+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watford away kit

Watford away kit

looks awful familiar.

Re: Watford away kit

Can't put my finger on where I have seen it before....

On the same note though have a look at the Hamburg home shirt this season.
    The possibilities are there for the 70's retro shirt to be replicated next season. We always seem to get an old Adidas template but this one would be welcomed by all I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Can't put my finger on where I have seen it before....

On the same note though have a look at the Hamburg home shirt this season.
    The possibilities are there for the 70's retro shirt to be replicated next season. We always seem to get an old Adidas template but this one would be welcomed by all I am sure.
    Would certainly be welcomed by me, even though I'm a bit too chubby to wear one. Where's the grubber smiley gone?

How embarrassing.

Taking the piss. Mega brand complacency.

I might get the Watford away kit if it's cheaper.

how long have we got adidas for? they clearly don't give a shit do they

It's not adidas, it's the club. It costs more (or means less of a margin) to have a bespoke kit instead of a template. Also, anyone else think the 70s yellow and white stripe kit is massively overrated? It gets brought up every time there's a kit discussion on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    It's not adidas, it's the club. It costs more (or means less of a margin) to have a bespoke kit instead of a template. Also, anyone else think the 70s yellow and white stripe kit is massively overrated? It gets brought up every time there's a kit discussion on this board.
    Ah right ok, didn't realise that, thanks for educating me. I'd love to see a modern version of the yellow and white stripe kit but my dream would be a black away with yellow stripes

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Ah right ok, didn't realise that, thanks for educating me. I'd love to see a modern version of the yellow and white stripe kit but my dream would be a black away with yellow stripes
    We did this for a third kit in 15/16, looked exactly like a Watford kit, couldn’t buy them though had to sponsor a player for £700 to get one

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    We did this for a third kit in 15/16, looked exactly like a Watford kit, couldn’t buy them though had to sponsor a player for £700 to get one
    I meant all black but with yellow adidas stripes, like a reverse version of that one off Wales kit we played in against Moldova a couple of years ago (which was also beautiful)

Football-2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Russia-Qualifying-Group-D-Moldova-v-Wales.jpg

Quality kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    It was a third kit in case we played Palace in the cup wasn't it? Either way, they priced people out of the kit which was good as we never needed it.