whose needed now?

CardiffCitySince1927

Whose needed now?

A right back and a midfielder?

Re: Whose needed now?

I’d be amazed I’d we signed a right back.

With Peltier , Jazz Richards , Nelson , Patterson , Coxe , all of whom can cover that position I don’t see the need for it.

I got a feeling Nelson is going to play quite regularly.

Arter permanent and Wickham on loan. We should be ok.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I’d be amazed I’d we signed a right back.

With Peltier , Jazz Richards , Nelson , Patterson , Coxe , all of whom can cover that position I don’t see the need for it.

I got a feeling Nelson is going to play quite regularly.
    Jazz is permanently loaned out to Holby City FC; Paterson, can’t defend for toffee; Coxe is a youngster who is unsighted at any sort of level. Peltier is a decent option out there but Nelson still seems like a worse Manga as he is a cb at rb. Bacuna I feel is like a Peltier in midfield situation, only do it if we’re in desperate need.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Jazz is permanently loaned out to Holby City FC; Paterson, can’t defend for toffee; Coxe is a youngster who is unsighted at any sort of level. Peltier is a decent option out there but Nelson still seems like a worse Manga as he is a cb at rb. Bacuna I feel is like a Peltier in midfield situation, only do it if we’re in desperate need.
    If they're keeping Coxe, its because they rate him. We've got plenty of cover there and Peltier ended the season very strongly.

I agree on Jazz. I find it bizarre we extended his contract tbh.
    Coxe needs games I suppose for us to see what he can do.
    Nelson looked decent to me against Nice. One game in a friendly , but he looked more of a RB than Manga did.
    Bacuna looked awful in midfield as he’s always done so let’s hope he’s a better RB. I don’t think warnock seems as a defender though.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Arter permanent and Wickham on loan. We should be ok.
    Absolutely good business that would be good however I'm guessing there clubs want them, sold and off the books

Another central midfielder and that’ll be our lot.

Like I said a few weeks ago.... Step in Chris Gunter...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If they're keeping Coxe, its because they rate him. We've got plenty of cover there and Peltier ended the season very strongly.
    I think your right , Pelts performances at the back end and the Utd games were very interesting, he even went into midfield to shut them down , I do like a traditional sturdy full back ,he's great at this level.

Definitely need another central midfielder !

Id be happy with just Arter coming in. If we have Reid playing as a striker this year do we need wickham?

Another central midfielder and another striker (possibly loan).

I would like us to keep Bogle and try to get some £ back on Madine - but I doubt either will happen. I expect Bogle to be moved on and Madine kept.

I don't expect Warnock to go for a new right back. As others have said, we have too many players already in that position even if there are questions over all of them: Peltier (lack of pace and attack), Coxe (lack of experience), Jazz (lack of ankles and general fitness), several others that can cover who are normally centre backs, left backs or Callum Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Jazz (lack of ankles)