+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ashes First Test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ashes First Test

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its right you don't really go all out in the nets, but how else could he prove fitness before hand, they couldn't replicate the situation. I would have imagined that the medical would have gone through all the processes and scans before hand, but there was still a weakness there.

Being a bowler down and with the release of pressure and the added tiredness of the remaining bowlers has in this moment let Australia get to a higher score than they should have done. In a venue that England generally win at, they are at a sure disadvantage now.
    England are still in the driving seat, it was important to get both Roy and Burns back last night. It's still a below par score and they just need to get off to a good start.

They could have made Jimmy actually bowl at full tilt for a spell. Either way, he's not 100% and you can say x, y, z but it clearly was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    England are still in the driving seat, it was important to get both Roy and Burns back last night. It's still a below par score and they just need to get off to a good start.

They could have made Jimmy actually bowl at full tilt for a spell. Either way, he's not 100% and you can say x, y, z but it clearly was a mistake.
    Jimmy and the team were most probably bowling at full pelt, i imagine the speed gun was showing similar speeds to the match. Its just different in the nets.

Its a mistake now, but that's easy to say after the event.

Jimmy and the team were most probably bowling at full pelt, i imagine the speed gun was showing similar speeds to the match. Its just different in the nets.

Its a mistake now, but that's easy to say after the event.
    Well according to the Sky pundits, they probably wouldn't be bowling full speed, which is the issue. It's easy to say but Jimmy was probably desperate to play so pushed himself to do so, which is probably why he feels so guilty now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well according to the Sky pundits, they probably wouldn't be bowling full speed, which is the issue. It's easy to say but Jimmy was probably desperate to play so pushed himself to do so, which is probably why he feels so guilty now.
    Jimmy would have had a spell at full speed in front of the coaches. I know what the panelists are saying, i've been in nets myself for the past 20 years, and you do bowl at full speed, but its not match intensity.

Jimmy would have had a spell at full speed in front of the coaches. I know what the panelists are saying, i've been in nets myself for the past 20 years, and you do bowl at full speed, but its not match intensity.
    Yes, I realise that but this is a 5 day test match. The pundits explicitly said that Anderson would not have been going full pace in the nets and the warm ups. They'll know better than all of us.