+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glatzel must be given the opportunity to run onto the ball.

Glatzel must be given the opportunity to run onto the ball.

No use pumping long balls to him in the air which he needs to control before doing anything with it.

Re: Glatzel must be given the opportunity to run onto the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    No use pumping long balls to him in the air which he needs to control before doing anything with it.
    Agree.

He'll end up getting frustrated if his back is constantly to goal and those high-hanging balls are aimlessly pumped up to him while he is being jostled by a defender. He looks quite athletic for a tall player, if Murphy and Mendez-Laing can whip in crosses with a bit of pace on them he could do some damage, or a quick threaded ball through by Decadova-Reid.

... just not aimless balls pumped up in his direction from our defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Agree.

He'll end up getting frustrated if his back is constantly to goal and those high-hanging balls are aimlessly pumped up to him while he is being jostled by a defender. He looks quite athletic for a tall player, if Murphy and Mendez-Laing can whip in crosses with a bit of pace on them he could do some damage, or a quick threaded ball through by Decadova-Reid.

... just not aimless balls pumped up in his direction from our defenders.
    You'd like to think that Warnock knows this. If he does use him this way I will be far from impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    You'd like to think that Warnock knows this. If he does use him this way I will be far from impressed.
    It’s how Ken was used apart from a handful of games. I’m not anticipating anything different from Warnock but I hope Glatzel deals with this style of play better than KZ did.

Neil Warnock is currently the most experienced football manager in the world who is in a job. I’m sure that he knows what to do.

I’m sure we won’t change our style that much. Long balls will be played into him, and if after 5/6 games he hasn’t done much, the fans will start having a go at him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    It’s how Ken was used apart from a handful of games. I’m not anticipating anything different from Warnock but I hope Glatzel deals with this style of play better than KZ did.
    This definitely.

Warnock didn't change the way he played when he didn't play with a target man either so he isn't going to start any new style now.

I am over the moon we have a new striker through the door though.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Neil Warnock is currently the most experienced football manager in the world who is in a job. I’m sure that he knows what to do.
    As you can see from other posters in this thread, your confidence is not share by all.

I bet he can adapt, he looks a handful to me, I have a good feeling he will do well!

Why is it thought Glatzel will not have the support to run onto the ball? Last season Niasse's movement was good; he was able to run on to the ball but his abysmal finishing meant he couldn't score. It seems this new guy can also head the ball unlike Zahore so I have no worries.

The fact he cost less than Madine and less than we got for Zahore leads me to conclude the club has done well in securing Glatzel's services. So far I'm happy; we might even sell a few more season tickets on the back of it. Wouldn't it be great if the Upper Ninian was opened for this season?

I hope he does as well but if not I would rather the tactics are varied to suit the strengths of the available players and not use them less effectively to suit the tactics. In Warnock We Trust was the phrase used by many, it is a bit tarnished for me at the moment given some of the off field issues of last season but, as he has new personnel including a striker of whom we have high hopes, I suppose we must keep the faith

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Lets be honest, you appear less than impressed with everything our manager does.

As you can see from other posters in this thread, your confidence is not share by all.
    The fact that the posters in this thread are beefing about our playing style does not mean that they speak for the majority of fans.
    I sometimes scan this board and see people with a contrary view to myself and think, nah I can't be arsed entering into a five page argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The fact that the posters in this thread are beefing about our playing style does not mean that they speak for the majority of fans.
    I sometimes scan this board and see people with a contrary view to myself and think, nah I can't be arsed entering into a five page argument.
    Where does it say that they do?

Where does it say that they do?
    Sorry I don't understand your question

I personally quite like the long ball game and I'm looking forward to watching us hoof it up in the air at him

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I personally quite like the long ball game and I'm looking forward to watching us hoof it up in the air at him
    Before last season there was talk about a typical Neil Warnock side which includes assumption of physicality however (without checking the stats) Man City appeared to commit more fouls than us. These "traditional" tactics work depending on how they're used, what else is done, how capable the side is at changing strategy when needed....

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Neil Warnock is currently the most experienced football manager in the world who is in a job.
    Is that a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Is that a fact?
    DON'T SEVERNCITY, IT'S A TRAP