+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does Warnock give out 2nd chances

Does Warnock give out 2nd chances

How many think that Bogle & Tomlin will be in the final squad ?
    I would like to see both given another opportunity but got this nagging feeling that Warnock will ship them out at the first opportunity.

Re: Does Warnock give out 2nd chances

I think he probably will and definitely should if he can.

I think he does give second chances, but very much after he lets them know it's 'his way or no way'. He was pretty scathing of Bennett after that straight against Man City.

Also, there was that incident with Bamba on the touchline against Ipswich I think.

He quite rightly punishes players for poor behavior.

Yeah, but I think that the two players in the OP have been given lots and lots of chances .
    There's got to come a point where players who don't fit in for whatever reason move on for everyone's sake - maybe they'd do better in another set up, and of course everyone wants to see them succeed .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think he probably will and definitely should if he can.
    Yeah, but I think that the two players in the OP have been given lots and lots of chances .
    There's got to come a point where players who don't fit in for whatever reason move on for everyone's sake - maybe they'd do better in another set up, and of course everyone wants to see them succeed .
    Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Hmmmmm
    Seriously, WB, please **** off with your multiple accounts. Please. You're just talking to yourself, you derail every thread and it's so tedious. We all know it's you. Just retire them. Please.

(Not directed at rudy!)

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I think he does give second chances, but very much after he lets them know it's 'his way or no way'. He was pretty scathing of Bennett after that straight against Man City.

Also, there was that incident with Bamba on the touchline against Ipswich I think.
    He handled the Bamba situation very well. Sol had lost it on the touchline and Warnock allowed him to finish his tantrum but Sol apologised on camera afterwards.
    No doubt he read him the riot act in private.

Regarding Tomlin, they both know that he wasn't fit enough for the way Warnock wants to play.
    He will know in training before risking playing him.

Bogle a different situation. He needed games and experience.

Hopefully both will have benefited from their lay offs which leads to City's benefit too.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He handled the Bamba situation very well. Sol had lost it on the touchline and Warnock allowed him to finish his tantrum but Sol apologised on camera afterwards.
    No doubt he read him the riot act in private.

Regarding Tomlin, they both know that he wasn't fit enough for the way Warnock wants to play.
    He will know in training before risking playing him.

Bogle a different situation. He needed games and experience.

Hopefully both will have benefited from their lay offs which leads to City's benefit too.
    Bogle missed training, was late and got that stupid red at Bristol. Tomlin is Tomlin but hopefully he seems to have turned his life around, not just in a football sense.

Bamba is Bamba, him and Warnock just get each other.

Yeah that red seemed to kill boggle’s city career almost, was doing ok before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Seriously, WB, please **** off with your multiple accounts. Please. You're just talking to yourself, you derail every thread and it's so tedious. We all know it's you. Just retire them. Please.

(Not directed at rudy!)

Stop your trolling. I'm not WB

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    How many think that Bogle & Tomlin will be in the final squad ?
    I would like to see both given another opportunity but got this nagging feeling that Warnock will ship them out at the first opportunity.
    Does this apply to Championship? I thought it was only the Prem that had a limited number of squad players.

Think we could do with the options in advanced positions at the moment. Anyone else coming in will likely push them out. Think it would be nice to give them until January to see if they have something to offer as I think both have talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Does this apply to Championship? I thought it was only the Prem that had a limited number of squad players.
    I think we can have as many players as we like but if Bogle and/or Tomlin (or anyone!) are 4th choices etc, I think they'll be moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we can have as many players as we like but if Bogle and/or Tomlin (or anyone!) are 4th choices etc, I think they'll be moved on.

I think you maybe right about squad numbers but I guess I was more focussing on whether they will be shipped out.
    Neither of them are in 1st team page on the official website.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

Tomlin yes has had a lot of chances but what's Bogle done? One ill judged red card is all I can think of. Certainly doesn't qualify as lots and lots of chances, and he looked a half decent player at this level