+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ex-Pat Streaming Service

Ex-Pat Streaming Service

Seen posts on here saying it’s happening but I’m yet to find anything. Anything confirmed?

Re: Ex-Pat Streaming Service

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Seen posts on here saying it’s happening but I’m yet to find anything. Anything confirmed?
    https://live.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/

I watched the Nice game last Saturday for a pound. They only used one camera and it was very hit & miss with the quality. However, they say they'll be using 4 cameras during the course of the season, so hopefully the quality will be a lot better.

BTW:
    Last time we were in the Championship, I signed up for a season pass with iFollow Cardiff City. Due to my poor internet speeds where I am, my experience was often plagued by buffeting. So, I would often try to avoid finding out the score and watch the full-recorded game the following day. My season pass back then was 110 quid, which is what it is with the new Live Cardiff City service. However, I seem to recall this full-recorded next day service was available even if you hadn't signed up to any subscription.. or have I got that wrong?
    Obviously, I'm thinking I perhaps don't need to pay for a season pass if I intend to watch the game the next day, can someone guide me on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    https://live.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/

I watched the Nice game last Saturday for a pound. They only used one camera and it was very hit & miss with the quality. However, they say they'll be using 4 cameras during the course of the season, so hopefully the quality will be a lot better.
    was looking all over for that link, cheers

I thought it was £70 last time. It was only $49 lst year to watch on NBC.

I hope there's graphics and commentary this time. Or at least a clock.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

I definitely remember paying 110 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Think i paid 110 euros last time

Thanks. It’s £5 a game or £110 for the season. I’ll probably opt for the £5 a game option as I’m unlikely to be able to watch hardly any midweek games

...So, I would often try to avoid finding out the score and watch the full-recorded game the following day...

How the hell are you able to manage that?
    I find it tough keeping away from the score when the stream is a minute behind

I definitely remember paying 110 quid.
    Maybe it was $170.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Me too. Quite often when I was watching "live" last season, a goal alert would pop up on my phone before we scored or conceded on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

It's really not that difficult in the environment I live in. The hardest thing is having to stay off this forum during that time. I'm hardly likely to hear anyone discussing the City's result in a local bar or such given my location.

I've paid the £110 without hesitation. It sounds like it's going to be much better than the ifollow we had during our promotion season. Now we've got mulitple cameras, replays and commentary. I do have a few concerns though. During the game last week the video cut out a few times and there wasn't a rewind function. Hopefully this can be sorted out.

For £110 I get to watch all of the games without worrying about missing any of it. It's a no brainer for me.

I don't think they will upload full matches anymore because as far as I can see there is no paid video subscription anymore, except the live matches. They seem to be going down the route of free video access with paid live video/audio. So I would expect the full match would only be available the next day if you had purchased the live video.

It was £110 for the last campaign in the Championship. So same pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I've paid the £110 without hesitation. It sounds like it's going to be much better than the ifollow we had during our promotion season. Now we've got mulitple cameras, replays and commentary. I do have a few concerns though. During the game last week the video cut out a few times and there wasn't a rewind function. Hopefully this can be sorted out.

For £110 I get to watch all of the games without worrying about missing any of it. It's a no brainer for me.

I don't think they will upload full matches anymore because as far as I can see there is no paid video subscription anymore, except the live matches. They seem to be going down the route of free video access with paid live video/audio. So I would expect the full match would only be available the next day if you had purchased the live video.
    Hi Shute! If only SSports would cover the Championship, eh! What a great service that was, so incredibly cheap too!!

I'm going to pay the match day £5 for the Wigan game and see how it goes regarding buffering. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they will upload the full game the next day as well. I've already been on to the wife to make sure we are getting the fastest Internet connection available. I could never go back to looking at live score updates on the pc ever again..

Hi Shute! If only SSports would cover the Championship, eh! What a great service that was, so incredibly cheap too!!

I'm going to pay the match day £5 for the Wigan game and see how it goes regarding buffering. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they will upload the full game the next day as well. I've already been on to the wife to make sure we are getting the fastest Internet connection available. I could never go back to looking at live score updates on the pc ever again..
    Hello buddy.

Yeah SSports was absolutely brilliant. The ifollow that we had the year before didn't work great for me without using a vpn, because of the international throttling problem we have. I used Astrill vpn last weekend and the stream worked great for me (issues were at their end with the camera going off and screen tearing). I do have a 100mb connection though, which must help.

I've looked around the various Chinese websites for local coverage and can only find premier league at the moment, which I won't be getting this year. Fingers crossed this City service works well and we'll be getting up at 3am to watch us bag 3 points on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Hello buddy.

Yeah SSports was absolutely brilliant. The ifollow that we had the year before didn't work great for me without using a vpn, because of the international throttling problem we have. I used Astrill vpn last weekend and the stream worked great for me (issues were at their end with the camera going off and screen tearing). I do have a 100mb connection though, which must help.

I've looked around the various Chinese websites for local coverage and can only find premier league at the moment, which I won't be getting this year. Fingers crossed this City service works well and we'll be getting up at 3am to watch us bag 3 points on the regular.
    I'm not sure what speed Internet connection I have to be honest, I just know it is painfully slow. Who is your provider.. China Telecom? In fact, I'm not sure that 100mb is available where I live (3rd tier city).

Yes it's China telecom. It costs about 150yuan per month, which isn't too bad. 100MB is the least you can buy in my 1st tier city, it goes up to 500MB. But honestly it's fast enough with 100MB.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    It was £110 for the last campaign in the Championship. So same pricing.
    Where in Switzerland are you, spend half my f******g life in Basel these days?