+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 million really ??

20 million really ??

Sheffield United have agreed a club record £20m deal for Swansea City striker Oli McBurnie.

Re: 20 million really ??

sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    sauce?
    Oh, it’ll be on HP👍

hire purchase!!! I don't believe it !

Heard this on the radio earlier. Jacks have done well out of this. In my humble opinion he's average at best and £5m would be about right.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    hire purchase!!! I don't believe it !
    OK then 🤪

£17m only £20m with addons probably if they stay up!

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Heard this on the radio earlier. Jacks have done well out of this. In my humble opinion he's average at best and £5m would be about right.
    £5million for a 23 year old Scottish international who scored 24 goals last season? Come on, don't be ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    £17m only £20m with addons probably if they stay up!
    The Jacks always seem to get top dollar for their players while we always sell on the cheap? Ramsey £4.8m, Bruno £3m, Zohore 8m, Ledley 0, Matthews 0, numerous other actually payed off to leave! How much will we get back for Madine,Tomlin,Cunningham,Bogle and Smithies all Apparently we are trying to shift!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    The Jacks always seem to get top dollar for their players while we always sell on the cheap? Ramsey £4.8m, Bruno £3m, Zohore 8m, Ledley 0, Matthews 0, numerous other actually payed off to leave! How much will we get back for Madine,Tomlin,Cunningham,Bogle and Smithies all Apparently we are trying to shift!
    To be fair Ramsey, chopra would be top dollar today also. Prices gone crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    £5million for a 23 year old Scottish international who scored 24 goals last season? Come on, don't be ridiculous
    Ok, £6m tops
    I could most probably get in Scotland's team.

Theyve fecked up as well in recent years. The Ayews Carroll Clucas Bony Baston to name a few.

Seems like a player that can score regularly in the Championship is worth at least £10m these days.

He did have people like Dan James playing alongside him last year and although I have done little research (I ain't that sad), one would have thought he'd have had a good few chances and more than likely missed a few. It's a lot easier playing striker when you know that if you miss one or two, you will still get another chance to put it right.

We'll see how good he is this season but fair play to SU, they are speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Didn’t bobby Reid score more than that in his last season in the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theyve fecked up as well in recent years. The Ayews Carroll Clucas Bony Baston to name a few.

Don’t forget sanches he cost them 8 million odd, they blew about 75 million on rubbish that’s not worth anything

This is getting similar to the Shankley anecdote..... “Err, the boy McBurnie”......”20 million wouldn’t buy him”...... “I know I’m one of them”.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t forget sanches he cost them 8 million odd, they blew about 75 million on rubbish that’s not worth anything
    I read that as don’t forget the sandwiches at first & thought no wonder they’re in the shite🤪

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He did have people like Dan James playing alongside him last year and although I have done little research (I ain't that sad), one would have thought he'd have had a good few chances and more than likely missed a few. It's a lot easier playing striker when you know that if you miss one or two, you will still get another chance to put it right.

We'll see how good he is this season but fair play to SU, they are speculating.
    I think you're being a bit unfair on the lad. I watched them a few times on sky last season and he certainly wasn't a fox in the box type player who's only offering was goals.

When I watched them he was all over the place. He'd be helping out at left back one minute, then he'd be in the number 10 position then he'd be up top.

They'll miss him as much as Dan James in my opinion as teams hadn't even got to grips with how fast James was last season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think you're being a bit unfair on the lad. I watched them a few times on sky last season and he certainly wasn't a fox in the box type player who's only offering was goals.

When I watched them he was all over the place. He'd be helping out at left back one minute, then he'd be in the number 10 position then he'd be up top.

They'll miss him as much as Dan James in my opinion as teams hadn't even got to grips with how fast James was last season.
    Haven't seen much of him in fairness, the only impression he had on me was that he looks a bit scruffy and ungainly.
    They must have had a good look at the bloke but as I say, time will tell.

24 goals in his first season as a first team regular for Swansea, 9 in 17 for Barnsley the season before.

Ok, £6m tops
    Maybe

£8m good money for Zohore

Ok, £6m tops
    Ask Scotland fans what they thought of him.

Absolute shite is what I’ve mostly seen.

They’d prefer Paterson up top.

Prices have gone mad.

He’s a hard worker and scores a few, but he had some good players around him creating lots of chances.

He found it a lot more difficult when he played in the Prem.

Not quick, particularly good in the air or tricky.

Good touch and brings other players in well, movement and hold up play very good.

Young too but I can’t see him getting quicker, trickier or better in the air -£20m seems Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ask Scotland fans what they thought of him.

Absolute shite is what I’ve mostly seen.

They’d prefer Paterson up top.

Prices have gone mad.

He’s a hard worker and scores a few, but he had some good players around him creating lots of chances.

He found it a lot more difficult when he played in the Prem.

Not quick, particularly good in the air or tricky.

Good touch and brings other players in well, movement and hold up play very good.

Young too but I can’t see him getting quicker, trickier or better in the air -£20m seems Madness.
    I dont think McBurnie is worth that fee. However hes obviously a natural goalscorer and i dont think Swansea were creating loads of chances. Most of their prettty football was in non dangerous positions.

Without his goals theyd have been in trouble.